• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

McMillan Hunters Edge Stock Question

Jethro80

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2011
North Texas
I'm sure I could make a phone call to answer this question but it's after hours and I know someone here probably knows the answer to my question.

I have a Browning X Bolt that I'm considering putting a different stock on. Does McMillan inlet the Hunters edge stock for my action and a sportier barrel profile?

Thanks

Re: McMillan Hunters Edge Stock Question

False, The new Browning X-Bolt rifles do not fit properly into any of our current stock designs and we do not inlet for or provide any stocks for these rifles.
A new mold for a stock design is about $3000 to $4000. If we would make a stock design for the X-bolt what type of stock would we make? A classic hunting stock design, sako Hunter type design, a varmint stock, a special version of all of our tactical stocks, etc. It would take a lot of options to keep everybody happy and at $3500 apiece this could add up to a lot of money to invest in designs for a rifle that we only get about one request a month for a stock for.
I'm afraid we have to wait a few years until there are enough of these in the market place to justify the investment in molds for them.

Re: McMillan Hunters Edge Stock Question

Okay go to game plan 2.

Order a flat top model and send to Chad Dixon and have him inlet and bed the barrel action for you.