• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT introduces the HNT26! A 26 Ounce Carbon Fiber Hunting Chassis.

We will see, it depends on the demand for it, it's a pretty costly product to develop so we are careful there for sure, but if there is demand we will make it happen!

-Anthony
Yeah I bet the molds aren't cheap for those. One other company that makes aftermarket Tikka Mags now has 5-6rd extended mags which is a nice addition.

Yeah I bet the molds aren't cheap for those. One other company that makes aftermarket Tikka Mags now has 5-6rd extended mags which is a nice addition.

Yup, anything to do with tooling gets expensive quickly. Hopefully, it's something we can get an OEM or a supplier to commit to a large quantity to make it more viable to produce.

-Anthony

Yup, anything to do with tooling gets expensive quickly. Hopefully, it's something we can get an OEM or a supplier to commit to a large quantity to make it more viable to produce.

-Anthony
Similar to how Savage I assume helped with the polymer 308 mag for the oryx and their specific axis chassis? So what you're saying is we need to get Tikka on board with you guys to make it happen?

Similar to how Savage I assume helped with the polymer 308 mag for the oryx and their specific axis chassis? So what you're saying is we need to get Tikka on board with you guys to make it happen?
There isn't a specific magazine for the Savage Axis; it's just our standard 308 Polymer AICS SA magazine with a different lockplate. But yea, if you can get Tikka on board, it would help a lot!

-Anthony

Reactions: kikkobots
Hey Anthony,
Any eta on when our preorders will ship? Hoping they’ll make it before hunting season.

Hey Anthony,
Any eta on when our preorders will ship? Hoping they’ll make it before hunting season.

Sorry, I was on vacation; we are trucking along, It should be good before then; if you contact us directly through our support portal with your order number, we can give you a better idea.

If you have an order placed with us, please contact us through our support portal, and we would be happy to provide an update on any current orders.

Some internal information for everyone. We ship on a FIFO basis (First in, First out), and with the popularity of the HNT-26, we are going to be intentionally vague as without knowing specifically where you are at in our order queue makes it nearly impossible to provide an accurate answer. So please, for any order updates, please contact us through our support portal with the details, and we will get you an answer as soon as possible.

-Anthony

Reactions: MTSLW
Let's get some pictures of that integrated arca please. And perhaps I'm an idiot (ask my wife or my girlfriend) but did I read the the arca would be carbon? How is that going to wear against me sliding my bipod or tripod clamp?

Hopefully some photos coming soon! Also, I have the same concerns about durability with repeated clamping and the compressive forces associated with it, coupled with whatever force being applied by preloading or clamping against things and then repeated recoil.

@MDT_OFFICIAL how durable are these integrated rails going to be? Would it be better to go with the standard foreend and attach a rail if a bipod/tripod will be removed and attached often, and a lot of shooting will be done from various positions putting a lot of different forces on the clamp and rail? Say 2000-3000 rounds a year type shooting (realizing the target market is hunting and most won’t see this type of round count, I like to practice with the same rifle I carry).

If this is fine, what clamps do you suggest to use? I’ve got a bipod and some tripods I will need to figure out adapters for.

Hopefully some photos coming soon! Also, I have the same concerns about durability with repeated clamping and the compressive forces associated with it, coupled with whatever force being applied by preloading or clamping against things and then repeated recoil.

@MDT_OFFICIAL how durable are these integrated rails going to be? Would it be better to go with the standard foreend and attach a rail if a bipod/tripod will be removed and attached often, and a lot of shooting will be done from various positions putting a lot of different forces on the clamp and rail? Say 2000-3000 rounds a year type shooting (realizing the target market is hunting and most won’t see this type of round count, I like to practice with the same rifle I carry).

If this is fine, what clamps do you suggest to use? I’ve got a bipod and some tripods I will need to figure out adapters for.

Don't even worry about it at all. When we did our initial testing, we ran stuff until it broke, and I doubt the average shooter would ever be able to replicate that many rounds. Your good to go!

As for clamps, it's all personal preference. ARCA is a universal standard so go with what you like!

-Anthony

Reactions: ormandj
Sent in a friendly request for a LH XM option. Would order 2 the day they become available.

Excellent product guys, can't wait to see these in the field this fall.

Just spoke to the fine folks at MDT. Looks like my order should be shipping within the next week or so. It appears I'm in the first batch, which I ordered on March 30th. So hopefully that gives you all a little guidance. ;-)

Just spoke to the fine folks at MDT. Looks like my order should be shipping within the next week or so. It appears I'm in the first batch, which I ordered on March 30th. So hopefully that gives you all a little guidance. ;-)

Perfect! Any order questions are always best asked directly through our support portal with an order number so we can see where exactly you are!

