• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcmillan HTG Cheek-Weld height with 44mm(ish) scope

Shrubjr

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2013
I'm going to hang a Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18X44 on a rifle wearing an HTG.
Anyone got any photos of an HTG wearing a 40-44mm objective lens scope? Anyone got experience with a scope that size? How does that go for ya? Did you have to add height somehow?
Thanks!

Here's a GAP 308 with McMillan M40A1/HTG stock and a S&B 4-16x42 on it mounted in Seekins low rings. As you can see, if you could get lower rings you could mount it lower but these are lowest rings that Seekins makes. Also as you can see I use a Triad stock pack to raise the cheekpiece.
DSC_9233_3.jpg
DSC_9234_3.jpg

Thanks for the reply!
I was really hoping to get by without a cheek pad, guess we'll see what happens. I'm gonna use ARC X-low rings and it'll be on a Defiance Deviant.

Here is an Win M70. After this pic was taken, I went to a standard set of low Leupold DD rings that cured the problem you are anticipating, but did prefer the additional 20 MOA adjustment the rail provided so it is back to this configuration with a Triad Stock pack that is working just fine.

35637724861_cb9bd12dba_b_d.jpg

35637725461_fa959ef873_b_d.jpg

Your issue will be scope ring height if using a 34mm tube. The lowest rings made are APA at .856” (iirc). With a 30mm tube you will be able to get it lower as there are rings around .8” or so. No matter what, unless you have big fat cheeks, you will likely need a bit of boost on the cheek piece.

Thanks for the replies guys. That is kind of a bummer, I was hoping not to have to figure a way to add height. I guess we'll just have to see how it all mates up. I have a pretty cool idea for adding some height that I haven't seen before, so maybe I'll have to explore that. Maybe I'll get lucky though. Thanks for the help!