• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Tac21 Chasis and aftermarket actions

Jackie_Daytona

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2014
NE Florida
Anyone know if any aftermarket actions fit or if the MDT can be cut to fit aftermarket actions such as Spiller, GAP Templar, or Surgeon? Or is it solely made to fit Rem 700? I would assume that, because of the integrated rail on the Templar or Surgeon for example, the MDT would not accept them.

I didn't know if anyone had any experience in modifying the MDT chassis in these types of circumstances.

From My experience, In most case those actions will not fit. I have to say most because I have not seen all the Stiller ations. The Housing for the receiver on MDT is round and the fit is very, very tight. I had it on a SPS. So any of the octagon shaped (GAP) actions are no go. Also, any actions that have the bolt release on the side (Surgeon) are no go. As the MDT requires the standard 700 recoil lug, so any variations are also no go. The action would have to have the same specs/body as the standard 700.

We do have some customers that use Stiller and Surgeon actions, but most of them would have had to make some modifications. For example with the Surgeon I have seen them with a slot milled on the left to allow for the bolt release.
You would indeed need a Remington 700 profile. You can get some more compatibility if you switch out the trigger group to something else such as Timney.