• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses MAY 2021 - PRICE, UT - SnipersHide - 3-DAY P.R.

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant Taylor
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    @azndave is hosting the Frank and Marc Show 14-16 May at North Springs Shooting Range near Price, UT.
    Limited seats available because @azndave has shooter friends who are in seats. We may build another class mid-week if interest is there.
    Join us. $1,000 for three days including Fundamentals, Alternate Positions, and Angle Shooting.
    Info Sheet with logistics, etc. to follow.

Email - [email protected]

Last edited:
    So, I've been wanting to take a long range shooting class and was originally going to start a thread asking for suggestions for a course that's within driving range of southern CO. Then I found this thread. Looks like Price UT is about a 4.5 hr drive for me and timing might really work. So I'd definitely be interested in obtaining more info. about class - particularly level of skill needed to attend. Personally, I started doing some long range shooting (out to 1000) about 18 months ago, but am 100% self taught and my shooting at long distances has been pretty sporadic and haphazard. Also, until recently most shooting from a bench and haven't really done any positional shooting from barricades or other PRS obstacles. So I'm not a complete newbie, but also don't think I could hang/keep up with experienced shooters.

So, I've been wanting to take a long range shooting class and was originally going to start a thread asking for suggestions for a course that's within driving range of southern CO. Then I found this thread. Looks like Price UT is about a 4.5 hr drive for me and timing might really work. So I'd definitely be interested in obtaining more info. about class - particularly level of skill needed to attend. Personally, I started doing some long range shooting (out to 1000) about 18 months ago, but am 100% self taught and my shooting at long distances has been pretty sporadic and haphazard. Also, until recently most shooting from a bench and haven't really done any positional shooting from barricades or other PRS obstacles. So I'm not a complete newbie, but also don't think I could hang/keep up with experienced shooters.
    There's no one to "hang with" with respect to experience. Every student gets a ton of hands-on instruction and leave levels above where they started. Everyone.
    IMO our Course is designed exactly for a shooter like you.

Here's an Info Sheet:
    2019 July 13_14 APRC PR 1 (13) (1280x866) copy.jpg

Attachments

• Price, UT PRC Info Sheet 2021 .pdf
      125.5 KB · Views: 175
    Great course and great instruction. If you're flying out, you'll want to fly to SLC. From there, it's about a 2 hour drive (123 miles) to Price. There are a couple of hotels that you can stay at. Holiday Inn Express if you're feeling rich. Also a Super 8 and a couple others. The range is about a 20 minute drive just on the outskirts.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it out but hope everyone else has a blast.

• Wow
    Reactions: Enough Said
    I'm definitely interested, but my wife has some health issues so I can't really commit to attending until I know when I can get vaccinated for Covid. Ideal for me because location is a doable drive. I realize that it's not reasonable to expect you to hold a spot for me, but can you give me an idea of what the deadline would be to sign up .... or at least how many spots are still open? Thanks.

Great course and great instruction. If you're flying out, you'll want to fly to SLC. From there, it's about a 2 hour drive (123 miles) to Price. There are a couple of hotels that you can stay at. Holiday Inn Express if you're feeling rich. Also a Super 8 and a couple others. The range is about a 20 minute drive just on the outskirts.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it out but hope everyone else has a blast.
    "Not sure if I'll be able to make it out but hope everyone else has a blast." --- WAIT... WHAT!?

Just bumped up one lucky shooter from the Alternates List.
    Conserve your ammo. Things are gonna get worse before they get better.

Payments requested; email sent to the current roster.
    Standby list... Standby. If I email you, you need to get right on it.

Reactions: littlepod
    MHSA Has a bunch of RUAG 308

There is Ammo out there, a ton of 6CM, they have a pallet of ammo out in the middle of the floor which changes everyday to reflect what comes in and it has nothing to do with what is in back the good stuff

and if you pay attention 6.5CM is coming in but goes out the same day

3ABFAFE5-9422-467F-86D2-69EAC98E11EF.jpeg

And you can laugh, but they have tons of Valkyrie, every class so far I have been using the Valk, winning

Those Hornady Cases are 6CM

ADAD7CB9-8472-4D26-8921-2DFF67114AE3.jpeg

You HAVE TO CALL these places, if all you are doing is looking online you are wasting your time.

None of these shops have any chance to list them in their inventory they turn over too quickly

I watch yesterday a guy from Nebraska came into MHSA, bought a bunch of 300PRC , lamented there was no 6.5CM, at which point Mike grabbed him 100 rounds from the back.

If you are not calling you have no room to complain

I've got an open seat. A walk-in will be welcome. Come ready for a great time.

Meet at Wingers at 6:00. Walking distance from Holiday Inn.
    Otherwise, see you at the range in the morning at 8:30.
    Taylor - 907-952-4616

Just wanted to give a shout out to Frank and Mark, who are excellent instructors. They put on a great course that encompassed beginners, and veterans to precision rifle. They tailored it so that everyone learned and advanced. It was impressive to see the day 3 skills of all the shooters, compared to their day one performance. Top notch training! It was a pleasure meeting the guys in the class and our hosts. Top quality people. B

18 hours of driving, one speeding ticket, alien karaoke and Becky. All that, and I’d do it again.

Dave, Ting, Alex and crew were great hosts. Canyon Springs is a nice facility they’re lucky to have in their neck of the woods.

When I got home I went through my gear and surprised to find I only went through a 160 rounds over the class. Sure felt like more, but I attribute this to Weaponized Math. We just didn’t waste rounds doping rifles. Do the math, confirm, move on. The class flowed.

Only disappointment was that we never got to see “Sgt. Taylor” come out. We never saw him because all of my classmates took to the instruction and had fun with everything in between. Met some great people.

Thanks to Frank and Mark for the knowledge and the confidence.

Maybe next year in Amish country or something to up the finding a cocktail stakes.

Rob