• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Meredith Ind. .308

nashlaw

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2006
manchester, tn
Just got to take my Meredith Industries .308 to the range. All i can say is ,"excellent."

i did not have time to bed it, so i torqued it into a Manners T, put a Leupold Mk 4 2.5-8 om
not the top and headed to the range. It was very informal as I only took one loading (155 SMK, 45.6 R15) and weather was less than optimal with a gusty wind and temp around 30.

Even with the unbedded stock, scope mag not optimal for groups, and a range hack like me yanking the bang button, the rifle did an awesome job. One 3 - shot group was a clean .5" at 100yds with the rest under .75". I am looking forward to load development and putting a higher mag scope on it for more load testing.

You may not like my 3 - holer groups, but I have heard 3 shots test the rifle and 5 test the shooter. Since my range time has been severely curtailed in the last few years, I have been using 3 shots.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Good to hear positive comments on Meredith. I have been on the verge of sending him some money for a while now.

I would love to see some pics of his work as well.... What is the saying on here "pics or it didn't happen" LOL

Seriously though.... If I PM'd you my email address, do you have some pics I could take a look at? I just haven't seen many that were close up.

Thanks

I played with a .300WM Meredith a couple of months ago, very impressive craftsmanship. I'd put Tooter's work up there with the best of them. When I can get some scratch together I'm gonna have him build me a rifle, just not sure what yet.