• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT XRS for CZ 457 - does it come with an integral recoil lug?

Gil P.

Blank
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
I want to order this chassis, in wondering if it comes with an integral recoil lug, an extra one, or if I need to use the one that came with the rifle from CZ.

Can't answer the question and I did look on their site as well as download directions but I can say the stock is solid and feels great. Ordered one for a Rem700 and it arrived today. I also have a LSS and a LSS-XL and I can't say for sure but the FDE panels in the summer sun may make the XRS my more favored. Time will tell. It is super nice there isn't anything else to buy like buttock or grips.

Reactions: Gil P.
I ended up emailing them. They do not supply a recoil lug or have an integral one. Luckily, CZ USA had on in stock for $9.

I hope it works well for you. I'm thinking the plastic panels will be nice in the summer too.

Also, I had to run a chaser tap into my cheek piece screw holes as one screw couldn't contact the rod. 1/4×20. Took 60 seconds and is perfect now.

Th
Also, I had to run a chaser tap into my cheek piece screw holes as one screw couldn't contact the rod. 1/4×20. Took 60 seconds and is perfect now.
That is very good to know, thanks for the info.

How are you liking the changeable grips?

I liked the angled one more than I thought I would have but installed the vertical anyway, my normal. Watch when changing grips. The screws have washers. Took 10 minutes to find the last one on my dirty shop floor. They are rubber and very very grippy. Buttpad is very grippy also. I'll be adding a pic rail for a bypod and removing both swivel studs. Also will fingers a neoprene or foam cheekpad as its a little slick. Most are.

Reactions: Gil P.
How's the distance from the grip to the trigger?
For comparison, the McM A6 is a bit of a reach for me. AI chassis and the KMW Sentinel have been comfortable.

Stumbled on this post and wondered if the op got this stock? I was looking at it also for a CZ 457 and wanted to know how you like it? Any problems inserting the mags into the magwell? If you got it please post a couple pictures, one being the magwell area with a mag inserted.

Sir I too would like to know how has the stock been holding up. Did you notice any improvement of the accuracy over the standard stock?