• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT introduces the HNT26! A 26 Ounce Carbon Fiber Hunting Chassis.

@MDT_OFFICIAL
the country I hunt in has a minimum total length of 84cm with the stock folded, so I am wondering what is the total folded length of a Tikka or a remington LA with a 20” barrel?

@MDT_OFFICIAL
the country I hunt in has a minimum total length of 84cm with the stock folded, so I am wondering what is the total folded length of a Tikka or a remington LA with a 20” barrel?
Assuming that you're using our MDT Carbon Premier Grip and no muzzle device, I calculated that the folded length with a 20" barrel to be about 78.6 cm, so you'd be a little under the 84 cm minimum :( So you'd either need to:
  1. Get a slightly longer barrel, OR,
  2. Add a muzzle device of some sort, OR,
  3. Not use the folding version!
Hope this helps!

- Josh

NF ELR Challenge hunter class here we come. 300 NM.

Attachments

• 490DFDC5-FDA7-4174-8C4D-DB2871933BF9.jpeg
    490DFDC5-FDA7-4174-8C4D-DB2871933BF9.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 315
  • 1D5435E1-EBB8-4CD9-8E2C-E6093255A1A6.jpeg
    1D5435E1-EBB8-4CD9-8E2C-E6093255A1A6.jpeg
    467.5 KB · Views: 310
@MDT_OFFICIAL do you have an ETA for left hand HNT26?
While I'm not speaking for the company (not affiliated in any way) I asked and was told in person that the person I talked (works for them and is known to many) to was told they wanted to have options avaliable for them before they offered them to us....I personally think that's a stupid response but it is what it is. That said I did see a black carbon lefty one in person so they do exist already just not avaliable to us normal people.

@MDT_OFFICIAL
@MDT_Josh

What is the particular production/QA issue with the chassis in Tikka SA with Arca and folder?

Ordered 8/4/21 ($1600 collected), with 6-8 week lead time
Emailed 10/7/21, response - all backordered chassis would ship by 10/15/21
Emailed 10/26/21, response - 2 to 3 more weeks, the chassis are in QC
Emailed 11/29/21, response - 5 to 6 more weeks, flooding, still in QC

I'm extremely disappointed I did not have this for elk season, even more so to not have it for the NRL Hunter season. I would email support again, but they appear to only give placating responses. It's pretty close to 6 months at this point -- coincidentally so is Ground Hog Day. What's really going on?
Any update on the Tikka SA order status? Right at 11 months.

Dont worry the XLR Element magnesium is offered in XM footprint. No need to wait after MDT

does anyone else have a little wiggle in the buttstock? mine wiggles where the buttstock joins with the rectangular tube (where the folder would be. mine is fixed stock)

i took the little rubber plug out but couldnt see enough inside to see if there was a way to tighten it. granted i did this during a match

does anyone else have a little wiggle in the buttstock? mine wiggles where the buttstock joins with the rectangular tube (where the folder would be. mine is fixed stock)

i took the little rubber plug out but couldnt see enough inside to see if there was a way to tighten it. granted i did this during a match
There have been reports of a few that have come out not fully tightened (that's on us and our QWC team, sorry!). All you need to do is remove the little rubber plug, use a 1/4" hex key (I found that a long, L-shaped one works best) and crank it gorilla tight! 🦧

Hope this helps (we have fixed this part of our process now)!
Josh

easy enough! i figured it would be as easy as that. just couldn't see anything inside when i looked between stages.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Anybody with the folder care to comment on rigidity when unfolded?

Is it rock solid?

And I'm guessing that its compatible with all MDT grips such as the adjustable vertical Premier (yeah, for those us with tiny children hands LOL)

Very interesting and innovative chassis.

Is it rock solid?

And I'm guessing that its compatible with all MDT grips such as the adjustable vertical Premier (yeah, for those us with tiny children hands LOL)

It is the same folding design as they have been running on the ESS and ACC chassis systems and it's solid. It takes a little getting used to because you have to push the button in to get it to fold 90⁰ and it has to be pushed even further in to fold all the way over.

For grips it appears to be standard AR style. I'm wondering when they will have the carbon fiber vertical grip or if I just need to get another ergo vertical.

Reactions: Baron23

Is it rock solid?

Mine is rock solid when extended.

Is it rock solid?

Using mine on a long action for a 7mm RM hunting rifle. The lockup is solid. The only reason I haven't bought a second one for a short action is that the way the forend is designed interferes with my ability to use quick change barrels with my Terminus Zeus.

@chutinlead @Disturbingiraq @Franko

Thanks guys.....and I'm assuming you use these as part of a hunting rig.

With steel barrels and not CF? And if so, how's the balance as this is indeed a very light weight stock (as intended).

Cheers
Mine is a hunting rig in 7mm RM. I am running a 26 inch Bartlein CF barrel. All in weight with sling (but no bipod) and mag/ammo is 10 pounds and an ounce or two. Balance point is about 2 inches forward of the magazine well.

Mine is a hunting rig in 7mm RM. I am running a 26 inch Bartlein CF barrel. All in weight with sling (but no bipod) and mag/ammo is 10 pounds and an ounce or two. Balance point is about 2 inches forward of the magazine well.
Thank you....great data point. I appreciate you guys taking the time to reply.

Cheers

Reactions: Franko
Thanks guys.....and I'm assuming you use these as part of a hunting rig.

With steel barrels and not CF? And if so, how's the balance as this is indeed a very light weight stock (as intended).

Cheers
Mine is a 7SS with a 20" carbon6 magnum profile and a 7" can. It handles and balances perfectly

Reactions: jafo96 and Baron23
@MDT_OFFICIAL I've got an order in on Feb 12. for a LA folder/ARCA/CF combo. Do you have any idea what lead times are looking like at this point? I love my SA and am chomping at the bit.

Great idea and definitely something we're investigating! No details for you right now though :(

- Josh
I would also like to see a 3rd binderless or 2.950" mag for the short mags. Maybe team up with Hawkins Precision and offer some of their mags that a guaranteed to work in the HNT26. That mag is the perfect length, but the 2 I've tried are so tight they won't drop out. Might as well be a BDL

I would also like to see a 3rd binderless or 2.950" mag for the short mags. Maybe team up with Hawkins Precision and offer some of their mags that a guaranteed to work in the HNT26. That mag is the perfect length, but the 2 I've tried are so tight they won't drop out. Might as well be a BDL

I want a 3rd 2.950 for 308 boltface though

My son used his Defiance / HNT26 build for a deer hunt on the weekend. Took two fallow deer does (we are in Australia), both at 220 meters off a carbon tripod attached to the arca rail. He loves the rifle.

IMG-8688.jpg

IMG-8698.jpg
What caliber did he use?