• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Memorial Day Watch List?

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman
With Memorial Day around the corner... What are some films/ shows I should watch or Re Watch?

Movies:
Saving Private Ryan
Full Metal Jacket

Mini Series:
The Pacific
Band of Brothers
Generation Kill

What else should I consider?

Couple of my favorites:
Platoon
Tears of the sun
Under Siege
We were soldiers
Black hawk down

Midway
A few episodes of World at War
Victory at sea
Battle of the bulge
12:00 high
Green berets

Edit: The original midway...not that bs a year ago

Last edited:
Reactions: EddieNFL
I always like to watch the sunrise with a cup of strong coffee while on my annual Memorial Day camping trip.

I think about my grandpa running a flamethrower and burning out Nazi pillboxes.
My old friend Ed who was on Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal.
Friends who returned from Iraq a shell of their former self.

I remember all those I didnt know too. From the Revolution to today who have given everything.

But, I am not a movie guy. I like books and thoughts.

There’s a program Vietnam by ken burns about the Vietnam war that’s well done! Siege at fire base Gloria is another!

Like Powdahound, I'm not much of a movie watcher. However, I recently viewed Restrepo and its sequel Korengal, and found them powerful depictions of fighting in Afganistan.

Extraction was pretty cool.

More of a reader than a watcher. Just finished rereading Bud Day American Patriot. He grew up 25 miles from my home, a legend around here. Starting soon on Ploesti: The Great Ground-Air Battle of 1 August 1943. The co-writer of the book was a member of the bomb group that participated in the raid who lived 30 miles from here. The father of a classmate was a door gunner on the raid.

Reactions: Davo308 and Tono
More of a reader than a watcher. Just finished rereading Bud Day American Patriot. He grew up 25 miles from my home, a legend around here. Starting soon on Ploesti: The Great Ground-Air Battle of 1 August 1943. The co-writer of the book was a member of the bomb group that participated in the raid who lived 30 miles from here. The father of a classmate was a door gunner on the raid.

Cross the Bud Day overpass regularly. Had the honor of meeting him a couple times.
unnamed.jpg

"Memorial Day" - watched for the first time last weekend and highly recommend.

"Flags of Our Fathers" - all time goodie.

No one's mentioned Hacksaw Ridge yet? Man. Great movie and sans blood and gore is suitable for younger ones. Not your typical war movie when it comes to language, no real nudity, either.

Reactions: Tono
The neighbors 19, and 21 year old daughters home for a 3 day weekend............:oops:

Just kidding, but it would be better than any of these movies...........

Although I have it memorized, I enjoy heartbreak ridge

I watched the Hun pilots the other day, it was pretty good, more documentary. Really interesting hearing the stories about flying that plane.

I still find the depiction of battle in The Thin Red Line to be good. Its "artsy" but well shot.

With Memorial Day around the corner... What are some films/ shows I should watch or Re Watch?

Movies:
Saving Private Ryan
Full Metal Jacket

Mini Series:
The Pacific
Band of Brothers
Generation Kill

What else should I consider?
Full metal jacket is one of the top 2 most overrated movies of all time...don’t insult the dead with that shit!

bench

Reactions: brianf