• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

McMillan Tactical .338 Quality and Reputation

SilentX

Private
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2009
Researching .338 Lapua builds and have not been able to find info on McMillan Tactical reputation versus GA Precision versus AI AW.338.

Not trying to start flame wars, I'd just like to know where McMillan Tactical falls on the continuum of good-to-great weapon builders and their .338LM weapons.

Thanks,

Re: McMillan Tactical .338 Quality and Reputation

I have no negative information on any of them as they are all Top Tier builders, however there is a McMillan 338 for sale in the Rifles For Sale Section.
It is a hell of a shooter, and built at McMillan. The original and current owner is Mark Spicer.

I have dealt with a few McMillan rifles and I can assure you they are top notch. Another plus is their customer service. I think they still have the special going on where if you buy there rifle you get a free training course. You just pay for travel and boarding.

Gents,

Thank you, I appreciate the guidance.