• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT introduces the HNT26! A 26 Ounce Carbon Fiber Hunting Chassis.

Make the left hand already. Y’all lose more money every Black Friday to whiney little bitches trying to get free shit then the tooling change would cost for the left hands that we’ll buy.

What caliber did he use?
He has it set up as a switch barrel. He has a stainless 375 Ruger barrel and a carbon 300 win mag barrel. This hunt was with the 300WM using 180gn Accubonds. More rifle than he needed for this hunt, but he was really pumped to try his new rifle.

Reactions: eveyoz and TACC
So I had to tear my rifle apart for some cleaning so I decided to weigh my chassis as is and got the following weight

700 SA, arca forend, Magpul Mloc AFG, wooden grip and folding buttstock puts me at 34.7 oz. Removing the AFG and wooden grip gives me 32 oz so I imagine the LA non folder would be the lightest at 28 oz.

Total rifle weight with a 2.5-20 NX8 and a Nomad TI suppressor puts me at 10# even.

So I had to tear my rifle apart for some cleaning so I decided to weigh my chassis as is and got the following weight

700 SA, arca forend, Magpul Mloc AFG, wooden grip and folding buttstock puts me at 34.7 oz. Removing the AFG and wooden grip gives me 32 oz so I imagine the LA non folder would be the lightest at 28 oz.

Total rifle weight with a 2.5-20 NX8 and a Nomad TI suppressor puts me at 10# even.

That stock is definitely hunting weight.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
No thanks! That is for someone with more money than brains!

First if weight is an issue put a lighter scope!

Second delete all that carbon from the barrel and just run a pencil SS or chromoly barrel!

Third delete that bipod and just toss a sock with some beans or airsoft BB's in it into your jacket pocket or use a hiking poll mono pod or sticks!

Fourth no actual hunting rifle needs to have a brake on it you will get one super accurate first shot and maybe a decent follow up shoot.

Fifth it is absolutely stupid not to have a sling on a real hunting rifle.

Sixth I am almost 50 years old and can do front shoulder raises with a 35lbs. dumbbells' with a partial torn rotator cuff 2 different deep partial tears! Holding up anything short of my F-Class rig which is awkward due to barrel length is fairly easy!

Seventh if you have the audacity to have your hunting rifle built on a carbon fiber MDT and are brainwashed enough to have a HUGE NF scope on it you have better have the integrity to run a full detachable mag you plan to hunt with full of the ammo you plan to hunt with on the rifle when you pull a marketing stunt like that photo!!! That photo does not make me think "cool" or "tough" it makes me think "soy boy", "anemic", or "rifle light enough for Nancy Pelosi to carry"!!! LOL

You know who would really benefit from all this carbon fiber? All the senior citizen that have to lug heavy O2 bottles around. Then tax payers could pay for it through Medicad and Medicare!

Man do you come off as a fucking tool, some of us choose to hunt with nice, well built equipment instead of beating around the woods with a POS Savage or Ruger American.

1.) Many people prefer FFP scopes, most are in the 24 to 28 oz range on the lightest end of the spectrum. I got a lighter chassis specifically so I could run a heavier scope.

2.) A pencil barrel doesn’t work with a suppressor due to the minimum diameter for muzzle threads. My 20” light Palma .223 barrel is over a pound heavier than my brothers 20” CF wrapped straight contour .300 WM barrel.

3.) Bipod stays in the pack and gets added as needed, that being said certain competitions such as NRL hunter require bipods to be on the rifle and included in the rifle weight if they are to be used.

4.) If you are hunting at longer ranges then spotting your own shot may be necessary, trying to spot your shot with a lightweight magnum rifle would be near impossible without a brake or suppressor.

5.) This Chassis has both sling studs and QD mounts, not quite sure where you are getting the no sling thing.

6.) Good for you but irrelevant to the conversation. Most people aren’t shooting offhand for anything but a last ditch close range shot if no other rest is available.

7.) You literally just got done saying you only need one, maybe two shots for hunting, why does the rifle need to have a full 10 round mag when the 3 round mag they designed for it gives you more than enough rounds?

The whole purpose of a lighter stock/chassis is to allow for more weight elsewhere. I have a Manners stock with the mini chassis and the adjustable cheek piece, same functionality as the MDT but double the weight. It works well for a target rifle but that extra weight of the Manners is a detriment for a hunting rifle.

My custom rifle in the MDT Chassis weighs only 4 oz more than my Pre-War Model 70, the difference is that my custom has a 10oz suppressor with a 28oz scope compared to the bare muzzle and 16oz scope on the Model 70.

