• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mclean Drs Sling

dcwillro

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2018
I just saw this advertised in the NRA magazine. I thought it looked kind of interesting.

Is anybody using these, and would they work for a bolt gun? I'm somewhat in the market for a good sling that isn't overly complicated.

All I've ever used are 1in leather slings with a single adjuster thing, and they have worked great for everything I needed, until I got my first precision rifle in December and found that they aren't very comfortable with a magazine and bipod and everything pointing out from the gun.

I've never seen that before. First impressions from the video they provide are not good.

What is it you want your sling to do?

I would like for it to keep it against me (in front, with backpack on back) like when I have a normal sling over my head and diagonally across my body. But still be able to shoulder the gun and be able to use it standing up or sitting down. Then staying fairly hands-free for while walking.

I like the idea of that Vorn Pack in another thread on here, but I'm left handed so it seems like it'd be a pain in the ass, and I'd prefer to have the gun in front of me.

Sling preference is as personal as everything else here, but there a several long standing, proven slings that will do what you want. VTAC (Viking Tactics) is probably the oldest, and still one of the best. Blueforce VCAS is another. SKD PIG is another, that also lets you shoot slung up extremely fast (personal bias towards this one, but I use all of them).

There are a bunch of variations on these themes as well.

How will you attach it to your gun? what gun?

I appreciate those suggestions, I'll look into them! It's a custom, McMillan A1-3 stock with sling studs. If I could find something I like that attaches to those that'd be great, but I imagine QD Mounts (are they called flush cups?) on the off side of the gun would be more comfortable.

Well, if the gun has studs at 6 o'clock, then you will either need to make due, which can be done just fine, though different than you would currently prefer, or you will have to have flush cups installed.

I carry a standard stud set up like you have quite a bit in the field, and find it still works quite well. African carry works well for short term convenience and speed of shot. For hands free use, over rough terrain or long hauls, I sling the gun muzzle down in front of me on my left side, sling strap cross body over over my right shoulder. Gun is of course upside down that way. Still pretty fast into action. You can also easily rotate it to your back or front for other needs temporarily.

I'll try that method. I almost had McMillan put flush cups on the side when I ordered it but decided not to at the last minute. Not sure why I changed my mind.

Thanks again for all your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

After much research and testing/duty use, I run a 2 point from BFG. Weapon control is controled by the end user not the sling. Way to much finger on trigger in the video.

I’m not really sure what I watched in that video. Or how it demonstrated the use of their slings other than being on a rifle. But one can’t tell what sling is on the rifle in the videos. So I tried to look at the DRS sling and from the pictures I still can’t tell what I’m looking at. But I can say it’s a sling and it will probably hold a rifle on your shoulder.

From my limited experience I will say that too many metal buckles don’t work well on a sling. The stiffness of the sling material comes in to play as well. I found the metal cam buckle on the VTAC sling caused it to swing too much when there was slack. Fine when it’s tightened all the way, though. I do like the Blue Force Gear with the nylon (plastic?) hardware. The sling material is thick and the plastic doesn’t provide enough inertia to make it flop.

They need more beards, more tattoos, more Operator as Fuck! to sell those.

For a simple patrol sling I'd save $10 and get the Blue Force padded Vickers.

If I wanted a sling for actually being slung for holds?

TAB or Mike Miller (TIS)

I just saw this advertised in the NRA magazine. I thought it looked kind of interesting.

Is anybody using these, and would they work for a bolt gun? I'm somewhat in the market for a good sling that isn't overly complicated.

All I've ever used are 1in leather slings with a single adjuster thing, and they have worked great for everything I needed, until I got my first precision rifle in December and found that they aren't very comfortable with a magazine and bipod and everything pointing out from the gun.

Good evening,
My name Is Amber Mclean, owner of McLean Corp USA! This single point is not your average single point sling.
Designed and operated by a soldier, this single point has a patented built-in retention system. No longer do you have to deal with your rifle swinging around and hitting you in the knees. Now you can use this single point as a dual point by comfortably retaining your rifle on your chest or down your back. With a patented quick release, go from a comfortable dual point retained position into a single point in less than a second .

check us out!
mcleancorpusa.com

I’m not really sure what I watched in that video. Or how it demonstrated the use of their slings other than being on a rifle. But one can’t tell what sling is on the rifle in the videos. So I tried to look at the DRS sling and from the pictures I still can’t tell what I’m looking at. But I can say it’s a sling and it will probably hold a rifle on your shoulder.

From my limited experience I will say that too many metal buckles don’t work well on a sling. The stiffness of the sling material comes in to play as well. I found the metal cam buckle on the VTAC sling caused it to swing too much when there was slack. Fine when it’s tightened all the way, though. I do like the Blue Force Gear with the nylon (plastic?) hardware. The sling material is thick and the plastic doesn’t provide enough inertia to make it flop.

They have a new video up on their site. Lol, they must have seen this forum about them.