• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mdt customer service?

yoteduster

Private
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2011
TN
I'm sure there have been a lot of you with interaction with MDT, how has the customer service been? Fairly sure of their product but the customer service is very lacking in my recent experience. I ordered during their Black Friday sale so I get possible shipping delays (although you'd think that would be planned for). Also I now see they are moving to Idaho. Good job...getting out of WA, but probably not a good time to delay all your Black Friday orders that are already delayed...but i digress. Just curious what everyone else's experience has been when ordering from MDT, quality customer service or lacking?

Last edited:
It's been fantastic, and @MDT_Josh is around here a lot and is quite helpful from what I've seen.

Sounds like you're just itching to get your BF sale order though.
Ok, that was kinda my expectation. Thus my surprise when I have received no communication from an order I placed on the 24th of November. Did you get confirmation emails of your orders, etc?

And yes that I am, itching...i just expected some communication. I've received zero, no order confirmation or anything. Just seemed odd.

MDT is a Canadian company so it'd be smart for them to relocate all their Canadian presence to Idaho.
Right, but the US office was in Washington state I believe. I assume that is what they were moving.

**Just read all your post..and agree. But if you cant be USA company, Canada is likely a close second. 😁

Reactions: MDT_Josh
It.s been great. Ordered BF sale stuff a couple of years ago and got it in January as it was communicated at the time of sale. I prefer to support small companies doing cool stuff and understand they may not have the resources to provide instant communication. I know shipping was going to take time up front so no issues. I did order a wrong item and they got that corrected quickly even though it was totally on me.

Reactions: yoteduster
It.s been great. Ordered BF sale stuff a couple of years ago and got it in January as it was communicated at the time of sale. I prefer to support small companies doing cool stuff and understand they may not have the resources to provide instant communication. I know shipping was going to take time up front so no issues. I did order a wrong item and they got that corrected quickly even though it was totally on me.
I expected some wait for arrival, so that is cool. Just the 'no communication' was odd. Ordered some mags the next day to go with the chassis and they came in about a week. But again, no communication(order confirmation, shipping, nothing) struck me as odd and wanted to check experiences to make sure I hadn't been duped into some internet fraud etc. Thanks for the response.

I expected some wait for arrival, so that is cool. Just the 'no communication' was odd. Ordered some mags the next day to go with the chassis and they came in about a week. But again, no communication(order confirmation, shipping, nothing) struck me as odd and wanted to check experiences to make sure I hadn't been duped into some internet fraud etc. Thanks for the response.
Canadians are quiet people.

MDT has been great for me. I received an HNT26 chassis which had the wrong action screws for my receiver. the nice lady on the phone took my information and got me the screws super quick with no drama and no charge.

You said you didn’t receive any order confirmation email, then I would call if I were you. Make sure you have where your card was charged. I’ve had to call MDT a couple of times in the past and the customer service has been exceptional.
I didn’t order anything this past Black Friday but did the two previous years and they always had a disclaimer that shipping on items for their BF sale wouldn’t ship till sometime in January.

Did you email them? Or just sit in a corner wait for someone to read your mind?

They had a great Christmas card this past year.
Yeah, want to say I got two cards and ive made their email lists. But nothing pertaining to either order. I have messaged through their site and emailed from the site. Been proactive but also don't want to be that guy. May give them a call if I don't hear or see something in another week or so.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll update when something changes.

My black friday chassis showed up yesterday.......but in regards to their customer service, it's better than excellent. They are a cut above everyone else from my dealings with them.

The order confirmation email should be automated.

Did your credit card get charged?

Without a confirmation of the order I wouldn't be expecting one. Not fraud, but massive traffic may have caused the order to not go through on their end.

You did save any confirmation numbers?

Without a credit card charge and confirmation you'd have a hard time proving you actually ever had an order.

I've been patiently waiting on my BF order. Granted, it was only an Oryx, but they charged the card immediately and a month goes by with no comms. I get it, they're busy. So I wait a week longer and call, had to leave a message. Someone calls me back a couple days later and says it'll ship on the 8th.
Cool, no big hurry.
But,,, still not shipped and still no comms.
At least with my XLR magnesium order, they were up front about how long it was going to take.
I'd sure like to finally be able to give my daughter her Christmas present. At this rate, it might be here for her birthday.

