• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midway USA AICS good choice?

sotexhill

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2010
South Texas
I've been doing a lot of reading and some asking of questions. It looks like the following AICS at Midway gives me a top quality adjustable stock, detachable magazine bottom metal, and one five round mag for $865.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=661203

Am I missing something? If I get it, I would get my thirty year old Rem 700 ADL rebarrelled to something approximating a Remington 308 SS 5R. I'm happy with my Remington trigger set to 2.5 pounds.

Use would be mid-range F/TR and stationary blind hunting.

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Re: Midway USA AICS good choice?

I like my AICS and I'm having another rifle built in the same stock. You may be able to get it from one of the hide vendors for less though (since I can see them on the web for less). Not that I have anything against midway.

I didn't know that Midway had the AICS until I looked at the May flyer. Then I realized that the AICS bundle would be the same or less than a Bell & Carlson or McMillan adjustable stock plus bottom metal plus a magazine. And I wouldn't have to deal with inletting the stock for the bottom metal.

And AICS seems to have an equal or better reputation here for it's functionality than do McMillan or Bell & Carlson.

Reputation on AICS functionality is good, reputation on AICS ergonomics is hit or miss, depends on who you ask. Personally, after using Bell & Carlson adjustable and AICS, I prefer the B&C because it "fits" me better. Functionality wise, not sure what the criteria for determining that is, since they both "function" for what you want them to do, unless you are referring to the folding mech. on the 2.0. They are both heavy stocks though, and absorb recoil well.

Have not used either McMillan or Manners yet, other than feeling them at SHOT, so can't comment.

Lay behind one is all I can say. Some love the way it feels and some hate the way it feels but I don't think anyone will argue as to how great of a stock it is. What it comes down to though is how it fits YOU since you're the one who will be shooting. Some hate the way their hand falls & some love it.

The AICS stock is a love it or leave it stock - you'll either love and question how you ever did without one - or you'll hate it and clain its like shootig behind a 2X4. Personally I love mune and wouldn't dream of swithcing to anything else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><snip> Functionality wise, not sure what the criteria for determining that is, since they both "function" for what you want them to do, unless you are referring to the folding mech. on the 2.0.<snip> </div></div>

By functionality, I am referring to both function and maintaining that functionality over time through "robustness".

From the standpoint of function, I'd like to have the adustable LOP and cheek height for adjusting the stock to me in benchrest, hunting, and prone positions. And to maintain zero as much as possible.

For my projected use, the weight is an advantage rather than a detriment. I don't plan to take it on hiking trips. I know the B&C is adjustable for cant, but I can give that up if I have the LOP and cheek height adjustment.

is mile high's listed prices, as advertised? or do we get a break?

I love my AI stock, but it is on my AWP as opposed to the AICS stock for a 700. Personally, I love the "ergonomics" but others claim to not be too crazy about the feel.

Give Lin a call from Schryver gun sales. I bought my AI AE from him and couldn't be happier. He works hand in hand with MHSA.

815-938-9035

Retail prices at Mile High, Schryver, and Midway are very close.

Called Mile High and Schryver gun sales; Mile High said 5% off for Snipers Hide Forum members plus about $20 shipping. Schryver gun sales said about $840 shipped with a Snipers Hide member discount. Both prices about the same and about 5% less than Midway.

Midway didn't have the green, my preference, last time I looked. Mile High and Schryver both did.

I don't see Mile High or Schryver listed as Snipers Hide sponsors in the list on the left of this webpage. Is there somewhere else I should look to see a list of snipers hide vendors?

Again, thanks much for the help.
smile.gif

+1
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stratmeister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are a great chassis system. I prefer the 2.0 which folds and costs a little more though. </div></div>

and the folder is just as rigid as the non folder imo
whistle.gif

Before you purchase, you might want to consider this....

http://www.mcreesprecision.net/sp_pr_s.htm

I have heard nothing but praise for this system and have one on order for a custom suppressed build in the works. Scott's customer service is second to none, and the chassis system can be configured in a multitude of ways. I was looking at the AICS system myself until I came across this system. The pricing is very close to the AICS set up as well.
Steve

I got mine from Lin great guy. Its a love it or hate it stock, I love it and I have 2

Dustin

I have had two in the last year. Sold them and replaced with a5s. Cannot complain about
quality and the prices were less than I paid for
the mcm's. Then had to add botom metal. If
you browse the EE. You will find decent deals on them my last one I got from Terry Cross. was a 1.5 and was $750 shipped. The A5's I purchased last were $750. And badger bottom was 300, and 350

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SouthTexasHill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the EE? </div></div>

Sorry the post exchange here on the hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lay behind one is all I can say. Some love the way it feels and some hate the way it feels but I don't think anyone will argue as to how great of a stock it is. What it comes down to though is how it fits YOU since you're the one who will be shooting. Some hate the way their hand falls & some love it. </div></div>

+1

If you prefer a thumbhole style stock, you'll be real happy with this one.

I own the AICS 2.0 and a B&C, and hands down, I enjoy my AICS much more. But there is a significant weight difference between the two. AICS very rigid, and heavy. But most prefer the heavier weight anyway.