-Anthony

Chassis’s are shipping now! Just got a tracking number from MDT! Stoked to check this thing out. @MDT_OFFICIAL
Small numbers have passed QC, it's going slow, but yea, everything seems to be rolling slowly but surely, we hope you enjoy!

-Anthony

Chassis’s are shipping now! Just got a tracking number from MDT! Stoked to check this thing out. @MDT_OFFICIAL

Glad to hear it, kicking myself now for not ordering back when it was first announced since I didn’t have an action yet. I ordered mine the beginning of August and when I checked they said 6 to 8 weeks from last week for new orders. Hopefully I get mine prior to my hunting trip in October.

Small numbers have passed QC, it's going slow, but yea, everything seems to be rolling slowly but surely, we hope you enjoy!

-Anthony
Hey Anthony,
Chassis came in and I mounted my barreled action. One issue tho- the right bolt on the right side of the forearm that attaches forearm to butt stock is not securing tightly. The bolt just spins in place. The other 4 bolts tightened fine. What do I need to do here? Add loctite to it for now?

Hey Anthony,
Chassis came in and I mounted my barreled action. One issue tho- the right bolt on the right side of the forearm that attaches forearm to butt stock is not securing tightly. The bolt just spins in place. The other 4 bolts tightened fine. What do I need to do here? Add loctite to it for now?
It sounds like you will need to get in touch with us directly as it sounds like it might've stripped. You will be ok for a hunt with four screws, but please reach out through [email protected] with pictures and we will see what we do for you.

-Anthony

Any chance of integrating the R-Lock dimples from RRS on the in-built dovetail mount? It solves one of my biggest gripes with a pure dovetail mount while still being backwards compatible with existing hardware.

Any chance of integrating the R-Lock dimples from RRS on the in-built dovetail mount? It solves one of my biggest gripes with a pure dovetail mount while still being backwards compatible with existing hardware.
Nothing is planned at this time, but maybe in the future. It would likely be a whole new tool, so it would be a long time if we decide to add that feature.

-Anthony

Does anybody have any photos of this stock with the built-in ARCA rail yet, now that they've started shipping?

Does anybody have any photos of this stock with the built-in ARCA rail yet, now that they've started shipping?
Already on the HNT-26 page, it looks nearly identical but all the pictures with Scott Satterlee (all the action shots on the page) are the ARCA forend.

EDIT: and the black one on the end of that is also integrated ARCA as well.

-Anthony

It's grainy but better than nothing....MDT you guys need to get some good quality shots of that rail we've been asking for months.....
hnt26_blackB.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: gnochi
Already on the HNT-26 page, it looks nearly identical but all the pictures with Scott Satterlee (all the action shots on the page) are the ARCA forend.

EDIT: and the black one on the end of that is also integrated ARCA as well.

-Anthony
Copy that, it looked like he had another section of rail attached, so I assumed it was without the ARCA. Looking closer at a few of the pictures I can make it out. Thank you. How much does the ARCA option add in weight?

It's grainy but better than nothing....MDT you guys need to get some good quality shots of that rail we've been asking for months.....

We are working on it, it is difficult since it's very subtle and the forend is for the most part nearly identical outside of the ARCA.

Copy that, it looked like he had another section of rail attached, so I assumed it was without the ARCA. Looking closer at a few of the pictures I can make it out. Thank you. How much does the ARCA option add in weight?

It's not much, @MDT_Josh will be to answer that, it's likely around 2 oz.

-Anthony

Thanks for the tag Anthony, and the ARCA forend (actually made to RRS Dovetail spec) will add 0.5 oz to the total weight.

- Josh

I ordered mine on 2/20 and still dont have it. I got a notification that something from them delivered today. When I got home I found it was just the flush 3 rd mags I ordered at the same time. Ouch MDT, ouch!

Yeah sent mail earlier to inquire about left hand tikka. Seems like only way to request it...

have not heard anything about how many requests needed to start production 🤔

I ordered mine on 2/20 and still dont have it. I got a notification that something from them delivered today. When I got home I found it was just the flush 3 rd mags I ordered at the same time. Ouch MDT, ouch!

Rest assured, HNT-26 is rolling along, and we will be shipping as soon as possible. With the 3 round magazines, we shipped them as soon as we had them available. While we understand it can be a bit odd to get only one part, it's the least we can do to get you something you ordered. Our sincerest apologies for any disappointment.

