• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Meopta B1 Plus 10x42's

Flywheel

Dude
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2013
Hells Circle - Texas
Good Morning Shooters,

I am looking for some user feedback for these binos, tell me what you like/what you don't like. In the same price range, would you look towards another set of glass, or are these pretty much the standard in the range? I'm planning on using these as my primary spotting method for a max range of 1k. Primary carry condition is by hand, I don't currently run a tripod, that's in the near future, just not now. I'm open to suggestions, trying to get the top 3 options before I drop cash.

Stay safe

Reactions: bman940
Following! I’m stuck between the Meopta Meostar b1.1 10x42, Kowa 10.5x44, and swaro slc 10x42.
I love the swaro but they’re $600 more than the others

I have the Meopta's and use them for PRS competitions. I don't think I am giving up anything to an other 10x42 out there. If I were to spend more money it would be on a set of 15's but not sure I would gain than much and I would stay with the Meopta.

Also would like to hear if the Kowa is as good as the Meopta B1 plus. I’m guessing not.

Meopta is an excellent optic. You will be impressed and save a little money over Swarovski

For the very brief time I spent looking through the Meopta B1 vs the SLC and EL. I could only very slightly see an optical increase in the EL from the SLC in resolution only. The Meopta vs SLC no difference I could visually see. This doesn't include low light or FOV. Simply comparing optic resolution, CA, and contrast. That said I'm really enjoying my Meopta Optika6 riflescopes for their respective price, I think they punch slightly above their $800 and $1000 price points. I'd likely take the Meopta B1+ over the SLC, unless they were the same price then maybe just the tried and true SLC would win me over. I could not see a difference worth the price of the EL vs the SLC and preferred the SLC ergonomics.

The MeoStar B1 Plus is tough to find right now. They literally just started arriving over the past few weeks. I have looked through mine at first and last light and can assure you they are up to the MeoStar quality you have come to expect. I had a chance to check out the Kowa's a month or so ago and to my eyes, it's a MeoStar win. But, just so you know, I do some freelance work with Meopta but that does not sway my opinion. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to look a the 2 binos side by side. Meopta Lifetime Warranty too.

The MeoStar B1 Plus is tough to find right now. They literally just started arriving over the past few weeks. I have looked through mine at first and last light and can assure you they are up to the MeoStar quality you have come to expect. I had a chance to check out the Kowa's a month or so ago and to my eyes, it's a MeoStar win. But, just so you know, I do some freelance work with Meopta but that does not sway my opinion. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to look a the 2 binos side by side. Meopta Lifetime Warranty too.
Bart, They're not tough to find, they're right on the shelf here in our warehouse :)

LOL, There you go! Good to know, Doug. I have had a few folks asking me where they can find the latest and greatest from Meopta, now I know where to send them! Thank you for letting us know and thank you for being a Sponsor here. I know you do a great job hooking 'hide members up.