• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Masterpiece Arms vs American Rifle Company

What was the problem with the ARC mags? I have a Xylo and Nuke Gen 2 where the mags seat, but sit too low for bolt to strip the round from mag.

Do a search... ARC has had more issues than most.

Just the fact that your Nuke is a Gen 2 should tell you something.

Plus, just go to any match, there will be dozens of MPAs, Manners', MDTs, KRGs... and maybe 2-3 Xylos. Yeah, it could just be a popularity thing, but if they were all that and a bag of chips you'd see more than a few of them I'd think, they've been out for more than a few years now.

Don't get it twisted, I think Ted's stuff is brilliant and have almost pulled the trigger on more than a few of their things, but with their track record and how expensive this shit can get, IDK... being an early adopter can be rough.

Do a search... ARC has had more issues than most.

Just the fact that your Nuke is a Gen 2 should tell you something.

Plus, just go to any match, there will be dozens of MPAs, Manners', MDTs, KRGs... and maybe 2-3 Xylos. Yeah, it could just be a popularity thing, but if they were all that and a bag of chips you'd see more than a few of them I'd think, they've been out for more than a few years now.

Don't get it twisted, I think Ted's stuff is brilliant and have almost pulled the trigger on more than a few of their things, but with their track record and how expensive this shit can get, IDK... being an early adopter can be rough.
The reason you don't see a lot of Xylo chassis at matches is because Ted doesn't hand out stuff like candy or offer any kind of monetary incentive
to use his products. KRG offers cash if you're using their stuff and place at a national level match. Manner's and MDT have a large contingent of
sponsored shooters.
MPA will pretty much give anybody a couple chassis and whatnot if you have a mild social media presence and a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Umm, remember those messed up ARC magazines from a few years back that were giving guys trouble, the Nucleus action needing a stronger firing pin spring after widespread light strikes, the poor level design/placement on the newer M-Brace mounts, and the Mausingfield had teething issues too…

I wish you guys the best of luck with the CDG actions, but I haven’t been an earlier adopter of most gun stuff since getting 3 fucked up Glock Gen4’s in a row back when they first came out, and IIRC Glock had/has a pretty good reputation for shit working.

Since then I only strayed from that path once, with an MPX, and got screwed again, because we all know how fucking Sig operates (using customers as the real beta testers lol).

IMHO the issue with being an early adopter of ARC stuff is they seem to do their testing (or lack of testing) a little too much like SIG, and that's no bueno.

I don't have a lot of MPA stuff, just a couple of mounts that have been great, but I'm pretty sure Phil from MPA can outshoot everyone in this thread and may have even been your RO at a match without you even knowing who he was (happened to me)... so you can't say their shit isn't real-world tested to be legit.
I have a Gen 1 Nucleus that never had a light strike. I have a Gen 1 Archimedes that’s been an absolute dream, and I’m about to have a Gen 1 CDG that I have every faith will be great and if it isn’t, will be made that way in the end.

Reactions: st1650 and LR1845
The reason you don't see a lot of Xylo chassis at matches is because Ted doesn't hand out stuff like candy or offer any kind of monetary incentive
to use his products. KRG offers cash if you're using their stuff and place at a national level match. Manner's and MDT have a large contingent of
sponsored shooters.
MPA will pretty much give anybody a couple chassis and whatnot if you have a mild social media presence and a heartbeat.

No, that is a straw-man argument.

In case you haven't noticed, this is sort of an expensive hobby, and the rifles/chassis' aren't even the expensive part.

There aren't legions of guys making their decisions about which chassis/stock to run based on 10% off certificates (AKA PRS participation trophies), discount codes, or whatever... which is truthfully the only shit the companies you mentioned are really handing out to anyone besides the relative few finishing at the top of big matches regularly. It's just a capitalist democracy at work and guys are voting with their dollars.

I wouldn't run a Xylo for PRS because, compared to what else is out there, I think the forend is too short for shooting off obstacles/props with a bag under the rail, and with all the bells and whistles, they somehow missed the fact that the place they designed for you to put your face (cheekpiece) kind of sucks... but that's just, like, my opinion man (and I imagine the "Gen 2" Xylo will address those issues).

"I'm going to shoot a KRG because if I do well they'll send me almost enough to buy a pack of beef jerky at Buc-ees on the way home"... said nobody, ever. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

In case you haven't noticed, this is sort of an expensive hobby, and the rifles/chassis' aren't even the expensive part.

There aren't legions of guys making their decisions about which chassis/stock to run based on 10% off certificates (AKA PRS participation trophies), discount codes, or whatever... which is truthfully the only shit the companies you mentioned are really handing out to anyone besides the relative few finishing at the top of big matches regularly. It's just a capitalist democracy at work and guys are voting with their dollars.

I wouldn't run a Xylo for PRS because, compared to what else is out there, I think the forend is too short for shooting off obstacles/props with a bag under the rail, and with all the bells and whistles, they somehow missed the fact that the place they designed for you to put your face (cheekpiece) kind of sucks... but that's just, like, my opinion man (and I imagine the "Gen 2" Xylo will address those issues).

"I'm going to shoot a KRG because if I do well they'll send me almost enough to buy a pack of beef jerky at Buc-ees on the way home"... said nobody, ever. :rolleyes:
Yup. I played with a bunch of different chassis and tried to decide which was best for me all things considered. Got it down to two and couldnt decide. Then my 4yr old said one of them was her favorite looking so i went with that one. But yeah, was totally the capabilitys and feel that got me to those two options.

I don’t compete in PRS but I shoot tons around the farm and it’s all barricades or weird positions so why not use the Xylo arca extension for a longer fore end and a area419 rail changer x for a wider foreend? Or just throw some baker wings on it ...

That being said, the complaint on the cheek rest is legit, I’ve modified mine a little bit but I think we could have something much better ... but at the end of the day, still doesn’t prevent me from shooting very accurate groups.

Variety is the spice of life guys, some people even put pineapple on pizza, if it works for you it’s good.

Reactions: padfoot 37
Serious question. Did Ted and ARC block/delete people who had issues the same way Curtis did?
Like I said, I never had any issues with my Gen 1 Nucleus, but when I ordered an action wrench for my Archimedes and mentioned I was a Nucleus user, they asked the serial number and sent me 1.1 upgrade parts for free.

I would encourage you all to focus on being value added here on these forums through your experience. Sharing valueble experience with each other is the reason we get on here to be of value and find value. Its amazing to me how strongly people can disagree about things and shows who is growing the community and who just wants to feel right while the world burns. Chevy is better than ford. Android vs apple. I know a couple people who love the xylo chassis, i dont, but its preference not because its bad quality or i was lied to about it. Masterpiece using rough curtis actions to finish into a production rifle to sell seems to work very well based on independant reviews. Everyone is different and likes diffrrent things. Cheers.