• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midway shooting mat - on sale!

Not for 40 bucks.

I have a little tab gear that I use, its great and it packs up tiny but its not padded and more expensive. If I were to buy one that wasnt on a size restriction it would be the midway.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
It’s definitely a bang for your buck mat. Nicely constructed and padded for $40. I got mine in a few weeks ago. Loving it. Doesn’t pack small though.

I used the midway pro mat for almost 5 years before retiring it. Bought mine during Black Friday sale for around the same price, great deal, definitely got my money’s worth out of it. Only thing, which isn’t a negative by any means, was the padding. I used it non stop basically every weekend, and after 4 years the padding started to break down. It took years so don’t think it happened overnight. Once the padding broke down to the point of being uncomfortable, I took it to a alteration shop and had them remove the old foam, and put in some thicker closed cell foam. The only reason it was retired, was bc the stake holes tore out, and the non slip underside material wore through.
When I replaced it, I bought the midway half acre when it was on sale for 69.00 and it was like a luxury bed. To make it even more plush, I had the same alteration shop add in another layer of foam to the knee and elbow areas, and add through gromets in the areas the feet of my Farley rest sit so they could contact and dig into the ground. I’m two years deep on the half acre so far.
For the money, the pro series can’t be beat. Buy it and you’ll have no regrets, unless you lay on a half acre mat.

I have this mat from the sale. Used it two times so far and love it. Only down side is that if the ground is wet from snow or mud than it will soak through. I'm thinking some spray on waterproofing should do the trick.

Mine is going on 3 years without a problem. Tough to beat for $40...

I used the midway pro mat for almost 5 years before retiring it. Bought mine during Black Friday sale for around the same price, great deal, definitely got my money’s worth out of it. Only thing, which isn’t a negative by any means, was the padding. I used it non stop basically every weekend, and after 4 years the padding started to break down. It took years so don’t think it happened overnight. Once the padding broke down to the point of being uncomfortable, I took it to a alteration shop and had them remove the old foam, and put in some thicker closed cell foam. The only reason it was retired, was bc the stake holes tore out, and the non slip underside material wore through.
When I replaced it, I bought the midway half acre when it was on sale for 69.00 and it was like a luxury bed. To make it even more plush, I had the same alteration shop add in another layer of foam to the knee and elbow areas, and add through gromets in the areas the feet of my Farley rest sit so they could contact and dig into the ground. I’m two years deep on the half acre so far.
For the money, the pro series can’t be beat. Buy it and you’ll have no regrets, unless you lay on a half acre mat.
You going to add a cup holder and sunshade in Version 2.0?

Used mine for the first time today. Ordered it in December and got it two weeks ago. Its a pretty decent mat for the price, really can't go wrong with it.

I had one then gifted it but will be ordering another one. I'm currently using a lululemon mat for the range. Also waiting for their drag bags to go on sale.

I have this mat from the sale. Used it two times so far and love it. Only down side is that if the ground is wet from snow or mud than it will soak through. I'm thinking some spray on waterproofing should do the trick.

There is a guy in the PX selling waterproof shooting mats that are non padded, I just put it below the padded mat.

Had mine for years.... love it. It's held up very well. Easily will last many more years.

They've been out of stock on the "half-acre" model for a long time. I've been wanting to try it.

I have several of these and IMO can't be beat for the price. Use to live in west TX and when they would get several hundred stickers in them from a weekend shooting match, they would just go into the trash.

I lost mine last week somehow. So I ordered a replacement Wednesday. Now I’ve found the original and gotten an email saying there on sale...but hey maybe my luck will be better used on the range, or better yet, the lottery.

Reactions: Geno C.
Pro series @34.99 or Gen 2 @ $69.99?

gen 2 seems to be heavier denier fabric, full padding .5", waterproof on bottom, but the weight is 3# vs 6.5# for the original??? guessing that's a typo (with heavier fabric and full padding, it's gotta be heavier).

Pro series @34.99 or Gen 2 @ $69.99?

gen 2 seems to be heavier denier fabric, full padding .5", waterproof on bottom, but the weight is 3# vs 6.5# for the original??? guessing that's a typo (with heavier fabric and full padding, it's gotta be heavier).

Thanks for reminding me there were multiple generations. Make me feel a lot better than I paid $69 last week since eI got a series 2 Pro series. The Normal Pro series is the one I linked above on sale for $34

Thanks for reminding me there were multiple generations. Make me feel a lot better than I paid $69 last week since eI got a series 2 Pro series. The Normal Pro series is the one I linked above on sale for $34
they are both on sale just trying to decide which is the better pad to get..

they are both on sale just trying to decide which is the better pad to get..

I like the pocket setup on the gen 2 Pro series. Something about having them on the actually mat within reach rather than out on the flap works for me. It’s a small detail but hey..

You guy's that have the Pro series mat, is the mat long enough for your knee's to land on the paddiing or do they hang off when you use the bipod preload?

My knees fall within the padded area on the gen 2. I am larger guy at 6'4 and my ankles just fall off the padded area.

Good mat for the price. If you time it right, can get on sale for $40 with free shipping

Sweet. Thanks for tip. I just ordered one with free shipping after tagging on a bolt guide, which was also on sale.

I’ve quickly scrolled through this thread and I don’t think I saw this mentioned. Are these imported or made in the US?

Midway USA has the half acre mat back in stock! Get'em while they're hot! About $100 with shipping. Ordered mine and looking forward to trying it out!

I received my regular mat this week, and I'm impressed. It's much better quality than I expected for the money.
Thanks for the recommendations!

Reactions: Rog2069
My new Half-acre shooting mat arrived today after being out of stock for months (maybe a year).

The sales pitch is that it's BIG. And, it's PADDED. To transport it, it is FOLDED. It can't be rolled up like a regular mat.

I've also had the Midway Pro Series Competition mat for several years. It's a fantastic value. Good mat.

So, I unpackaged my new Half-acre mat.

It seemed big at first glance, as I laid it out on the living room floor. I went prone on it. Oh, baby.... the padding is NICE! Very comfortable.

Of course, I was curious... How much bigger than the Pro Comp mat is it? I grabbed my other mat, unrolled it and laid it on top of the Half-acre mat.

Get this... it's the EXACT same dimensions! It's NOT bigger. Here's my Pro Comp mat on top of the Half-acre mat.

Though it IS much thicker (with the padding). The Pro Comp mat is on top of the Half-acre mat here:

Here they are rolled / folded for transport:

LOL! The Half-acre mat looks a bit like a portable massage table!

So, while it's not bigger, it is a lot thicker due to the added padding. That should make it SUPER-comfortable, especially on the gravel shooting lines at my local range. I'll find out this weekend (if the weather holds out!).

ETA:
Just looked at the specs for each mat on Midway's website. If I had paid attention before, I would have seen the L x W dimensions are exactly the same.

Oddly enough, the NEW "Gen 2" Pro Comp mat is bigger! 2 inches longer and 1.5 inches wider.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brazo and manki77
OK... I "christened" the new Half-acre shooting mat today!

As I mentioned before, it's exactly the same size as the standard Midway USA Competition Pro shooting mat. But, it's MUCH thicker. It's got a really nice bit of padding. And, MAN... it is COMFORTABLE! You could seriously use this as a "guest bed" for a kid at home.

The shooting line at this range is a made of a strip of gravel (as you can see). A regular shooting mat is certainly WAY better than being directly on the gravel, of course. But, it's still HARD. If you kneel on a regular mat over the gravel, your knees will feel it. With the Half-acre mat? Comfy-cozy!
grinning.gif
Really!

I got spoiled REALLY quickly... Because when I moved from my Half-acre mat to my buddy's Midway USA Comp-Pro mat (to my left), to take a turn on his rifle, it was like going from a cloud to a slab of concrete!

So, for all my fellow old farts here (and the young'uns, too)... if you like to be COMFORTABLE, the Midway USA Half-acre mat is da bomb! I can HIGHLY recommend it! Easy on the elbows. Easy on the knees. Easy on the belly. You can even kneel on it comfortably. (y)

Every mat that is made of ripstop/waterproof material will get hot in the summer. Basically, unless it's a blanket it'll be hot.

I have a little roll up lightweight waterproof that I use when carrying gear, the comp pro mat by Midway for the trunk/stationary shooting.

Each one for diff purposes, but I really miss the padding when out of any rocky uneven terrain that isn't soft/grassy.

Heads up!
I got an email from Midway.
1/2 acre on sale $74.99
Pro gen2 $69.99
Free shipping code: MAY719FS

Reactions: SAMR
☝️Free Shipping doesn’t apply to the half-acre because of size/weight. I’m on the fence...is it worth $100? I mostly shoot at the house on a concrete patio.

☝Free Shipping doesn’t apply to the half-acre because of size/weight. I’m on the fence...is it worth $100? I mostly shoot at the house on a concrete patio.

YES! Worth it! Especially on a hard surface like concrete. I've only used mine once (range shooting line is a band of gravel). BIG difference in comfort between that and a standard shooting mat.

Reactions: clcustom1911