• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Matte/Flat clear coat recommendations

Kjp616

Sheepdog
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 11, 2020
    Indiana
    Just finished the paint job, my first attempt at the "Kryptek" look camo, and wanting to protect it a bit.
    I'm happy with how it turned out however wanting to clear coat but want to have it keep the same ultra flat look it does at the moment.
    Anyone know if any of the spray paints are truly matte/ultra flat and won't leave a sheen or gloss?
    20201031_155131.jpg
    20201031_154748.jpg

I can't speak to rattlecan but the matte clear coat duracoat i used had no sheen to it at all after 6 or 7 coats. I would assume the same for rattlecan applications as long as you apply it thin.

I use 2k matte clear when I paint motorcycles. It's a true matte and a two part epoxy paint so it's pretty durable.

The matte rattle can paints I've used aren't truly matte, they have a bit of shine. But, spray a few coats and knock it down lightly with some 500 grit and it's pretty flat.