• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Match Trigger for AR ??

Magforce

Private
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2009
Lebanon, Tennessee, USA
Guys i am new at this building my own AR's I have become fairly good sinces its so easy but if I am just shooting for fun at paper would there be any reason really to add a National Match trigger ? Is the cost worth it for just target shooting

Re: Match Trigger for AR ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Traveling Gun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a Geissele two-stage in my AR. </div></div>

I understand they make a drop in now?I have been using the Jewell triggers for several years now,I still use the RRA 2 stage(tuned)on occasion.IMO,any trigger is better than the stndard AR Trigger/milspec type,they SUCK.A good trigger is a must.I just put a military trigger in an AR build so I could function test it,forgot how bad they are.

I plan on a Giessele for my new Seekins lower,they are defintely the "Uber Trigger"

A good single stage like Timney or the Geisselle would also be a good choice. If you are chasing .25 MOA then go with a Geisselle 2 stage or the Chip. LMT 2 stage is a good trigger for the money. I have a Geisselle and its great but they are pricey.

You can also check out Defencive edge. I have one of his triggers and its real nice. Not a drop in, but if you have someone install it you cant ask for better IMO. Only one that i have used that might be better is a Timney.

I just picked up a 2lb Jard trigger for an AR I'm building for myself. It was reasonably priced as far as AR triggers go at about $125. The only exposure I've had to Jard triggers before this one is one I had on a Parker Hale Mauser variant a while back. It was OK, but certainly not a Jewell or Giselle.

The Geisselle is great but unless you are planning on shooting matches use what you have until you feel it is holding you back, then change. More rounds is probably money better spent than a new trigger.

I love the RRA NM2. Not too light and pretty clean break.
All my ARs (10 and 15) have it on.

I found that link to Bill Springfeild on another thread,he will work over a stock AR trigger group @ 4lbs for $39 or 3lbs w/a speed hammer for $50,I have a couple of stock trigger groups just sitting in the spare parts drawer,for that price,I'm going to send one in to him this week,guess it's only about a week turn around.

I worked an AR with a Geiselle trigger last month up in South Dakota at "Farmbo"'s farm and I am planning to get one for a build. VERY NICE.

Darin

I worked an AR with a Geiselle trigger last month up in South Dakota at "Farmbo"'s farm and I am planning to get one for a build. VERY NICE.

Darin

Avoid Timney if you plan to suppressor your rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magforce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys i am new at this building my own AR's I have become fairly good sinces its so easy but if I am just shooting for fun at paper would there be any reason really to add a National Match trigger ? Is the cost worth it for just target shooting </div></div>

these questions come up here a lot....usually i would refer this to the brain trust at BARFifteendotcom.....

have a reason to put lipstick on your pig....any aftermarket trigger and hammer and SPRINGS....have a use and a purpose....after all.....these guns are nothing but tools

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Avoid Timney if you plan to suppressor your rifle. </div></div>

Why is that? I have two timney triggers and am planning on getting another for my LWRC. Never had a problem and after 7K rounds the first one I bought still breaks within 2 oz of when it did the day I got it.

what does a can do to it?

In case anyone is interested, I just contacted Defensive Edge by e-mail and they no longer offer an AR-15 trigger.

Tim

I have a Geiselle and a RRA NM . I don't really care for the 2 stage triggers but they are much better than the 7 pound pull on my standard AR's . I don't think I have found the Holy Grail for single stage AR triggers but when I do I will make sure and post it here first .

Tuned Rem 700 triggers as well as aftermarket single stage triggers for the Rem 700 kind of spoil you as to what trigger pull should be like .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't really care for the 2 stage triggers but they are much better than the 7 pound pull on my standard AR's . I don't think I have found the Holy Grail for single stage AR triggers but when I do I will make sure and post it here first .</div></div>

I'm fairly picky about my triggers. The stock trigger on my M&P15 was not bad for Cro-Magnon Man, but for shooting decent controlled pairs or any kind of precision work, load eval. etc... absolute crap. I researched all the usual suspects and at the time $39 (IIRC) was all my budget would allow. I was very surprised with what Bill Springfield did for my trigger. 1/2 moa 5 shot groups off bags were now possible. Crisp letoff, almost no creep. Not an aftermarket target trigger by any stretch, Holy Grail... probably not,but definitely a very useable trigger for anything I could imagine. If I had anything bad to say it was the the trigger was perhaps a tad light, but that's easier to fix than too heavy with creep.

No I am not affiliated, just satisfied.

John