• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing McMillan Flush Cups

bads1buell

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2013
I had a flush cup pull out of the butt stock and it took threads with it. What would be the best way to fix this issue because now the hole is slightly oversized. I have the threaded cups for reference.

Thanks

I would undercut the hole in the stock with a dremel tool, so that it has a taper

I would fill the hole with devcon, degrease the flushcup and press it in.

If you manage to pull that out you’re doing something wrong

Reactions: spife7980
so your saying to drill a few small holes in the bottom to give it something to attach to?

so your saying to drill a few small holes in the bottom to give it something to attach to?
That wouldnt hurt but I think he meant like this so that once the epoxy cures it cant slide out again without actually tearing through the stock material itself.
1537286450320.png

So cut the hole on an angle?
You’ve already got the hole there..... you don’t need to drill another hole or drill it any deeper.

Take a dremel tool with a fine bit....and make the base of the hole slightly wider..... but don’t make the mouth of the hole any bigger.

This will create a mechanical lock preventing the epoxy from pulling out