• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mauser Chassis Build

KMC

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2014
AZ
Czech Brno Action chambered in .300 Win Mag, 25 Inch barrel, 6 round blind magazine, 4 position stock, 13.5 to 17.5 inch length of pull. Unloaded no optics weight of 13.1 lbs. AR-15 pistol grip, but I made it out of walnut. Thought I should show it off, what do you think?

Attachments

• Chassis-M98-Fin2.jpg
    Chassis-M98-Fin2.jpg
    654.5 KB · Views: 56
How rigid is the buttstock with the two bent rails as the attachment?
How does it handle under recoil?
and most importantly how does it shoot?

The buttstock section appears to have some weight to it, seems like with the diameter of the rods and the fact that they are bent that it would be flimsy. I know EDM widnrunner uses rails similar to this, but they are larger diameter and also straight?

The butt stock weighs less than a lb, and is surprisingly rigid. The 1/4 inch rods actually became stronger when I bent them, It didn't make sense to me at first, but now it does, there is some magical ratio between the diameter of the rods and the length between bends. also because I hardened them on the bends, and on the locking notches. I took the rifle by the barrel and slammed the butt pad onto concrete for about 5 minutes, and she wouldn't give, and that's far more stress than a .300 win mag. As soon as I get a scope I'll let you know how she does at longer ranges, but I was hitting beer cans with the red dot at 100 yards, which doesn't say much, but it's something.