• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT LSS chassis. Has anyone tried one of these?

100meterpeter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2013
I have a Remington model 7 in 300 RSAUM that I wanted to customize and was interested in this rig. I have an AI mag for my .308 and my rsaums fit into it but I don't know if they will hang up if I try to feed them into the rifle in that chassis. Nobody makes squat for the model 7 so this could be badass if it works. Anyone have input?

I am having a 7mm-08 model seven built on that chassis right now. MDT said the 308 mags will work fine.

Hey Gents
Take a look at our Drake Hunter Stalker LWSS chassis. These are highly up-moded from the original MDT LSS design that has some major ergonomic differences over the original commercial version made by MDT. The Hunter Stalker LWSS chassis are made exclusively for DRAKE to our specifications. Our latest version has an extended forend where the top rail aligns with the bottom forend. All Hunter Stalker LWSS chassis are are also right and left hand capable on the same chassis.

Here is a few that are leaving the shop as either a complete custom HUNTER STALKER rifle system(s) or Hunter Stalker chassis only conversion. You can see both the extended forend version in the pic as well as the original shorter forend shown in the right that was done as an upgrade on the Rem 700 ADL profile rifle as shown.

Chassis are available for both the Remington 700 short and long action as well as the Savage Model 10's and Savage Model 110.

If you have an interest, please let me know. I would be more than pleased to discuss the differences or answer any questions.

1491696_791853310857813_8794261092498743480_n.jpg

This version was made for the special operations community featuring a 14.75" barrel with Surefire MB and features a folding stock.
HS_308.jpg

Last edited:
I have one on my R700. Love it. Can change buttstock to whatever and with the pistol grip it's like shooting an AR. Very nice chassis overall. Lightweight if you are using your rig for hunting!

Right now my rifle has the laminate thumbhole and I would like to make it more of a long range rifle. The Drake looks pretty promising.

Hey Gents
Take a look at our Drake Hunter Stalker LWSS chassis. These are highly up-moded from the original MDT LSS design that has some major ergonomic differences over the original commercial version made by MDT. The Hunter Stalker LWSS chassis are made exclusively for DRAKE with to our specifications. Our latest version has an extended forend where the top rail aligns with the bottom forend. All Hunter Stalker LWSS chassis are are also right and left hand capable on the same chassis.

Here is a few that are leaving the shop as either a complete custom HUNTER STALKER rifle system(s) or Hunter Stalker chassis only conversion. You can see both the extended forend version in the pic as well as the original shorter forend shown in the right that was done as an upgrade on the Rem 700 ADL profile rifle as shown.

Chassis are available for both the Remington 700 short and long action as well as the Savage Model 10's and Savage Model 110.

If you have an interest, please let me know. I would be more than pleased to discuss the differences or answer any questions.

This version was made for the special operations community featuring a 14.75" barrel with Surefire MB and features a folding stock.
HS_308.jpg

I'm really liking these with the extended forearm. Can they be ordered without the top rail attachment?

It is overkill for my purposes.

Yes absolutely. We have both long and short top rail options. If you already have a top rail we can leave that out. Best option would be for you to reach out to us and we can set you up with what components you actually need. You can reach me in my direct line as well 631-905-1217 or send me an email [email protected]

I got an LSS off of the prize table at a match last weekend. I grabbed it with the intention of putting together a 20" 223 for my wife and kids to play with. Was thinking about putting an xlr butt stock on it. What butt stock is pictured above and it that MTDs folding adapter?

I have a lss chassis on my 18in tikka t3 stainless 308 and I love it. I you don't like the grip or stock you have simply change it. I couldn't ask for more and it's a great value for the money.

Also as part of the hunter stalker system we have made upgrades to the center section that allow for more pistol grip varieties. We even made relief cut provisions so pistol grips with upper protective ears such as the Ergo grip ( standard on the Stalker rifles) could be used.

Drake do you have a showroom?
Ive been trying to get my hands on the LSS to see how it feels.
Im on the island too.
You a member of LIF?

The top piece is a bit much.
Dont see the need/use at all. Seems like it makes the scope MASSIVELY tall.
would be interested in hearing more about the main chassis as to how it compares to the LSS

The scope shown was a customers glass with Larue obr mount. The center of bore to center of scope is consistent with other systems in use with the military. As mentioned this was a customers kit we bore sighted up for him.

Typically we use a low profile mount with a 40mm objective on this rifle system. You can see the low profile set up in the special operations version as shown in the earlier pic

As for being on Long Island if you need to see the chassis systems we will have them commercially available at Dark Storm Industries in East Islip as well as other outfits. They will have deliveries starting this week.

I have a Remington Seven in 0.308 WIN that sits in a LSS stock it works very good but I have a problem with the barrel the contour is too heavy and I have to find a solution for that
get an LSS I don't think you'll be disappointed
As for the Hera arms folding unit' it's working OK but it does not lock and I would not recommand it
Good luck

The scope shown was a customers glass with Larue obr mount. The center of bore to center of scope is consistent with other systems in use with the military. As mentioned this was a customers kit we bore sighted up for him.

Typically we use a low profile mount with a 40mm objective on this rifle system. You can see the low profile set up in the special operations version as shown in the earlier pic

As for being on Long Island if you need to see the chassis systems we will have them commercially available at Dark Storm Industries in East Islip as well as other outfits. They will have deliveries starting this week.

Was just at DSI the other day, I'll ask to see one next week.

I wanted to use the LSS on my 300WM build, but with a 30" bull barrel, it looked to have to short of forend and the weight would be off.

I think I will go with the Tac21 instead.

Hey Gents
Take a look at our Drake Hunter Stalker LWSS chassis. These are highly up-moded from the original MDT LSS design that has some major ergonomic differences over the original commercial version made by MDT. The Hunter Stalker LWSS chassis are made exclusively for DRAKE to our specifications. Our latest version has an extended forend where the top rail aligns with the bottom forend. All Hunter Stalker LWSS chassis are are also right and left hand capable on the same chassis.

HS_308.jpg
How much is the extended version? just the chassis without buffer tube, stock and top rail. I might be interested in just the chassis and the rails at 3, 6 and 9 O'clock.

Thanks

How much is the extended version? just the chassis without buffer tube, stock and top rail. I might be interested in just the chassis and the rails at 3, 6 and 9 O'clock.

Thanks

Good question you have. We sell these as complete boxed system / kit, however you can reach me direct 631-905-1217 to make to discuss the chassis, caliber needed, etc...
Thanks
Chris Drake

Good question you have. We sell these as complete boxed system / kit, however you can reach me direct 631-905-1217 to make to discuss the chassis, caliber needed, etc...
Thanks
Chris Drake
I just went to your website. On some pictures the FDE stock does not match the color on the receiver and on some does. What's up with that?

I just went to your website. On some pictures the FDE stock does not match the color on the receiver and on some does. What's up with that?

You have a good question - Buttstock on that kit was shown does not use standard Cerakote colors as an exact color match. This rifle shown as one of our prototype rifle systems. We are in the process of possiby OEM'ing the stock to our color specs with some possible ergonomic advancements.

I have two immediate solutions for you if you wish.
1) If you need an exact color match I would recommend using the Magpul CTR in Flat Dark Earth as this matches the Cerakote. We can provide you with this if you wish in stead of the one with the adjustable cheek riser.
- Or -
2) if you wish we can Cerakote the buttstock that is shown in the pic to match with Cerakote H265 Flat Dark Earth.

Feel free to give us a call and we can handle this for you.

I liked that MDT offers Lefty versions for Savage and Tikka. Customer service was great.