Hi team,

Just a heads up that the HNT26 is still not one of the options shown on that page to express interest / pre-order a left-handed version ...

For the left-handed HNT-26, select others from the form. We will be updating this when we can, but at this time, we are bringing online a new website, so our website team won't be able to focus on things like this for a bit. Once we have the resources again, we will be updating for sure.

Yeah sent mail earlier to inquire about left hand tikka. Seems like only way to request it...

have not heard anything about how many requests needed to start production 🤔

Through our product request form, you will be able to select others at the bottom in position D; this is for all none existing products. We will be updating as soon as resources allow.

Numbers are only one aspect of our decision-making process as to whether or not a product will go forward. Seeing the demand is huge, though, and helps put a bit of pre-release anxiety at ease.

-Anthony

Rest assured, HNT-26 is rolling along, and we will be shipping as soon as possible. With the 3 round magazines, we shipped them as soon as we had them available. While we understand it can be a bit odd to get only one part, it's the least we can do to get you something you ordered. Our sincerest apologies for any disappointment.

For the left-handed HNT-26, select others from the form. We will be updating this when we can, but at this time, we are bringing online a new website, so our website team won't be able to focus on things like this for a bit. Once we have the resources again, we will be updating for sure.

Through our product request form, you will be able to select others at the bottom in position D; this is for all none existing products. We will be updating as soon as resources allow.

Numbers are only one aspect of our decision-making process as to whether or not a product will go forward. Seeing the demand is huge, though, and helps put a bit of pre-release anxiety at ease.

-Anthony
I was just making a funny, I can wait.

What's the bottom of the Arca rail look like? Is it flat or are there m-loc slots in the bottom to lighten it? Just curious.

-Anthony
Hi
on my phone i get no "others" option.
Only A-F (acc-xrs)

They’ve been a standup company to work with for me over the years. I’m sure you’ll be getting yours soon and you will love it. I like it way more than all of my other carbon stocks from manners and Christensen.

They’ve been a standup company to work with for me over the years. I’m sure you’ll be getting yours soon and you will love it. I like it way more than all of my other carbon stocks from manners and Christensen.
I was just making a joke.

When did you order yours? I'm in the first batch, but the QC has delayed things apparently. Based off your order and receive date, maybe I can guesstimate the arrival of mine. I've got a poll going on which arrived first, the HNT26 or the CarbonSix barrel. LOL!

For those who've received these, you should post some pictures!

For those who've received these, you should post some pictures!
I agree, now I can't even log into the site as it says I'm not authorized. Reset my password, and still nothing. I'll try later today. But I'd love to see some more pics.

I agree, now I can't even log into the site as it says I'm not authorized. Reset my password, and still nothing. I'll try later today. But I'd love to see some more pics.

This seems to be a pretty common problem with the new website. I called Monday and they said they were working to fix it as fast as they can.

When did you order yours? I'm in the first batch, but the QC has delayed things apparently. Based off your order and receive date, maybe I can guesstimate the arrival of mine. I've got a poll going on which arrived first, the HNT26 or the CarbonSix barrel. LOL!

Yes, QC is working around the clock on the HNT-26 but progress is slow as we are wanting them to be perfect!

Clear your cache/cookies and click reset password and you should be good to go.

This seems to be a pretty common problem with the new website. I called Monday and they said they were working to fix it as fast as they can.

Should be deployed now, clear your cache and cookies and click reset password.

-Anthony

Reactions: SilentHero
Yes, QC is working around the clock on the HNT-26 but progress is slow as we are wanting them to be perfect!
Hey Anthony,
Since it’s a FIFO system, can you tell us what days orders you are on so we can tell approximately where we are? Understanding there can be issues giving people dates. I’m hoping to use this build for deer season. But I need to break in the barrel, so need to make sure I’ll have time.

Hey Anthony,
Since it’s a FIFO system, can you tell us what days orders you are on so we can tell approximately where we are? Understanding there can be issues giving people dates. I’m hoping to use this build for deer season. But I need to break in the barrel, so need to make sure I’ll have time.
The best thing to do is e-mail us through [email protected] with your specific order number and we can give you an ETA there.

-Anthony

Shall do. Just an FYI, I cleared my cache and history, still can't get in. Tried both Safari and Chrome.
Thank you, they found another issue and applying the fix now, it will likely need the same treatment. Fix ETA of around 2 hours from now.

EDIT: Fix is live, will require a cache clear or new browser.

-Anthony

Last edited: