• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midway product notification

OldLeatherneck

Jarhead 4th class
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2007
Springfield, Illinois
I recieved a notification for some 9mm bullets that i wanted at 7:32 this morning and i called then at 8:10 and they were already sold out. WOW that was fast. The guy said 9mm bullets are flying off the shelves. That would be an understatement. I quess i will have to stay glued to my computer so the next time i can call within 5 minutes.

There is more time built in between when you get the e-mail and when the product actually gets restocked and listed as available on their site.

For example...I had an item on a "Wish List" at Midway for the better part of 8mos until last month. I've been signed up for, and re-signed up for, product availability notifications all throughout that time. I happened to be on the site trying to help a buddy of mine locate an item he needed when I looked at the product I've been waiting for which, wouldn't you know it, was listed as IN STOCK!! I stopped what I was doing, immediately logged in and placed an order and it arrived 4 days later. The day after I placed order (roughly 18hrs or so later to be exact)...I got an e-mail notice that the product I wanted was back in stock, but naturally, when I clicked the link...OUT OF STOCK, NO BACKORDER. Had I not coincidentally been on the site and looking when I found it, I'd surely have missed my chance based on getting an e-mail from them. Don't know if there were that many people on the notice list ahead of me that delayed their e-mail (I doubt it as it was NOT an AR-related item, mags, etc.), but for whatever reason, their e-mail notice system doesn't send out notices when the product is relisted on the site...there is a delay of some sort, likely varying in the amount of the delay.

Yeah - I've also experienced what ORD is talking about. Midway's email system is not instant notification. I've been browsing my wishlist to see that an item is currently in stock and I haven't received my email yet. Then it goes out of stock...still never received the original "it's in stock" email.

I created a thread to help with managing the locating of hard to find items. If you see something that's been hard to find, place your order, then post where to find it in this thread. Likewise, you can post what you're looking for and some guys already know where's it's at.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/options-accessories-sale/183787-hide-seek.html

Refresh your wish list often to get high-demand items from Midway.

On a broader scale, I hear that there are computer programs / apps that allow buyers to act quickly. I think one notifies you instantly if a webpage changes (such as an item changing from out-of-stock to in-stock). There's supposedly another that shops on your behalf, and will automatically buy a particular item from a particular retailer the instant it becomes available. I'm no computer guru, so forgive me if my interpretation is flawed, but it explains how online retailers sell out so quickly on some items.

ditto, I don't even bother signing up for notices w/Midway anymore (more often than not, for me, I've never rec'd an 'in stock' email from them)....

I've recently started to use a browser plugin to monitor the pages and alert me of changes, the midway pages take a little extra finagling to work right due to the way they are laid out, but much better than hoping to get a notification from their email system.

Refresh your wish list often to get high-demand items from Midway.

On a broader scale, I hear that there are computer programs / apps that allow buyers to act quickly. I think one notifies you instantly if a webpage changes (such as an item changing from out-of-stock to in-stock). There's supposedly another that shops on your behalf, and will automatically buy a particular item from a particular retailer the instant it becomes available. I'm no computer guru, so forgive me if my interpretation is flawed, but it explains how online retailers sell out so quickly on some items.
tag for more info on this

I can beat that. Forget the product, but the email was time stamped 1700. I checked at 1707 and...sold out.

I have similar experiences with Midway's notification process. Often I get the e-mail and by the time I hit the link they are out of stock. Last week I was on their website and saw one of my items was back in stock and I hadn't gotten a notification yet. I went ahead and ordered the item. It was delivered before I received a notification and of course it was out of stock when I checked on it again.

What ever system they are using is broken.

Guns

It is frustrating to be sure. I browsed their site last Sunday and found a bunch of suitable bullets that had been in short supply as well as several batches of blemished bullets at as much to half off regular prices! All of the blems appear to be of Hornady manufacture; .308-208gr hpbt, .224-75 gr hpbt, and 50 gr ptbt and several different types of bullets for my ole .30-30 including the Flex tip LeverRevolution bullets.

The complete order was on my porch when I got home from work Wednesday afternoon!

These are tough times and the stampede is ongoing.

Silence

Walmart also has a notification system for out of stock items. But, they never get back to you at all.

Lock and Load! :D

I found that when I get the Midway notification and they are sold out that if I go to say Brownells (or any other Midway competitor) and search for the product that it might be in stock. The manufacturers ship product in batches to their vendors. If one vendor gets something it is likely that other vendors will be getting it too.

I see it on Gunbot.net when a certain type of ammo comes in. Suddenly 2 or 3 vendors list the same ammo and it gets sucked up within minutes. You can try non-gunbot vendors too they may have received a shipment around the same time.

Snagged some 77gr SMK's last week doing this and got some CCI Stingers the other week.

You gotta be quick. My iPhone with email setup helped me get the jump on the 168 gr SMK's when they came back the first time lately. That's all I've put on my wanted list that's gotten in stock. My Mini 14 thirty rounders are due in soon, hopefully I've got a quick draw then too!

I've had good luck with items that have nothing to do with ammo or reloading components. Remember, a lot of folks have smart phones nowadays. Easy to get the email and order no matter where your at....