Their CS has been great for me. I had missing washers for my ACC elite chassis, got them in the mail 2 weeks later.

I don't know about MDT, but I have noticed lately that a lot of companies have bad notification systems. They probably uses some cloud based services and some of them have technical issues, especially regarding email delivery. They are not setup properly and the shipping notifications or customer communication are simply ending up in your spam or not received at all.

Could also be related to the way they manage their stock and their orders. As everything is tight nowadays, a single missing item can hold a whole order for weeks or even months. Sometimes, I wish these small companies take more time and effort to have a reliable IT / order system.

Got a reply today from email stating that shipping would resume for the US orders on the 15th. So estimated shipping at 1 to 3 weeks now.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
The order confirmation email should be automated.

Did your credit card get charged?

Without a confirmation of the order I wouldn't be expecting one. Not fraud, but massive traffic may have caused the order to not go through on their end.

You did save any confirmation numbers?

Without a credit card charge and confirmation you'd have a hard time proving you actually ever had an order.
I have an order showing on their page 'awaiting fulfillment', and the credit was charged right away.

I've been patiently waiting on my BF order. Granted, it was only an Oryx, but they charged the card immediately and a month goes by with no comms. I get it, they're busy. So I wait a week longer and call, had to leave a message. Someone calls me back a couple days later and says it'll ship on the 8th.
Cool, no big hurry.
But,,, still not shipped and still no comms.
At least with my XLR magnesium order, they were up front about how long it was going to take.
I'd sure like to finally be able to give my daughter her Christmas present. At this rate, it might be here for her birthday.
Had a reply this afternoon stating shipping would restart on the 15th in US. Hopefully this will include yours also and she will get her present.

oh man that's super odd.
They have outstanding customer support and always extremely easy to deal with. when placing orders and getting stuff shipped in Canada.
Instant order conf, order updates with tracking numbers. Instantly reply to emails. Having an issue? The proper product gets sent out within the next couple days.
They always send free swag, stickers, chamber flags and hats. Hand signed thank you cards and Christmas cards.
They really do go above in my experiences.

Shit, my xlr took 24 weeks to deliver. Custom cerakote though. But they did send me a email stating the order was recieved and i knew how long it took.

Don't know if they saw this and it's just the power of the hide. But got another email today with more updates. "Chassis in final steps of manufacturing". So 3 more weeks at least. O well. I'm just glad for the communication.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronws and Baron23
I ordered a couple of years ago and they ran out of the chassis before they could ship it to me. They immediately worked with me on a discount for one that was in stock and got me taken care of. It did take a while to get notified that my order was canceled though.

I ordered two XRS chassis and two 50 MOA scope rails. They shipped one chassis and two rails. I called them and they said the second chassis was on backorder, no big deal. A few weeks later I got the second chassis. It was missing the magazine catch. I called again and the guy told me to reply to the order confirmation email. A few days later I had the mag catch. They were nice every time I talked to them. And I got the Christmas card too.
If/when I build another rifle will most likely buy parts from them again.

I had great success with their customer service… order Hnt26 during Black Friday sale, didn’t get a shipping notification or tracking number, even though the order showed shipped… showed up within a week. Actually regret not ordering more, but was worried about missing out on the Hnt26 while shopping

Still waiting on a mag. Being patient. Sent a couple of emails. No response....hmmmm. appreciate the sales prices
Sorry to hear this. We have been noticing that our emails have been sorted into the spam/junk folder. Have you checked there?

I'm sure there have been a lot of you with interaction with MDT, how has the customer service been? Fairly sure of their product but the customer service is very lacking in my recent experience. I ordered during their Black Friday sale so I get possible shipping delays (although you'd think that would be planned for). Also I now see they are moving to Idaho. Good job...getting out of WA, but probably not a good time to delay all your Black Friday orders that are already delayed...but i digress. Just curious what everyone else's experience has been when ordering from MDT, quality customer service or lacking?
We are sorry to hear you have had this customer service experience and we appreciate the feedback. We are always wanting to improve and make sure your experience with us is Legendary each time. Which product are you still waiting on?

