• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Meopta Optika 6 or Burris Veracity

Jud96

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2019
Holt, Michigan
Hello all. I’m new to this forum but I’m pretty active on a popular hunting forum and have decided to branch out. I’m tossing around the idea of upgrading the optics on my .284 hunting rifle. This is my primary rifle I use for hunting from any range between point blank out to 700 yards. I have a bigger rifle for anything beyond that. I’m trying to keep price in the $600-800 range. Eventually I’ll upgrade into $1500+ optics, but for now I just want to take the next step up from the 4-16x44 Vortex HS-T I currently use.

I mainly just want a scope that’s a little more durable and has a couple more features over the HS-T. I have been looking hard at the Burris Veracity 3-15x50 and the new Meopta Optika 6 3-18x50. I’d like opinions and real world experiences with how these two scopes track and hold up to field use. I’m extremely easy and careful with my equipment, but I want something that can take a drop or fall and not bust or lose zero when I need it the most.

I like that the Veracity has a zero stop and I like the reticle very much. I’m an MOA guy, so that’s what I’m looking at. I also only have experience with SFP scopes, but I’m open to FFP scopes if the reticle isn’t too heavy on higher magnifications. I like that the Optika 6 has illuminated and Dichroic reticles available. I think an illuminated reticle would help with early morning and late evenings shots. I’ve personally never hunted with an illuminated reticle, so I’m not sure if it’s really going to add much or not. I realize both of these scopes are pretty new, but any opinions or help would be very appreciated. Sorry for the long post, I just want to get my thoughts all out there to give everyone a better idea of what I’m wanting and using it for. Thanks

Last edited:
I have the 4-20 Veracity on a hunting rifle. I have their MAD dial elevation turret and it tracks true. I like the reticle. My only complaint is the optic quality, particularly at the higher end of the magnification scale.

Reactions: Jud96
Giver your money to Czechs .
Schott glass, internals built in house to European standards ,no hard cranking turrets . Thats all they do is build optical devices for a long time
Really overlooked product.
Sport Optics has a discount , 4.5-27x50 (653595) Mil MIl you do not need to crank up 27 power low 20s works good. have a look

I have a Optika 3-18 with illuminated , 4C ret. Love the illuminated dot, but for my hunting , less than a hundred yards, it could actually be a lil larger. One thing is the illuminated dot is daylight visible usable in daylight. I was target shooting today with sun out and I could easily see the illumination . I tried the Dichroic & returned it for the battery illuminated. The dichroic did not work for me. Nice glass & crisp & clear, worth every penny & probably more. I had two Burris scopes years ago, can't remember the models, but the eyebox was horrible.

Compare apples to apples .
Burris will never be a meopta.
Meopta does not market to tacticool crowd or weekend warriors. They go about there business . Marketing is more towards research industry not sport optics.
Optika6 line is there way of quietly breaking into mainstream sport.

For the guys that have an optika6, what is the actual size of the dot in the bdc reticles? I've looked high and low but can't seem to find an answer. I was hoping they were 0.5 moa or smaller, but from what I've seen on the generic pics, they look closer to one moa.

I have the 4-20 Veracity on a hunting rifle. I have their MAD dial elevation turret and it tracks true. I like the reticle. My only complaint is the optic quality, particularly at the higher end of the magnification scale.

I have a 5-25 Veracity and disliked the glass so much that it took it off of one of my prairie dog rifles, I couldn't stand looking through it for hours on end. Otherwise a functional scope, but the glass is crap.

I haven't looked through an optika 6 but have a couple of other Meopta scopes and they're fantastic glass. Since I haven't seen an optika 6 I can't say that it's up to the standards I've seen out of Meopta, but I'm betting it is and I'd be inclined to look that way before the Burris. No more Burris Veracities for me, I'm not impressed with the one I have.