• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Midway USA has lousy customer service

WTF
Never heard such about ANY company. I've NEVER been told I had to wait to buy primers, but then again every time I've tried lately I'm just 30 seconds too late... I have seen where the Hodgdon site limits you to a certain amount of powder per month or something like that.
The assumption I made was they were confusing my orders with our son’s orders, but when I enquired, I was told this was not the case.

Reactions: mtrmn
Maybe the gougers are stealing our identities so they can order more than 2 bricks of primers every six months….

Well- maybe you need to try that supper skeezy new midway...... the one that shows up just under the real midway when you search for it.

Instead of just being midwayusa it is midwayusa.us---- looks like a good place to get scammed- but pretty sure you will have zero problems with how they package shipments!

It's crazy how long that site has been up- why hasn't it been removed yet?

Here’s pictures of a Midway order I received summer of last year. Notice the arrow pointing to the small item loose in the bottom of the box and the smashed LE Wilson box? Fortunately, they put the Mitutoyo Calipers (orange box) in the middle of the carton, but this was an expensive order, there were other expensive items in this order. And they are almost always packed with the inferior green airbags that hold nothing in place!

I worked for UPS during my university years and on the evening ”reload” which was all the commercial/retail customer pickups that are brought in sorted and reloaded on outbound trailers. Those outbound trailers have a time they must leave and the driver will close the trailer door even if pkgs are still coming down the belt to to make their departure time. So pkgs are tossed into the trailers, not to deliberately damage; to make the departure.

I was told when I called into Midway they have two million customers, so they have thousands of orders a day. All of the expensive items in this order should have been placed in a smaller box and sealed and then placed in the larger master carton. Having mdse directly against the outer cardboard just invites damage and a rough ride because it’s not packed tight.

Attachments

• CF349CCD-9985-45FE-8B5B-3C8AD2319983.jpeg
    CF349CCD-9985-45FE-8B5B-3C8AD2319983.jpeg
    423.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 4B4B39DC-881E-4462-A7E9-E1C27E5F0ABA.jpeg
    4B4B39DC-881E-4462-A7E9-E1C27E5F0ABA.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 23
  • D989D6C7-304F-4836-8AC6-86658E0F6E07.jpeg
    D989D6C7-304F-4836-8AC6-86658E0F6E07.jpeg
    429 KB · Views: 24
  • 26BB5BCD-1EBC-48FE-9075-2D2D7F8D71B9.jpeg
    26BB5BCD-1EBC-48FE-9075-2D2D7F8D71B9.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
This is another Midway order I received a couple weeks before Thanksgiving last year. Ammo directly against the cardboard, expensive dies that opened and were loose, books just stacked (they should have been bubble wrapped and taped in a bundle) this was an expensive order too.

Obviously, I called MIdway about these orders and their abysmal packing and even when speaking to someone in “Matt Fleming, Office of the President,” representatives are all trained to say these three things in various order: “Unfortunately,” “Not at this time,” ”I’m sorry,” with little incentive to fix the broken process.

Will I buy from them again? Sure! Why? Because if any of the stuff gets damaged they make it right! They have built into their business that they are going to get lots of calls on sorry packaging and with 2 million customers it must be working for them! Lol.

Attachments

• E6241EFF-12B0-4010-B8B0-636025A5C0FC.jpeg
    E6241EFF-12B0-4010-B8B0-636025A5C0FC.jpeg
    489.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 87CACD55-EC3E-4987-A0A1-B97CFEC375F6.jpeg
    87CACD55-EC3E-4987-A0A1-B97CFEC375F6.jpeg
    451.6 KB · Views: 26
  • AA7C69A1-8173-43AF-BD2C-4A92538EAB16.jpeg
    AA7C69A1-8173-43AF-BD2C-4A92538EAB16.jpeg
    459.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 56EA5286-A823-41B2-9EC0-D8B6ADBFCDE4.jpeg
    56EA5286-A823-41B2-9EC0-D8B6ADBFCDE4.jpeg
    549.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I'm definitely not taking the side of Midway here because I demand good customer service for my hard earned dollar, BUT as someone who lives in the same town and has worked for MidwayUSA...the warehouse hires anything with a pulse. Columbia is a liberal college town, so you can draw a fairly accurate conclusion as to why someone would ship expensive brass in a bubble mailer.
Help me to understand… Does Lapua sell “seconds” that do not come in their well known blue box with the white label? I cannot imagine someone in shipping opening the blue box and dumping the brass in a bubble mailer and tossing the blue box?? I’ve only known Lapua brass to come in the blue plastic container.

Help me to understand… Does Lapua sell “seconds” that do not come in their well known blue box with the white label? I cannot imagine someone in shipping opening the blue box and dumping the brass in a bubble mailer and tossing the blue box?? I’ve only known Lapua brass to come in the blue plastic container.
The blue box got pounded in shipping and broke open. The lid was actually broken off the box.

I too have found Midway's packaging to be a joke....I have also received shipments from them with a handful of boxes of ammo in a box far too large with essentially no stuffing to keep them in place. Result is they flew around during shipment, busted open the outer box, and in the one instance I'm thinking of I was lucky and all four boxes were still inside...bit shop worn looking but intact.

I think I saw where someone above worked in their shipping department...I was a bit surprised that they kept this logistics function in house vice outsourced. Their packaging looks like an outsourced contractor on a fix price contract's work.

The blue box got pounded in shipping and broke open. The lid was actually broken off the box.
Your clarification is very helpful. The blue box is moving freely in the bubble mailer ends up on its side and a heavy box gets thrown/dropped or falls on it in transit gets crushed, pops open with enough force and lid breaks off.

An important point to note is during high volume times/seasons pkgs are absolutely stacked and fittted together to the ceiling of the trailer. That‘s why packing correctly is so important as you could have many boxes stacked on top of your pkg; the trailers have upper and lower decks and rollers down the center of the trailer on the upper deck, all the way to the front. Those rollers allows the pkgs to be pushed via the conveyor right up into the trailer like a train and they encounter crush pressures if the belt is not shut off fast enough. Really heavy pkgs are placed on the floor.

Midway is out of stock to replace your brass and a $10 gift card on a future order is little solice (if they offered that). All of this could have been avoided and really shows how Midway is apathetic to fix this. Sure OP gets his money back, but a very difficult item is out of stock for months until the next shipment from FInland arrives. Fortunately, he found the brass elsewhere. I would be annoyed too, especially since it was all avoidable.