• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT chassis system

mikeb11

Private
Minuteman
May 25, 2011
Utah
i just bought this MDT chassis and was wondering if anyone has used one or knows anything about them.. any input would be awesome.

Re: MDT chassis system

Shouldn't you have asked BEFORE you bought it..? haha You're the one who has the chassis, why don't you share for us YOU'RE input about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pdogsbeware</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shouldn't you have asked BEFORE you bought it..? haha You're the one who has the chassis, why don't you share for us YOU'RE input about it. </div></div>

Well stated

i did try to get some info on it and most of the hide guys i talked to hadn't had any experience with it.. so i just decided to order it and continue to search opinions. can always send it back.. but i will let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully it can hang with my dads rifle, thats all i want... lol

should be here by the end of the week. will get barrell chambered probably next week... so give me about a month.. been working long hrs so pretty much weekends to work the load

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikeb11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just bought this MDT chassis and was wondering if anyone has used one or knows anything about them.. any input would be awesome. </div></div>

http://forum.ipsc.org.ua/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6841

I used one for awhile with a 223 barreled action. Everything locked up tight, worked like every other chassis ive used. The draw backs of the system are you have to remove the trigger houseing to install it so its not a drop in, and the safty opening was a bit tight on mine.

well i got the chassis and magpul parts on friday and holy crap it looks awesome. now hopefully it will shoot awesome too. I have high expectations for it, so we will see. Im getting super excited

should hopefully be done soon... gunsmith is busy and said possibly by thanksgiving.. will post some pics asap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikeb11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just bought this MDT chassis and was wondering if anyone has used one or knows anything about them.. any input would be awesome. </div></div>
mikeb11,
you need to choose the correct trigger.
P.S.
I found that
problem in setting the trigger - 100% related to the safety lever Jewell Trigger Number JT-01 Model HVRTSBR-A.

The problem is this, - the X-Mark Pro Trigger safety lever slightly larger (longer) and the lever itself is rejected by 15% -20% degrees to the right of the main stem lever safety.
When you need to set the security on the F / S perform silent dilatory motion lever arm over and working at 100%, or triggers, which are based on a 100% identification of the levers of Remington (X-Mark Pro Trigger),-such as Hubert Trigger should work, given that it is necessary to make this manipulation with the lever trigger, that is a bit ottyagivatot itself when the system is F / S. Do triggers that have short arms and no security characteristic features Remington trigger (lever declined by 15% -20% of degrees in law from the main stem lever safety) like Timney, Jewel, CG X-Treme Mod 22 trigger-task complicated by the ability to produce this manipulation, arm-in these triggers, just straight and the load lever is a little different from the load produced by the lever safety X-Mark Pro Trigger.

PB160007-1.jpg

PB160009-1.jpg

PB160010-1.jpg

i like that folder.. i just went with the normal magpul adjustable, still waiting though. ty kristian on the info with the trigger, i will relay to my smith. i was planning on just using a factory rem trigger i guess i need to look into it more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mikeb11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i like that folder.. i just went with the normal magpul adjustable, still waiting though. ty kristian on the info with the trigger, i will relay to my smith. i was planning on just using a factory rem trigger i guess i need to look into it more. </div></div>

Hi.
To install the trigger of Timney, Jewel, CG X-Treme Mod 22 trigger necessary improvements fit mine safety lever trigger.
Remington triggers (X-Mark Pro Trigger) and HUBER Trigger installs and runs with no problems.
"i like that folder"- http://www.lawtactical.com/category_s/1818.htm

hopefully have some pics up by xmas. should be completed by then..

got my gun back gonna wait til the bolt knob is on before i post pics... looks sweet so far though

Would you terribly mind taking a picture with the forearm off? I´m curious and would love to see how does the recoil lug sits in regard of that mid-section; it seems from the pictures the lug area has some negative cant actually, does the recoil lug really rest against the edge only?

sorry lukas i will try to get some pics up this week for you with out it on

Trigger Time Gun Club here in CO uses a MDT Chassis for a rental rifle and during each Monthly Precision Rifle Class there is someone using this system.

They are excellent for upgrading your standard Remington 700, and it adds a good bit of versatility for the shooter.

At SHOT I paid a visit to them and picked up one of their 3 way adjustable butt plates, which I think is a great addition to the stocks used. By adding this adjustment to the rifle, the shooter can set the rifle up to them and maintain and /or improve consistency.

These are a great option for people, especially those looking to upgrade their factory Remington.

my gun is pretty much just the action i built it for long range comps hopefully i will be competitive.. here is a pic finally.
mikecell237_zps52967eb1.jpg

my gun is pretty much just the action i built it for long range comps hopefully i will be competitive.. here is a pic finally.
mikecell237_zps52967eb1.jpg
Great view.
P.S.
If you want to change the trigger,
Your only trigger from John HUBER.

Last edited:
thanks i will definatly look into it.. pull is pretty rough lol

Yes, I know the problems.
Two-stage trigger John Huber solves these problems after installation, you actually have something better to
than trigger Jewel.