• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT introduces the HNT26! A 26 Ounce Carbon Fiber Hunting Chassis.

MDT_OFFICIAL

Official Account of Modular Driven Technologies
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2019
mdttac.com
Hunting Chassis - Scott.jpg

Check out the website for more details: https://mdttac.com/us_en/hnt26-chassis-system.html

-Kyle

Was wondering when someone was going to compete with XLR on the element magnesium. Great job! Havent read the fine print, are these ready to ship?
Shipping this summer but available for pre-order now :)

Feature list:
  • Chassis body machined from AZ61A magnesium alloy
  • Fixed and folding version available
  • Ultralightweight design weighing between 26oz and 31oz depending on configuration chosen (folding version and ARCA version increase weight to the high end of this scale)
  • Foam filled carbon fiber buttstock deadens sound, vibrations and felt recoil
  • Carbon Fiber components provide warm to touch feel
  • Designed to diminish snag points and provide superior ergonomics
  • Low profile mag latch integrates seamlessly into trigger guard
  • V-Block bedding system with free floating barrel
  • Will accommodate barrels up to 1.25” diameter
  • Compatible with AICS style magazines
  • Front and rear QD
  • Front and rear sling swivel mounts
  • Vertically adjustable cheek riser with soft touch foam pad
  • 12.5” minimum length of pull with adjustable spacer system
  • Accepts most AR Grips but specifically designed with ultra lightweight Carbon fiber grip just over 1oz
  • Carbon fiber enclosed forend with MLOK, QD mount, Sling Swivel Mount
  • Cerekote finish in either Black Carbon Fiber or Cobalt Green
  • Titanium action / grip screws

This just might be the perfect hunting chassis for my Tikka Lite! Are there any pictures of the forend with the integrated arca or the Cobalt green version of the chassis? And is the LOP the same on both the folding and non-folding variants?
New pictures will be coming as we get closer to shipping but yes, the LOP is the same on folding and non folding!

Reactions: Northernjets
Dammit! I would be on board for this if I hadn't just bought another chassis for an upcoming build.

Looks great, keep up the good work.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Very intrigued by this and the shorter LOP. Small hands and short arms normally means stretching on my hunting gun.

Reactions: Bd1
Wished the forehand would be flat to the magwell without the taper .

will the arca rail will be an attachment in magnesium or it will be a full magnesium forehand?

Element 3.0 MG and the HNT26 will be nice for NRL hunter class.

Well I finally found the chassis I want for my shorty rifle build. Now to decide if I preorder or wait until they are out in the wild.

Very cool, Kyle.

I don't see it mentioned in the features but it looks like it has a vertically adjustable comb....true?

Yes, it sure does!

Wished the forehand would be flat to the magwell without the taper .

will the arca rail will be an attachment in magnesium or it will be a full magnesium forehand?

Element 3.0 MG and the HNT26 will be nice for NRL hunter class.

ARCA rail on the forend will be part of the carbon fiber; magnesium is only used for the chassis body.

What’s the cobalt green look like?

We will get some pictures up soon; it is a very nice color, think green with a blueish hue to it.

Can you please include the Sauer STR/SSG3000 to the action list?
There are thousands of rifles in Europe just waiting for a lightweight chassis.

I also recomend adapting this chassis to the Blaser R8 and charge $3995. It's still cheaper than Blaser's own carbon stocks.. 😎

Last edited:
I am so excited about this one! Can't wait to see them out and about winning NRL Hunter matches and slaying a bunch of critters :D

Josh
if only they were available sooner to make it work for NRL Hunter matches

either way. these are awesome

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Nice, I'm still shopping for chassis for my tikka t3 hunting rig but this is out of my budget.
Have you seen our XRS chassis? It isn't as light, however, I hunted with my Tikka in one this year and it was great!
Can you please include the Sauer STR/SSG3000 to the action list?
There are thousands of rifles in Europe just waiting for a lightweight chassis.

I also recomend adapting this chassis to the Blaser R8 and charge $3995. It's still cheaper than Blaser's own carbon stocks.. 😎
Good question and the STR/SSG3k is not on the list currently, however, you can always request new inlets here: MDT Product Request Form
Looks great! Any plans for left handed configurations?
Not yet unfortunately :( Depending on the level of requests, it's something that we could look at in the future!
Will there be different length fore ends available in the future? I personally would like to see something a little longer. Of course that would add some weight
There are currently no plans for other forend options other than the standard and RRS dovetail compatible options, however, that may be a product idea in the future too!

Thanks for your interest/excitement guys!
Josh

3 things:
  1. Pix of the green? =D
  2. Pix of the integrated ARCA? (Also, thank you for finally having ARCA integrated into a carbon fiber forend)
  3. The “compatibility” section on the webpage says “CIP 3.50” instead of “CIP 3.850” (iOS 14.4 safari browser)

Reactions: eveyoz
Dang! That’s lighter than my vortex razor. I mean I guess that isn’t saying much but that’s light for a chassis
This makes it the second-lightest adjustable-cheek stock equivalent on the market. The All-Composites A5 Adjustable is 24oz (if it still exists anywhere; I can’t find it anymore).

This takes the crown from the XLR Element 3.0 Magnesium/Carbon by 2oz.

Any plans for a LA in the low profile magazine ?

Same question.

This stock looks great, be nice to use it for a 7 saum build on a long action for 180s poking way out there... But it would need a flush long action magazine.

Wonder if one of the long action shorty magazines from Curtis would work, or of MDT has a flush long action mag in the works?

Last edited:
Reactions: gnochi and DDoug
Already have the parts ordered for a build planned around this chassis. Just need to get chassis ordered and coming and then can sit and wait.

3 things:
  1. Pix of the green? =D
  2. Pix of the integrated ARCA? (Also, thank you for finally having ARCA integrated into a carbon fiber forend)
  3. The “compatibility” section on the webpage says “CIP 3.50” instead of “CIP 3.850” (iOS 14.4 safari browser)
Not yet; they will be coming soon for both! We are updating that now, thank you.

If you make a XM length I would buy 2 of them.
We will likely be doing an XM option!

Any plans for a LA in the low profile magazine ?
And does the integrated ARCA forend still have the M-lok slots cut on the bottom ?
Nothing in the works this time for low profile long action magazines, but it is possible. Yes, there M-Lok on the bottom of the ARCA forend.
Same question.

This stock looks great, be nice to use it for a 7 saum build on a long action for 180s poking way out there... But it would need a flush long action magazine.

Wonder if one of the long action shorty magazines from Curtis would work, or of MDT has a flush long action mag in the works?
Nothing in the works for low-profile long action magazines at this time. But if the Curtis ones are AICS, they should work.
Very interesting, could we see a pic with a 10 round mag please?

can it accept thick barrel profiles?
Thanks
We sent out all of our prototypes, so there are many great shots with 10 round magazines. Yes, you can go up 1.25".

Not yet; they will be coming soon for both! We are updating that now, thank you.

We will likely be doing an XM option!

Nothing in the works this time for low profile long action magazines, but it is possible. Yes, there M-Lok on the bottom of the ARCA forend.

Nothing in the works for low-profile long action magazines at this time. But if the Curtis ones are AICS, they should work.

We sent out all of our prototypes, so there are many great shots with 10 round magazines. Yes, you can go up 1.25".
Thanks, I’ll have a search to see if I can find a few more images. I’ve only found the initial release pics so far.