• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT AICS 308 Metal Magazine Review

Fed 12 rounds flawlessly out of my MDT magazine into my Tikka action this AM. Ran 50 rounds through the magazine with no hiccups whatsoever. New follower seems to work fine although I still want to tweak it a bit to see if I can't squeeze 13 rounds into the magazine. It's still a work in progress, but I hope to have a set of STL files for the follower and spacer sorted out in the next couple of weeks for those who can print their own.

I don't want to sound like a dick, but I have no intention of competing with the commercial interests out there so please don't ask me to print one for you (that and I'm in Canada, so postage is ridiculous).

Reactions: SpeedyR
I am in the process of getting a 6 Dasher together. Kelbly’s Atlas Tac action in an MPA. First 10 rounds through my MDT 12 round mag worked well as long as I had the rounds pushed forward. I am on the verge of trying to print a spacer and reconfigure the spring.... or maybe there is a better option than the primal rights kit? FYI my MDT is w/o binder plate.

The Primal Rights kit did not work for me. I cannibalized it to make my own follower that does work. I THINK the Patriot Valley kits may work, but I have never seen one much less tried it.

MDT is also reported to be working on something, @MDT_Josh can maybe update and/or give a clearer answer on what works at the moment.

Just an update for the BR/Dasher folk out there. I had a Primal Rights kit that I tried to get to work in the MDT magazine and it just wouldn't work consistently with Dasher and either the kit or the original MDT follower. Lots of nosedives due to the followers flopping around.

Finally broke down and got a 3D printer on Black Friday and managed to make a new follower that uses the Primal Rights flat spring and has long anti-tilt legs on the front and back. Here's what the model looks like:

View attachment 6985033

Running the Tikka action I can fit 12 rounds in the mag and they seem to function very well. Will give it a real go this weekend.

Interesting. Great initiative!

I wonder if an anti-tilt follower for a .223 AICS mag could be made....while the existing follower worked fine for .223, my .20 Tactical rounds kept nose diving due to it not having anti-tilt legs on the follower. Hmmm....

Just an update for the BR/Dasher folk out there. I had a Primal Rights kit that I tried to get to work in the MDT magazine and it just wouldn't work consistently with Dasher and either the kit or the original MDT follower. Lots of nosedives due to the followers flopping around.

Finally broke down and got a 3D printer on Black Friday and managed to make a new follower that uses the Primal Rights flat spring and has long anti-tilt legs on the front and back. Here's what the model looks like:

View attachment 6985033

Running the Tikka action I can fit 12 rounds in the mag and they seem to function very well. Will give it a real go this weekend.
How did it work out?

How did it work out?
I was able to get it to work very reliably with my printed follower. Essentially the internal profile of the MDT mag was slightly different than the Primal Rights one and the addition of anti-tilt features seemed to help a lot with nosediving.

I was able to get it to work very reliably with my printed follower. Essentially the internal profile of the MDT mag was slightly different than the Primal Rights one and the addition of anti-tilt features seemed to help a lot with nosediving.

Are you using the MDT springs or are they from the primal kits?

Moving over to one of the br variants. Has anybody tried these with the Patriot Valley kit?

My MDT 10rd mag had issues with not picking up the last 3-4 rounds when it’s new, then I played with the feed lips a little bit, now it feeds smooth and reliable with my Curtis vector seating on a KRG bravo chassis. I can fit 11rds with my MDT 10rd mag lol, with 11rds loaded just the first round pushes a little rough.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Shot a match Saturday with the 12rd (6creed). No issues at all. It's as smooth as my metal AI mag with ~5k on it. Having a Bra spun up this week will report back about the br feeding.

Bought a couple of the 12-round mags. These are abit loose in the bottom metal as compared to an AICS mag. Seem to lock up, but lots of rattle. Is this unique or just me?

Last edited:
Bought a couple of the 12-round mags. These are ab it loose in the bottom metal as compared to an AICS mag. Seem to lock up, but lots of rattle. Is this unique or just me?

I haven't experienced this with my 4 in my MDT ACC or MPA BA Comp chassis...

Shot a match Saturday with the 12rd (6creed). No issues at all. It's as smooth as my metal AI mag with ~5k on it. Having a Bra spun up this week will report back about the br feeding.

I also have a 6mmBR being spun up and was talking to MDT this week. These mags will work but you have to push the rounds forward to feed properly..... They sent me their prototype new 12rd 6mmBR/Dasher mags to test so stay tuned as they have new mags for the stubby little calibers in the works!!

Bought a couple of the 12-round mags. These are ab it loose in the bottom metal as compared to an AICS mag. Seem to lock up, but lots of rattle. Is this unique or just me?

I get a lot of side to side wiggle with mine.

