• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meopta Optika 5

Maveroid

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2018
Anyone have any hands on with these yet? I’ve spoke with Erik at Meopta and he said the glass/coatings are the same as the optika 6, with a smaller tube, capped turrets, second focal plane, and 1” tube. Very interested to hear any first hand feedback about these. I could see them selling a ton of them at their price point if they are as good as the Optika 6.

I did a quick google search but wasn’t able to find much info on this line other than what Erik has told me.

V/R

Nick

Are all Meopota made in Europe, or are they pulling that "we will just slip in some China crap cause you are too dumb to know the difference?"

Anyone have any hands on with these yet? I’ve spoke with Erik at Meopta and he said the glass/coatings are the same as the optika 6, with a smaller tube, capped turrets, second focal plane, and 1” tube. Very interested to hear any first hand feedback about these. I could see them selling a ton of them at their price point if they are as good as the Optika 6.

I did a quick google search but wasn’t able to find much info on this line other than what Erik has told me.

V/R

Nick

I've only seen them at SHOT, so me real insight.

ILya

Reactions: Maveroid
Are all Meopota made in Europe, or are they pulling that "we will just slip in some China crap cause you are too dumb to know the difference?"

The scope says "Czech Republic", but does not say "made in".

The guy I talked to at SHOT this year said that they are assembled in Czech from mostly Asian, presumably Chinese, parts.

I do not have any insight beyond that.

ILya

The guy I talked to at SHOT this year said that they are assembled in Czech from mostly Asian, presumably Chinese, parts.

ILya
Thanks ILya, Chineese crap is out of favor at my house so I'll steer clear.

Reactions: Maveroid
I thought we agreed the glass was from Czech Republic?

ILya

Thanks llya

Thanks for the insight Llya! I asked Erik if these were still made in Europe and this was his response. “Yes sir; same factory in Czech Republic as our other products!” Thats all the info o received but if they work well, I’ll be getting 1-2 for a couple cheaper hunting guns. I just received the Optika 6 5-30 with your reticle but havnt been home to try it yet. Looking forward to seeing it in person!

This Chinese thing is a PITA across the board. At this point, I don't know what is made where. Obviously the vendor SHOULD know. Meopta being a vendor in this case. It does bother me. I don't want to give China any business, either. Is there ANY vendor/mfg that can guarantee they build and assemble all the product with parts/components NOT MADE IN CHINA? And I just bought two Optika6 scopes. No, they are not 5K scopes. Does a 5K scope have Chinese parts?
This begs a question. Are some Chinese made items excellent quality? I have to guess yes. The issue with China is more about giving an unfriendly nation our business.
I remember when "made in Japan" implied crappy quality. Now we know how that went.