• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mayberry DMR Match, Westminster MD

SteveInMd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Maryland
The Mayberry Game Protective Association is hosting a DMR match on Sunday June 8, 2014. This match is designed to showcase the capabilities of an accurate scoped AR style or other scoped semi auto rifle. Participants will engage targets at ranges out to 600 yards from various firing positions and props such as barricades and rooftops.

Appropriate ammo and data for your rifle out to 600 yards is required. Short barreled rifles, non magnified optics and bullets weighting less than 68 grains are not suitable. Optics should have a graduated reticle or BDC to allow accurate shot placement at all ranges. If RO's do not spot hits on target or near targets in the impact areas a shooter may be removed from the match for range safety reasons.

Registration for this match will be different from past Mayberry matches, use the link below to register for the match, payment for the match will be taken the morning of the match. To limit the cancellations and no shows we have implemented a new cancellation policy, if you sign up for the match and are a no show you will be responsible for payment for the missed match before you can participate in a future event. Cancellations prior to 48 hours before the match starts will not be responsible for match fees.

Match fee: $40
Registration is full

Round count is still being worked out and will be updated closer to the match, I am thinking 100-150 rounds. Shooters will begin check in at 8:00, following safety briefing match will begin, we should be able to run through it pretty quickly and I would expect to be done by 2:00-3:00.

Directions: From Westminster MD – Rt. 140 West to Mayberry Rd. Turn right on to
Mayberry Rd. follow for approx. 1.5 miles. Turn right at yellow sign for Mayberry Game Protective Association. Go past archery club and continue to game protective club.
From Taneytown MD – Rt. 140 East to Mayberry Rd. Turn left on to Mayberry Rd. follow for approx. 1.5 miles. Turn right at yellow sign for Mayberry Game Protective Association. Go past archery club and continue to game protective club.

Contact info: Mayberrymatches(at)gmail.com

Last edited:
Darn, this is my middle child's 5th b-day, so I'm unable to come.
Like the idea a lot. Hope it's done again in future.

I had a great time today and really appreciate the effort everyone put into planning and executing the match.

The only way I could have had a better time is if I hadn't had a major brain fart impacting three stages. I certainly learned some things.

Thanks for the match and the welcoming atmosphere.

Thank you to all the shooters that came out and shot today. I think it ran very smoothly and I hope everyone had a good time. You were a great group of guys and everyone did excellent and to the new shooters, you all performed well, I hope to see you at another one of our matches soon. I saw a few guys taking some photos, please post them. Thanks again, see you at the range soon.

Steve B. 697
Marc H. 658
Shawn O. 560
Karl T. 485
David L. 422
Chris R. 400
Ben D. 384
Bob K. 380
Keith H. 364
Brian H. 364
Todd S. 346
Steve H. 318