• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT XRS or Cadex Strike Nuke?

cruikshank

Sarge
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Building an NRL22 rifle for my 13yo son and I to compete with. We are pretty far away from the matches, and I’ve never personally had my hands on any MDT or Cadex product.

I see the MDT is around a pound lighter. And there is a whole proven system with the Ckye-Pod. But aside from aesthetics, I don’t have any way to really make a decision between the two. They’re both around the same price point.

I’m just looking for some opinions/experiences. And maybe some things I’m not thinking about, considering I’ll be sharing this rifle with a 13 year old.

It’s going to be a RimX action with an 18” barrel if it matters.

Thanks in advance.

I held the xrs and played with it, quite nice. I’ve got of the Strike Nukes and they are the bomb! Honestly having me question why I need a full blown chassis it is so nice. Check features and adjustment options for both, you’ll like either. Personally I like the Cadex.

Reactions: cruikshank
I have an XRS definitely great for that price point. Solid build as per usual with MDT. Had some issues with mag fit on accurate mag so I hit them up and they are sending me a shorter mag catch. Awesome service!

your buying him one of either of those two chassis ? you sir are a good man I asked my father if he would help me buy my first gun many years ago . And the only thing he did was buy a lawn mower and inform me that I own him for 1/2 the cost then "to help me pay off that debt" he proceeded to find me grass cutting jobs none less than a mile away and to be nice none further than 2 miles and that I would fill his truck gas tank every time I needed a ride and that the truck rental would cost me 1/2 of what I earned per job and on top of that I had to cut our yard free of charge as I lived there and somehow owed them that . feeling like I was getting hosed but wanting that gun I did work that off lawn mower cost and paid for own my first gun and after a summer or two had enough houses to save up and bought my own first car complain as I did about being forced into paying for a lawn mower I did not originally want I had to admit it did work out pretty good . Are you by chance looking to adopt I am not above cleaning windows :giggle::giggle: I love my mdt but still wanting to try the cadex chassis someday so id say either one would be a wonderful gift and or a great choice for a gift .

I don’t have any experience with the MDT but my sister has a strike nuke and it’s very nice. I know 3 guys running them on 22s and centerfire rifles.