• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan lead time

Cat64

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2013
North Louisiana
I am wondering what is the current lead time for a McMillan stock. I ordered an A4 at the beginning of May and I am just curios when I might expect to receive my stock. Thanks

Went on the new McMillan site....looked at in stock inventory for the A4 and they happened to have 1 USMC Spec A4 for $850. Ordered it and had it within a week. Lucky for once I guess?

I had one on order since Feb. Ill be lucky to see it this year. I don't even think about it.

Wow. That is a long time. Way past the promised 6 mo. Did you contact them? Did they offer any justification/reason?

No I haven't contacted them. It's is an a5 with a heavy fill for a 338lm build. To be honest, I have so many other projects that keep me busy that I don't even worry about it.

Went on the new McMillan site....looked at in stock inventory for the A4 and they happened to have 1 USMC Spec A4 for $850. Ordered it and had it within a week. Lucky for once I guess?
Is it worth it? Are you pleased with it? I would be upset to wait so long and then not like the finished product.

Does McMillan make you put a down payment or pay up front when you order from them? I was planning on putting in an order around Christmas time but if they don't charge upfront I might put it in earlier.
I know places like Stocky's and Bugholes.com have them in stock but with the hefty military discount from McMillan I can wait ?

I owned an A4 about 6 years ago and own an A5 that my savage sits in so I knew what I was getting. I do love them though, very solid and palm swell is perfect for my hands. I had a manners T4 and while just as good as the mcmillan but the palm swell was larger than I would have liked. Ive been told the T2 is less swell than a T4 and a T6 has less swell than a T2 and is very similar to mcmillans swell. Other than that you will love either stock.

My buddy is a few weeks from the year mark on an edge. Pretty ridiculous. "2 weeks" is their answer every month that goes by. So good luck

Does McMillan make you put a down payment or pay up front when you order from them? I was planning on putting in an order around Christmas time but if they don't charge upfront I might put it in earlier.
I know places like Stocky's and Bugholes.com have them in stock but with the hefty military discount from McMillan I can wait
Go ahead and get a head start. No down payment required. Just call them with all the info handy as to what exact action and barrel manufacturer/contour you have.

That's crazy! Ordered one in March and have a due date of October. Biding my time.
Due date....tell me about it. All I got at exact two months after ordering was an email confirming the exact detail of what I have ordered initially. Do you get another message with a due date? Just curious. Thank you.

Due date....tell me about it. All I got at exact two months after ordering was an email confirming the exact detail of what I have ordered initially. Do you get another message with a due date? Just curious. Thank you.

Exactly my experience. Couple years ago, i would have had my stock in the time I placed my order and the time I got my confirmation email. No exaggeration

Just a funny note:

I am a bachelor (after 40 years, you go from "being single" to a "bachelor") and I do what I want to an extent. Just to clarify, I am a boring bachelor and don't drink, do drugs or womanize. But I do put stuff where I want and sometimes forget about it. Couple days ago I was cleaning and found a new A3 with adjustable lop I forgot I had.

yay, me!

When you receive a McM stock for your specific action, will the stock come ready to drop in your action, or do you need some gunsmithing work done to fit them? Bedding aside...

When you receive a McM stock for your specific action, will the stock come ready to drop in your action, or do you need some gunsmithing work done to fit them? Bedding aside...

If you ordered it as a complete drop in ( CDI ), it is slightly more cost but should fit right in ( or just some very minor fitting ).

Is an exact drop in. All YOU hvae to do is to put your action in and tightnen those screws (at least this is what they assured me over the phone). That is if you are buying directly from the McMillans. They ask a million questions of you to make sure they will cut your stock for your particular needs. That being said I think that they have somewhat some guidlines as to what action/barrel combo they can build a stock for.

Ordered one in November, just got it. You are looking at a solid 8 months.

Ordered September 7th and still haven't received my game scout. Last contact I had was beginning of June when they said '4 more weeks'.

Well if [MENTION=16989]Bugholes[/MENTION] is saying about 7mos then there goes my suggestion. I typically steer people there when they're hunting a McMillan.

I did the same with an A5 with full sniper bedding and alloy blocks. Cost $1000AUD and should be here soon. Bought it Monday and I'm excited :)

Update to my order: I was just notified my gamescout is ready to ship. Just shy of 11 months.

Glad for you. People from McMillan are easy to deal with and I am sure they are working hard trying to accommodate everyone's order. Well, I hope I will not have to wait too long. Thank you to all who answered.

McMillan has a lot of options, but fortunately they aren't the only game in town. I'm trying Manners next time.

Ordered my last GameScout, the 2nd week of December. Showed up 6 months later, almost to the day.
I see McMillan now has a Retail Store, with "in stock" inventory of many generic inlets & colors...

I just ordered my 6th McM and 3rd A4 from Justin at McMillan. Dealing with the company was very easy and I had an overall great experience. I used to order my McM stocks from JW Precision back in the day. Typical turnaround time was usually between 4-6 months back then. I won't be getting my barreled action done for this rifle until the beginning of next year anyway, so a 6-7 month wait is just fine for me. However, I can see the need/want to get one's hands on something sooner too.

We order McMillan stocks multiple times a year and the wait is roughly 6-8 months.

If you aren't looking for a very specific configuration you could order one that is in stock at Stocky's. I haven't tried yet myself but I was thinking about ordering either an A4 or A5 from there...haven't made up my mind which though.

I get to start my wait over again. I had ordered a black marbled stock, I started thinking I made a mistake on the colors. Justin sent me a pic of the stock and I couldn't make myself like it. So I canceled that stock and ordered the same stock in GAP camo today. He said Jan\Feb of next year before it would be ready. I'm ok with the wait time, it was my fault for the delay and I have a build finishing up now so I won't need that rifle before next summer.

If anyone is looking for a Black Marble A5 inletted for a Bighorn action\Surgeon DBM hit me up. I can send pics of the stock and put you in touch with Justin. It might save you 4 months wait time.

I ordered my A-5 in January and was told last week it was in finishing and should ship later this week.

*Update*

- Ordered an A4 on 7-22-2014. Received confirmation e-mail today (8-4-2014). Estimated time form McM = 6 months. We will see.

I ordered two 12/5/13

Arrived last week .....
Well worth the wait time..... I'll post my gap camo stocks for ruger 77/22 & 77/17 soon enough