• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mauser Action

Re: Mauser Action

Sure will. One problem might be that Mausers don`t like rebated rims. They usually stovepipe. I have found out that 1909 Argentine Mauser work best for rebated cartridges.

Re: Mauser Action

Ever hear of the .500 Schuler or the 500 Jeffrey. Its a rebated rim cartridge. August Schuler built rifles with this chambering starting around 1920. Very few were made. I have held one of these rifles while at Champlin Firearms. Did it feed......hell yes it did.

I have owned 3 mauser rifles with rebated rims. All Three 500 Jeffreys. The first two were built by a master craftsman who had a lot of experience,and I would say the Mauser is there specialty. Those rifles fed cartridges, and ejected cartridges!!!!!!! The third rifle was built by a Company of mass production. I bought it at SCI.............it didn't feed rounds in the chamber or out of the chamber.......it was their display model. After discovering the feed problem. I got my money back.

As for the 6.5x284 I have seen standard length mauser rifles in this chambering. Dorleac and Dorleac built a 6.5x284 on a standard length mauser relative.

I agree with the above poster the 1909 is a good action. As far as feed issues.....A mauser has soul but no feelings.....get a machinist who knows what he's doing and it will feed. What I've learned (and learned the hard way) Don't forget to ask for references, and don't be the guinea pig.

Just my opinion take it or leave it.