No thanks! That is for someone with more money than brains!

First if weight is an issue put a lighter scope!

Second delete all that carbon from the barrel and just run a pencil SS or chromoly barrel!

Third delete that bipod and just toss a sock with some beans or airsoft BB's in it into your jacket pocket or use a hiking poll mono pod or sticks!

Fourth no actual hunting rifle needs to have a brake on it you will get one super accurate first shot and maybe a decent follow up shoot.

Fifth it is absolutely stupid not to have a sling on a real hunting rifle.

Sixth I am almost 50 years old and can do front shoulder raises with a 35lbs. dumbbells' with a partial torn rotator cuff 2 different deep partial tears! Holding up anything short of my F-Class rig which is awkward due to barrel length is fairly easy!

Seventh if you have the audacity to have your hunting rifle built on a carbon fiber MDT and are brainwashed enough to have a HUGE NF scope on it you have better have the integrity to run a full detachable mag you plan to hunt with full of the ammo you plan to hunt with on the rifle when you pull a marketing stunt like that photo!!! That photo does not make me think "cool" or "tough" it makes me think "soy boy", "anemic", or "rifle light enough for Nancy Pelosi to carry"!!! LOL

You know who would really benefit from all this carbon fiber? All the senior citizen that have to lug heavy O2 bottles around. Then tax payers could pay for it through Medicad and Medicare!
buddly reincarnated. fuck we're all doomed

PS. you're a tool. not one single person here cares about your opinion

Yeah don’t knock it till you try it! I am thoroughly impressed with this chassis. Is it a niche item? YES! Could most guys save thousands of dollars and just lose five ponds at the gym? Yes! But this chassis is a phenomenal design. The ergonomics are exceptional. The weight and design fit my needs perfectly.
55BC1370-766D-45B6-93C5-ED3A68D382B5.jpeg

@MDT_OFFICIAL Got my stock in a couple days ago and noticed it only came with 3 handguard attachment screws(chassis still has 5 screw holes while handguard has 3). The manual shows it comes with 5 "if included". Will there be a big rigidity issue with 3 instead of 5? And will it hurt to have my smith drill 2 holes in the handguard to add those screws?

@MDT_OFFICIAL Got my stock in a couple days ago and noticed it only came with 3 handguard attachment screws(chassis still has 5 screw holes while handguard has 3). The manual shows it comes with 5 "if included". Will there be a big rigidity issue with 3 instead of 5? And will it hurt to have my smith drill 2 holes in the handguard to add those screws?
2 of them should have already been screwed into the chassis with big 'HAND TIGHT ONLY' stickers on them

thats how my R700 SA non folder came

2 of them should have already been screwed into the chassis with big 'HAND TIGHT ONLY' stickers on them

thats how my R700 SA non folder came
I got the SA non folder also. Mine only came with 3 handguard screws and 3 holes drilled in the handguard. The chassis itself still has the 5 screw holes. The manual says some "might" have 5 screws instead. Just seems odd. I would think 5 screws would be better for rigidity.

I got the SA non folder also. Mine only came with 3 handguard screws and 3 holes drilled in the handguard. The chassis itself still has the 5 screw holes. The manual says some "might" have 5 screws instead. Just seems odd. I would think 5 screws would be better for rigidity.
The variants moving forward have 3 screws holding the forend on. We did some fatigue cycling at varying deflection amounts and found that the front two screws were pretty much not providing any, usable support for the forend and were stripping out fairly easily with the magnesium. We have since decided to move ahead with the 3 forend screws, mostly relying on the long, underside screw to do the bulk of support for forend-body flex!

- Josh

The variants moving forward have 3 screws holding the forend on. We did some fatigue cycling at varying deflection amounts and found that the front two screws were pretty much not providing any, usable support for the forend and were stripping out fairly easily with the magnesium. We have since decided to move ahead with the 3 forend screws, mostly relying on the long, underside screw to do the bulk of support for forend-body flex!

- Josh

Found out the hard way that the two high screws are just long enough to touch the Barloc on my barrel, one got tweaked and completely stripped the screw hole on the way out.

• Wow
Reactions: Northernjets

- Jos Thank you for the response!

- Josh
Sounds good! Thank you for the response!

Reactions: MDT_Josh
when will a folding adapter be available for those of us who have non-folders?
There are no plans to offer a folding adapter for the HNT26, we may offer the buttstock separate at some point, but that will likely be quite some time.

