• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midway Has Joined CTD on my CRAP List

Easy to offer a good price on something out of stock.

But yeah, that's not a gouger price. Almost normal, in fact. But when I was able to outshoot Rem's "Golden Bullet" "Target" ammo as a teenager (DCM-issue Winchester White Box, anything Super-X whether target or not, all shot significantly tighter), I lost interest in their rimfire stuff.

Later, for a student club rifle team, I tested commonly-available stuff and it didn't get any better. Anything Super-X, Federal Champion, and even CCI Mini-Mag solids all shot more accurately than Remington. The Viper stuff was the worst. Tested in three rifles.

Thanks for pointing me to that--backorder is okay, which is encouraging. I'll just leave that stuff for someone else.

Unfortunately Brownells and most other sites don't carry some of the stuff Midway does. I think there are much better places to go shopping for ammo and reloading supplies though. It's the odds and ends type of stuff that pretty much makes me go back to Midway.

NORMA has always been pretty high stuff. I mean imported from Norway...? What do you expect? Their import numbers into the US of A have always been some what limited. That's kind of like raising a fuss because you bought a Mercedes instead of a Cadillac and paid more for it and they look the same and run about the same. Do some reading before fussing.

So tell me where I can buy Remington Yellow Jacket bricks for $15.95 like I used to.

1911fan

I never said that I can find stuff as easily as I once use the, simply that I've yet to pay higher for what I do buy.

I haven't bought 22lr in two years, and thanks to hoarders don't look to be buying any soon.

I've bought two boxes of 22LR in the last 5 days...HOARDER!

Fed Automatch from Cabelas (IIRC, $19), CCI AR Tactical from Bass Pro ($25).

I've seen more rimfire ammo in the last week than the last four months, so perhaps that is a good sign?

Just happened to be looking for some ammo. CTD is on my shit list as well. I checked several different sites, CTD was at least $10 per box higher than the other sites. Pretty bad.

Midway's on my Shit List for another reason. The fact that if you order powder and primers at the same time you get shafted by TWO hazmat fees. They have to ship from two separate locations for some reason or other. I just order from someone else and pay a single hazmat. Sorry Midway "No Soup for You".

Is there anyone that will ship powder and primers together? I've paid two hazmats from every vendor I've used (Wideners, Grafs, Midway, Midsourh)

Subsonic 22lr is generally more expensive than standard velocity 22lr ammo. And, as has been said, the name Norma commands a premium. Norma brass (center fire) tends to be more expensive than Lapua.

I gotta go with the majority on this one, that's no reason to get pissed with Midway. I really haven't seen them jack the price on anything.

You're really not going to find imported 22LRs cheaper than the vicinity of $6 a box and it goes up from there. I've never shot Norma, and don't plan to, SK and Wolf fill my needs but if it's similar to SK Jagd Standard Plus or Wolf Match Target, the cheapest target grad ammo out there, they typically run about the same price.

Best prices I've see are at Wally World. At least you (used) to get a brick of 500 for about $15.00. Does that date me?

Midway pricing isn't the problem. It's the limits and high shipping that make certain items a bad deal. Seems that they want to make additional profits from shipping. Because of the limits i won't use them any more.

I detest any business that charges more than I use to pay for anything.
DISCLAIMER: For the sarcasm impaired, the above statement is intended to be sarcastic.

The fact about Midway is that they are not the cheapest around but when they say they have it in stock it is and they ship quickly. And, when I am looking for lots of very different items they are probably the best place to find them in one place vice shopping at various and incurring multiple shipping charges. I am not wedded to them and always shop around various places but in the end I use the place that can get it to me the quickest for the cheapest and that is hard to do sometimes.

The fact about Midway is that they are not the cheapest around but when they say they have it in stock it is and they ship quickly.

But when they don't have it in stock and take a backorder, they just keep rolling the "ship date" back, and back, and back. I've ordered based on their projected availability date only to end up cancelling after they roll the date back 3 or 4 times. What ticks me off is that I then order it from another company that has the part in stock and received it back around the time that Midway gave as a first "ship date".

My current policy is to "Use Midway Last" as a source and only if they have the item in stock. I also only order what can be shipped via USPS in a Flat Rate Box. For me, UPS can take two weeks and often the USPS box arrives in 3-4 days.

But when they don't have it in stock and take a backorder, they just keep rolling the "ship date" back, and back, and back. I've ordered based on their projected availability date only to end up cancelling after they roll the date back 3 or 4 times. What ticks me off is that I then order it from another company that has the part in stock and received it back around the time that Midway gave as a first "ship date".

My current policy is to "Use Midway Last" as a source and only if they have the item in stock. I also only order what can be shipped via USPS in a Flat Rate Box. For me, UPS can take two weeks and often the USPS box arrives in 3-4 days.
I have played that game with them too but I now refuse to order anything that is out of stock. I have seen the dates roll over for months and drives me nuts.

Norma usa tac 22 i bought it for 5.40 per box of 50 from midsouth a while back when they first went on sale , i shot 300 rds out of my ruger 10/22 and imo i will put this up against cci mini mag all day long as far as accurcey, i really likle it and not to loud at 1100 fps, i have 4k rds on back order tru bullets .com but they have no eta yet. Joebobss

Has anyone noticed that everything is going up? Its because the fed keeps printing money with nothing to back it. The value of the dollar is falling. Welcome to inflation 101!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk