• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Midsize 9mm - Ambi Controls

MtnCreek

Moderater
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2012
Any suggestions on a mid sized (similar to G19) 9mm with Ambi Manual Safety and mag release? Ambi slide release is not a requirement. I would lean striker, but might would go with a da/sa. Use is training for my son. He has a SR22 (decocker) that he uses with a holster. He also shoots glocks, but I don't let him holster chambered. Thanks.

I really like the m&p 2.0 the compact is identical in size to the g19 and it has a manual ambi safety option. 4" and 3.6" barrel options. The mag release is reversible. The grip on these guns is amazing I feel. Interchangeable back straps also just like most of the polymer guns. You can pick one up for right around 400 bucks if you do a little looking too.

Not exactly a midsize, but a CZ 85 Combat might fit the bill. They're DA/SA, ambi-controls and 9mm. They don't make them anymore but you can probably snag one on gunbroker for a decent price.

Anyone have experience with a fns compact? It's a little on the small size, but feels pretty good just handling.

HK VP9 will answer all of your questions.

If you are concerned about Glock leg, then any pistol shares that concern.

When I think of Ambi Manual safety I think 1911

Striker normally dont have manual safety that is easy to get on' off

Sig 225 - single stack and 226- double stack - I can recall if they are ambi decocker or not?

If you are concerned about Glock leg, then any pistol shares that concern.

When I think of Ambi Manual safety I think 1911

Striker normally dont have manual safety that is easy to get on' off

Sig 225 - single stack and 226- double stack - I can recall if they are ambi decocker or not?

All of my Sigs, 229, 226, 220s are all setup for right hand shooters. I did have a 226 X5 Tactical that was SAO and had an Ambi safety though.

I'm going to give a tentative suggestion for the Cz p01 omega. Mine should arrive this week. Ambi decocker or safety.

Reactions: Novak77
I'm going to give a tentative suggestion for the Cz p01 omega. Mine should arrive this week. Ambi decocker or safety.

If I didn't live in California a P01 Omega would be on my short list.

Someone asked about that FNS9C......I have one that I carry daily. Very nice/under rated pistol. I was a little unsure about the safety at first, but now I actually prefer it. My second choice would be the M&P 2.0 compact. I have this pistol also. It’s virtually a Glock 19 clone without the shitty grip and junky sights. A bit more streamlined as well.

Someone asked about that FNS9C......I have one that I carry daily. Very nice/under rated pistol. I was a little unsure about the safety at first, but now I actually prefer it. My second choice would be the M&P 2.0 compact. I have this pistol also. It’s virtually a Glock 19 clone without the shitty grip and junky sights. A bit more streamlined as well.
Let me know if you've found a good source for FN mags and extensions. Thanks.

When I got my Ruger American Pistol 9 Pro, I gave some thought to the size and impediments to concealed carry. Well, apparently, so did Ruger when they developed the 9 Compact.

It has all the features I like (emphasis on the ambidex ones), and uses a shorter magazine, that probably/likely is also compatible with the appropriate magazine well adapter for the Ruger PC Carbine, which is a takedown rifle and can fit into a compact backpack. I am really sold on this particular compatibility. The 17 round mags intended for the full size version can also be used with a sleeve adapter that eases the ergonomic fit to work better with the smaller grip length of the Compact.

The full size version was designed with much input from a broad spectrum of users when the company was seeking to develop a new design to enter into the competition replacing the military's M9 Beretta. It was never submitted (?), but it's up to speed in my estimate.

Greg

Last edited:
My FNX9 has been excellent reliable shooter, not as nice a decocker as my Sig SP2022 but it's ambi everything, holds 17+1, eats everything I feed it though I don't buy much imported budget ammo. They're easily found under $550 and Muddy River Tactical makes a great Kydex IWB for them. Polymer lower has steel chassis like SP2022 also.

Any suggestions on a mid sized (similar to G19) 9mm with Ambi Manual Safety and mag release? Ambi slide release is not a requirement. I would lean striker, but might would go with a da/sa. Use is training for my son. He has a SR22 (decocker) that he uses with a holster. He also shoots glocks, but I don't let him holster chambered. Thanks.

HK P30