-Anthony

What are some not overly heavy more vertical grips to replace the one that comes on this? I'm not a fan of the hollow sounding standard grip angle. A solid vertical one filled with foam would be sweet.

Reactions: Taylorbok
What are some not overly heavy more vertical grips to replace the one that comes on this? I'm not a fan of the hollow sounding standard grip angle. A solid vertical one filled with foam would be sweet.
I replaced my standard, carbon grip with our MDT Premier Vertical grip which only weighs about 4.5 oz. Gives you more grip, adjustability and doesn't really add much for weight :) We're working on a carbon vertical grip, however, it is still very heavily focused on being lightweight, and as such, won't be foam filled or any less hollow.

- Josh

I replaced my standard, carbon grip with our MDT Premier Vertical grip which only weighs about 4.5 oz. Gives you more grip, adjustability and doesn't really add much for weight :) We're working on a carbon vertical grip, however, it is still very heavily focused on being lightweight, and as such, won't be foam filled or any less hollow.

- Josh
Any eta on that grip? Will there be options on the website to order a chassis with the vertical vs the more traditional shaped grip?

Last edited:
My elite grip with hardware was something like 7 or 8 oz. I weighed it, but I'm not sure if I took pictures. I think my premier grip with insert & hardware was in the 6oz range.

Any eta on that grip? Will there be options on the website to order a chassis with the vertical vs the more traditional shaped grip?
It should be this year; make sure you are signed up for the newsletter, and we shall see; there are no plans right now, but maybe.

-Anthony

See above ^. We have q little more work on it still before it's ready for production.
I was looking at that or cheaping out and going with the ergo tactical deluxe vertical. What's the weight on the elite vertical grip @MDT_Josh?
The weight I have on the Elite vertical grip with hardware is 8.2 Oz, so about double the current Premier Vertical grip.

- Josh

Is there another option for a thicker buttpad either from you guys or from somewhere like Limbsaver? I always have at least 2 spacers in it and wouldn't mind an extra 1/2" of rubber vs plastic spacers.

Is there another option for a thicker buttpad either from you guys or from somewhere like Limbsaver? I always have at least 2 spacers in it and wouldn't mind an extra 1/2" of rubber vs plastic spacers.
There maybe a Limbsaver one, but we aren't aware of which specific one you would need.

-Anthony

Has anyone had issues with bipods sliding on the Arca rail? I can’t get either of my MDT bipods to clamp on tight enough to stay put, a different brand one will almost stay in place. This is the second forend from MDT also a friend of mine has one that does the same thing.
Thinking maybe ask to exchange it for a standard one and put an aluminum Arca rail on.

I just recieved my hnt26 this last Friday. No issues with any of my bipods sliding, but the glue holding the carbon grip shell to the mounting block inside it is basically only glued on 2 sides

Has anyone had issues with bipods sliding on the Arca rail? I can’t get either of my MDT bipods to clamp on tight enough to stay put, a different brand one will almost stay in place. This is the second forend from MDT also a friend of mine has one that does the same thing.
Thinking maybe ask to exchange it for a standard one and put an aluminum Arca rail on.
Strange that it's happened twice. Please e-mail us through [email protected], and we will dive a bit more into it with you.

-Anthony

I just recieved my hnt26 this last Friday. No issues with any of my bipods sliding, but the glue holding the carbon grip shell to the mounting block inside it is basically only glued on 2 sides
Please contact us directly through [email protected], and we will get that replaced for you.

-Anthony

There maybe a Limbsaver one, but we aren't aware of which specific one you would need.

-Anthony
I ended up robbing the buttpad off my B22 Precision that comes with an MDT chassis that has more padding. You guys really cut all the weight you could out of the pad to make your target weight. Not knocking you for it, but if you are dropping anything bigger than a 6.5CM in it be advised.
PXL_20220913_192316996.jpg

I ended up robbing the buttpad off my B22 Precision that comes with an MDT chassis that has more padding. You guys really cut all the weight you could out of the pad to make your target weight. Not knocking you for it, but if you are dropping anything bigger than a 6.5CM in it be advised.
View attachment 7956120
Yup, we sure did. Trust me; I wanted us to go even more extreme. It is true, that our other buttpads would fit, but for the most part, we couldn't tell the difference in our shooting tests, but it goes to show you everyone experiences recoil differently.

-Anthony

I have a RRS SC-LR on my Atlas bipod and it will not stay in place under recoil from my 20" 300prc. Went to take another shot and when I put the rifle up to my shoulder my bipod slid right off the front of the integrated ARCA foreend.

I have since installed a pic rail on the foreend.