• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Mateba Unica 6 Semi-Auto Revolver

Bushmaster7

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2002
CONUS
I took the plunge and I found a NIB Mateba Unica 6 Semi-Auto Revolver in 44 Magnum with the full kit, 6" barrel along with an 8" barrel, compensator and scope mount. Looking forward to shooting it at the range. Compliments my 45 ACP semi-auto Taurus 1911 and H&K USP Expert well. Got it more as a longer term collection type acquisition since it is one of the rarer modern firearms out there today; but it should be fun to shoot as well. Not an everyday shooter like my Taurus or USP Expert for sure.

Attachments

• Mateba 1.jpg
    Mateba 1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Mateba 2.jpg
    Mateba 2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 25
Matebas Fans

I took the plunge and I found a NIB Mateba Unica 6 Semi-Auto Revolver in 44 Magnum with the full kit, 6" barrel along with an 8" barrel, compensator and scope mount. Looking forward to shooting it at the range. Compliments my 45 ACP semi-auto Taurus 1911 and H&K USP Expert well. Got it more as a longer term collection type acquisition since it is one of the rarer modern firearms out there today; but it should be fun to shoot as well. Not an everyday shooter like my Taurus or USP Expert for sure.

Congratulations on your Unica 6 and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I have been collecting Matebas for several years and really love them. If you want to read and see more about them, a friend of mine has a great web site - MatebaFan - The internet's only fansite dedicatd to the curious firearms of Emilio Ghisoni. You'll read about about the history of the late Emilio Ghisoni and M.A.T.E.B.A and you can join other Mateba owners and register your gun. the owner of the site has posted several You Tube videos on firing the various Matebas.

Incidentally the Chiappa Rhinos were based on a Ghisoni design.

Thanks nsbeach. I have seen the Matebafan site and it's a good one. Do you have a .44 Magnum or a .357 Magnum Unica, or both ?

Mateba Unica 6 Quick Update

Just an update, I shot 40 rounds through the Mateba Unica 6 (44 Rem Mag) and it functioned flawlessly. Recoil extremely manageable allowing for rapid fire in semi-auto due to the configuration of the revolver. Too bad they are not still making them.

Regards, Dale

Attachments

• image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 40
damn they are ugly but I heard that they shoot better than they look. Might have to try one eventually, won't be selling my smith collection though.

There are some videos of Mateba Unica's being fired on YouTube. Just search under Mateba to find them. Mine shoots extremely well with low recoil for a 44 Magnum. Very complex internal mechanisms but there is a gunsmith out in California that repairs them in case something breaks. Just looking for a good holster for it? Regards, Dale

Incredible! All the limitations of round count and reload speeds of a revolver accomplished by adding more parts! All without any of the advantageous in regard to size and weight or commonality of parts found in a modern day automatic! All highly modified to do what a double action revolver does but at twice the cost. But, by moving the barrel down 1/2" and adding a 4 ounce compensator you can accomplish what barrel porting or....adding a compensator would do for either a revolver or an automatic!

Just joshing you.....