I also have a 6mmBR being spun up and was talking to MDT this week. These mags will work but you have to push the rounds forward to feed properly..... They sent me their prototype new 12rd 6mmBR/Dasher mags to test so stay tuned as they have new mags for the stubby little calibers in the works!!
Interested to see how they work. If they are perfect I would rather spend 80 bucks on something guaranteed to work vs 40 for an adapter kit to a normal aics that could still potentially have problems.

Reactions: MDT_Josh and padom
To clarify, the front width of all of our magazines is *slightly* narrower than a true AI, but it can be magnified by the stock or chassis that you put it in. All mating components will have tolerances, so there is a distinct possibility that you may have a magazine that is on the narrower end of tolerance and a magazine well that is on the wider end of tolerance :)

Thanks Josh. So far, with my limited use they are working fine. Just have some rattle. Don’t use them to hunt so no issues as of now. If there are any in futur, I know how to find you - but all my MDT products have been good thus far.

I do have side to side wiggle in mine as well. When I loaded mine with only 5rds of 6.5cm it wiggles a lot, but if I load it with 10rds it dosent wiggle much, I think the side of the mag expands a little when you put more rounds in it due to its a double stack design.

We should have them available for you in the next 2-4 weeks!

I bought 2-12 and 2-10 round magazines from you for BR builds a few months ago, wish I would have waited. I have not used any of them, my barrel and action just went to the smith this week. Any way I can swap these for the BR mags?

I bought 2-12 and 2-10 round magazines from you for BR builds a few months ago, wish I would have waited. I have not used any of them, my barrel and action just went to the smith this week. Any way I can swap these for the BR mags?
Same boat, I thought about asking the same thing.

Any word on the br mags?

I want to put in an order for a BR 12rd.

We're just finishing up testing to ensure that they run in all different types of actions with a lot of the BR variants and maybe the Valkyrie (?) ;) Should be able to order from the site soon-ish.

Any word on the br mags?

Still working on them and testing! I ran my two in a match on Saturday and they were awesome (obvious bias).

We're just finishing up testing to ensure that they run in all different types of actions with a lot of the BR variants and maybe the Valkyrie (?) ;) Should be able to order from the site soon-ish.

Still working on them and testing! I ran my two in a match on Saturday and they were awesome (obvious bias).

I have an MPA and Curtis Vector chambered in Dasher. If I could help with testing, let me know.

Could you remind let me know the new magazine 10 rd, which will fit 6br in stock?
Can't wait to get one

The new magazine will be 12 round (it uses the same magazine body as our 12 round 308/6.5 CM magazine) and we are hoping to have them on the shelves in 4-8 weeks, depending on production :)

@JWG284 I appreciate the offer, but all of our beta test samples are already out there.

Reactions: radonkun and ZY100

Just a spacer and a new follower for the existing mags? Or are there other changes?
If a spacer and follower will they be available separately?
Thanks for the info. I've been really impressed by the 12rd with my 6creed.
Any pics?

Just a spacer and a new follower for the existing mags? Or are there other changes?
If a spacer and follower will they be available separately?
Thanks for the info. I've been really impressed by the 12rd with my 6creed.
Any pics?
It'll be a spacer, spring and follower upgrade much like you would get from PR or PVA. No functional changes to the magazine body.
Not sure if we'll sell them separately yet to be honest. If there is enough demand maybe?
I am happy to hear that the mags are working out for you and all signs are looking positive so far with the 6BR prototypes! No real pics to share just yet, but soon :)

I just got the 12 round mag last week. Ran it in a PRS match over the weekend. I discovered after the match when trying to take it apart to clean it, the floor plate was on REALLY hard. I could barely budge it. I have yet to fully take it off. Is this normal? I thought it should slide off with only a little effort.

If they are priced cheaper than primal rights and in stock unlike pva then I imagine you will have the entire market share to yourself. I would buy one or two.

Fair enough and it will just depend on how we make them. Hope to have more details soon!

I just got the 12 round mag last week. Ran it in a PRS match over the weekend. I discovered after the match when trying to take it apart to clean it, the floor plate was on REALLY hard. I could barely budge it. I have yet to fully take it off. Is this normal? I thought it should slide off with only a little effort.

Yeah, so unfortunately on one of the newest runs of our 10/12 round magazines, they came out a little on the higher end of tolerance, which makes the assembly/disassembly harder. I am using two of those on my 6BR mags now and I know your pain. If you'd like to make them easier to take apart, you just need to remove a little material off the base plate :)

Reactions: Off Duty Ninja
Any new word on the mag kits for BR variants? Debating on ordering a Primal Rights one this week or waiting for MDT to come out with theirs.

Any new word on the mag kits for BR variants? Debating on ordering a Primal Rights one this week or waiting for MDT to come out with theirs.

Still working with beta testers. We have had some unexpected results with certain styles of actions and are just working out the kinks. If you're in need of a magazine quick, we will not have these available for the next month if not more.

Reactions: High Desert duck