Did you call them to ask / get clarification of your questions or just come here to post like a whinny bitch? As all those random thoughts roll around your head, did you ever think to call them?

Some of you fuckers its amazing have made it this far in life. Natural Selection is being cheated everyday. Maybe call your mommy and ask her for advice too, before picking up the phone and calling the company direct.

• Love
Reactions: Herb Stoner
Did you call them to ask / get clarification of your questions or just come here to post like a whinny bitch? As all those random thoughts roll around your head, did you ever think to call them?

Some of you fuckers its amazing have made it this far in life. Natural Selection is being cheated everyday. Maybe call your mommy and ask her for advice too, before picking up the phone and calling the company direct.
I have messaged through their site and emailed from the site. Been proactive but also don't want to be that guy. May give them a call if I don't hear or see something in another week or so.

Got a reply today from email stating that shipping would resume for the US orders on the 15th. So estimated shipping at 1 to 3 weeks now.
Might want to actual read the thread before you open you're always patronizing, condescending, superior mouth.

At least you are consistent....a consistent ass.

Last edited:
Might want to actual read the thread before you open you're always patronizing, condescending, superior mouth.

At least you are consistent....a consistent ass.
I know right, touched a nerve for sure. Wow!

Listen to that bullshit . Talk about a whine ass .

1705107189468.png

We are sorry to hear you have had this customer service experience and we appreciate the feedback. We are always wanting to improve and make sure your experience with us is Legendary each time. Which product are you still waiting on?
Thank you for the message and being on these forums with your customers. I am still waiting on the chassis. But I kinda expected the wait so that is no big problem. The issue was the communication which I think may have been a SPAM folder issue. Once I emailed again in Jan I found replys there and was notified the chassis was still being manufactured and it should be a few more weeks. I thought I had checked spam back in November when I didn't get the order confirmation. But there is a chance I didn't. And those have now fallen off if they were ever there. But again. No big issue. I could see my orders on the website. Just wasn't getting any status updates after website messages and emails. And with all the fraud out there now a days I was getting concerned. MDT is a great company and product from what I've seen in the community. So i was a little confused and came to the hide to get others experiences.

Reactions: Baron23
"Actually," it's whiny, not whinny.

Of course, to whine is the basic conjugation.

Por gratis, your local grammar NAZI.

Side note and full disclosure, I butcher songs.

So, I took the theme song from the show, "Flipper" and made it my own.

"They call me asshole, asshole, asshole.
I wonder why..."

My friend Lee would reply, in time and without missing a beat,
"Because you are one, are one, are one.
There's no need to wonder why...."

Thankyouverymuch.
I'm here all week.
Try the clam chowder and make sure to tip the servers.

Sorry to hear this. We have been noticing that our emails have been sorted into the spam/junk folder. Have you checked there?
No big deal. Thanks for all you guys do. No responses in my spam. I emailed 3 x but maybe I should call next week. I was trying not to tie up your staff.

I sent several email request during Black Friday to cancel a order and nothing. Now i have double of what i do not need. I am not real real happy with MDT right now.

Thank you for the message and being on these forums with your customers. I am still waiting on the chassis. But I kinda expected the wait so that is no big problem. The issue was the communication which I think may have been a SPAM folder issue. Once I emailed again in Jan I found replys there and was notified the chassis was still being manufactured and it should be a few more weeks. I thought I had checked spam back in November when I didn't get the order confirmation. But there is a chance I didn't. And those have now fallen off if they were ever there. But again. No big issue. I could see my orders on the website. Just wasn't getting any status updates after website messages and emails. And with all the fraud out there now a days I was getting concerned. MDT is a great company and product from what I've seen in the community. So i was a little confused and came to the hide to get others experiences.
No problem at all, and it's understandable; I would be the same way.
-Paige