• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mcree grip

lkessler

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2012
Clear Spring,MD
I have a Mcree, and don't care for the grip. If you have the same system and changed your grip, I would like some input. Pics and spec help greatly.

I have a BCM Gunfighters grip mod 0 on my new Mcree.

I've been using the Sierra Precision grip from Sinclair Int'l on my ARs (and my McRee) for years... its generally bigger all around than most AR grips, with an additional surface that tends to push your trigger finger out just enough that the pad falls right on the trigger shoe right as you grab on.

We built one of these that used a MOE grip, the polymer one. It then had the grip cut down and stippled to be seamless with the new style mcree chassis grip area. Super smooth and felt great. Lemme see if I can find some pics:

2012-08-30.jpg

2012-09-08.jpg

Duke,

I am still experimenting but so far I like it. My chassis is the carbine folder with a AR stock. The BCM grip is more vertical than a A2. I intend to try a MOE-K and umbrella corp grip. Truth be told the A2 grip wasn't bad. Like I said, experimenting.

I just got the chassis back from hydro dip, I'll post a pic or two when I get a chance.

Last edited:
I swapped mine out with a BCM Gunfighter mod 0 grip. The original A2 grip cocked my wrist un-naturally, and the BCM is a little more vertical. Now it is a very comfortable platform to shoot from.

Mike

PB220002.jpg

Duke,

I am still experimenting but so far I like it. My chassis is the carbine folder with a AR stock. The BCM grip is more vertical than a A2. I intend to try a MOE-K and umbrella corp grip. Truth be told the A2 grip wasn't bad. Like I said, experimenting.

I just got the chassis back from hydro dip, I'll post a pic or two when I get a chance.

I have an FDE one I really like. I plan on ordering a McRee chassis very shortly and I'll test out the BCM on it.

I swapped mine out with a BCM Gunfighter mod 0 grip. The original A2 grip cocked my wrist un-naturally, and the BCM is a little more vertical. Now it is a very comfortable platform to shoot from.

Mike

View attachment 6852

I like that. That looks good!

Has anyone tried the Sierra Precision grip?
AR-15/M16 SPR PISTOL GRIP | Brownells

Yeah... I'd mentioned it a few posts back.

That said... think I just had a change of heart on that one. I'd forgotten that on my 'old' (gen 2) McRee non-folder which is used on a 6 Dasher F-Open gun (so almost no recoil, and shot with a fairly light grip) there is a noticeable gap between the SPR grip and the chassis - basically the SPR is designed to suck up around the backend of an AR15 lower, not the more or less flat bottom of a McRee chassis. In and of itself, that wouldn't be a deal stopper - it felt great, just looked a little off.

Just got a Gen 5 TMAG folder in today, and took the grip off that it came with and stuck one of my SPRs on it. Turns out that the ridge for the thumb rest puts the second knuckle of my thumb hard up against the hinge of the folding stock. If I ground on the grip to get it fitted to where there was no longer a gap between the grip and the stock, there would no longer be any room at all for my thumb. :(

Guess now I have to look at the other options listed here in this thread. Granted, this gun is (currently) a 6.5 CM that fully kitted out (bipod, scope, sling, etc.) weighs the better part of 19 lbs... so between that and a brake/can recoil is *not* an issue, and I think my thumb would be safe ;) But if it gets lightened up and switched over to anything with more kick... ouchy.

HTH,

Monte