• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McRee MP-MODSS or Accuracy International

Ed Jacovino

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2008
CT
I'm interested in a folding stock for a Remington 700.
I have narrowed it down to the
McRee MP-MODSS, or Accurracy International 2.0
Any thoughts?

Re: McRee MP-MODSS or Accuracy International

I had a AICS and liked it just fine.

I have a McRee on order. It should be here next week. I'll let you know then.

The main reason I chose the McRee this time was value. It looks like you get more for your money.

the McRee is lighter, cheaper, more adjustable, has more options, and is american made. I would be getting one for my next build if it was made for a badger M2008, but since it is not, I'm going with the 2.0.

Get the McRee. It is built like a tank, modular, easy to swap or replace, and built in the US.
Excellent customer service, and life time dependability!
You cannot go wrong with McRee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: runngun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the McRee is lighter, cheaper, more adjustable, has more options, and is american made. I would be getting one for my next build if it was made for a badger M2008, but since it is not, I'm going with the 2.0. </div></div>
what they said...more for your money, all the versatility or adjustability you could want for a lot less. I love mine.

Quick question on the Mcree. IS the pistol grip interchangable??

I just got my Mcree and am very pleased with the quality. Was surprised with the small box that it showed up in.

Seirra301,

I noticed in your profile your LEO. I am planning to be in Conneticut the first week of October for the North American Police Sniper Summit for McRees Precision. Lots of interest in McRees Stocks from several agencies in that area that I been dealing with. Are you anywhere near that?

Thanks

An added bonus... Scott from McRees is a regular here on the Hide. I have had two phone conversations with him and he is a stellar guy. I got the McRees and haven't looked back.

Everything runngun said. Plus McRee is a great company. I bought a used Rem700 stock only to find out it doesn't fit my GA Templar action. Called McRee to find out whats up and he agreed to send me the correct center section at no charge. Awesome service!

Later, I just ordered one, and will be at the summit. I'll send you a pm.

man, im torn. I cant decide if I want to go with a mcm A5 or a Mcree on my new project

I have both. They are both solid products. The Mcree's is a better value and more versatile. You can swap out the front section to a 3" benchrest front for F-class or varmint shooting. You can swap the rear section from a tactical folder to a bag riding benchrest style and on and on. I have the Hogue AR15 grip on my two. Billet Arms carries them also.
As Chris S. stated Scott is a stand up guy. Very big in customer service. Just my .02 .

Call Scott Mcree direct or PM Later on this site to get a stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ejd049</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the wieght on the McRee?</div></div>

A folding stock with Tmag system and normal length front section for M700 and clone footprints weighs about 4.5lbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McRee's website seems to be down, can I only order through his website?</div></div>

You can order from McRees and/or now you can order from me at this link http://www.longrangeresearchcenter.com/catalog.html.

Thanks

WOW freakin' $1400 for that similar stock!
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McRee's website seems to be down, can I only order through his website? </div></div>

You can order it here as well. http://www.billetarms.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McRee's website seems to be down, can I only order through his website? </div></div>

I just talked to Scott about 5 minutes ago, he is back up and running after some technical difficulties (electric company dragging their feet I think). The new shop # is 573-637-2000. I'm sure he would be glad to take your order.

Bob

Later,

It looks like the summit will be taking place in Harvard, MA. Do you know if civilians can stop by, as I would love to try the stock.

Well the UPS man arrived today.
laugh.gif
It took me all of 5 min to put the barreled action in. Very nice.

The action is a Rem700 in 243win, Varmint contour. Weight w/o scope, rings or magazine is 12 pounds on the nose.

I am hoping to shoot 3 gun on Sunday and if so will take it out for a spin.

I'm also trying to decide between the McRees and the TacMod. I prefer the TacMod but obviously there's something to be said for being able to get 2 McRees for the same price...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daltexmex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just talked to scott a few minutes ago. i am interested in one of these. but i would love to put my hands on one first before i made a jump. </div></div>

I fingered them at SHOT and talked to Scott for a while. Go ahead and order it - if you hate it then flip it here in the for sale section. Most likely you won't need to. There is a lot to like about them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M4guru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm also trying to decide between the McRees and the TacMod. I prefer the TacMod but obviously there's something to be said for being able to get 2 McRees for the same price... </div></div>

Or split the difference and go for the Ashbury…..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M4guru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm also trying to decide between the McRees and the TacMod. I prefer the TacMod but obviously there's something to be said for being able to get 2 McRees for the same price... </div></div>

Or split the difference and go for the Ashbury….. </div></div>

do you have any picks of the "Ashbury"

I just got my JP Chassis System in today and I have to say that I am very impressed. Not only is it built well but it is very light. I will post pics shortly. I would recommend this over an AICS based on weight and ergonomics alone. I have never owned or use an McRee so I cant help you there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LongArm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

do you have any picks of the "Ashbury" </div></div>

here it is http://www.ashburyintlgroup.com/tacticalsystems/saber/Saber-FORSST.htm

PP out
</div></div>

how much is that?

I know it is a bit off topic, but I recall seeing someone selling the McRee's stocks but in a barrel mounted version with a barrel block. I can't find the site now. Anyone know who is selling that version? Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: an1913t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know it is a bit off topic, but I recall seeing someone selling the McRee's stocks but in a barrel mounted version with a barrel block. I can't find the site now. Anyone know who is selling that version? Thanks.</div></div>

he sold it. i was debating should i have bought it myself.

I'm trying to decide on a new stock for my 700 as well. I'm leaning towards the AICS, the McRee does not look very comfortable.

After reading this thread I think the next stock I will buy is going to be a McRee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there anywhere to get mags for the McRee that dont cost $90?</div></div>

It uses AI mags so the answer to your question is... not likely.
smile.gif

I vote mcree but it fits me others may feel like other brands I think its really up to the shooter whats right for him

I also am looking for M 14 stock folder would be nice does mcree offer one for the springfield M1A ? I liked the other stocks listed but not the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there anywhere to get mags for the McRee that dont cost $90?</div></div>

http://72.17.147.19/accintlsrt/ACCPRICING.htm

$64.40 for 5rd .308 magazine
$77.28 for 10rd .308 magazine

We've got them in stock and ready to ship.