• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Midway USA ROCK'S

tipper

Minuteman
Oct 19, 2010
CA
& DPMS sucks
Have been waiting for a long while, the UPS truck came & went, left me with a box full of air pillows & a barrel in bubble wrap. My knife could not seem work to work fast enough. It was a 6.5 CM SS fluted 24", as I pulled it out of the bubble wrap something is wrong here, it's not fluted. On the phone to midway, they said send it back But did not have another one to replace it, then they gave me an 800 # to call dpms to see if they had one is stock. This is were it went down hill for dpms, told the rep what I had & that it was not fluted, he told me none in stock & 6.5 blanks were hard to come by. I ask him if the barrels were shipped to midway in the bubble wrap & he said yes , so barrel comes from dpms, is not fluted as marked on the sticker that dpms put on the bubble wrapped barrel, he tell's me it is not their problem & that I need to take it up with midway & they should not of told me to call dpms.
I called Midway USA back, I told them what dpms had to say & asked for a manager, this person(she) was very helpful & very sorry for the way dpms acted. I was told again I could send it back, but I had waited to long for it & that I would keep it & use it. She again ask if there was any thing Midway could do to help. I told her that dpms had screwed them & me by sending out a none fluted barrel as a fluted barrel to save a buck. She them said they would credit me back $50.00 & get the next fluted barrel that came in to me, & she would have a long talk with their dpms rep.

So Midway USA ROCK'S & dpms SUCK'S

Tipper,

No offense but why would you call DPMS to lodge a complaint? Midway U.S.A. is the customer who purchased the barrel. You are the end user. You should have continued to hammer Midway U.S.A. for sending out out the wrong product. I do not condone what DPMS did to you but do call call Taco Bell HQ when the local Taco bell screws up your order?

The barrel was wrapped up by dpms with sticker an bar code on it. With it wrapped up you could not tell it was not fluted, there for it is on dpms. can you not read

Error at factory should be dealt with by the factory I would think.

Error at factory should be dealt with by the factory I would think.

I disagree. Even though the error was made by DPMS- Midway is the retailer. DPMS does sell direct, but that was not their role in this transaction.

There are reasons- and this one of them- that MANY companies elect to sell wholesale only. They choose not to deal with purchases made by the individual consumer, and Midway should have respected their role in this particular transaction.

Actually, I would feel the opposite of the OP- and be pissed at Midway. What Midway did, was shirk off their responsibility, and ask YOU to contact DPMS- when it should have been Midway making the call.

Who do you think would have the most "pull" with DPMS, to get you the correct barrel? I would think a call from Midway's rep that handles the DPMS account, to the DPMS rep, would have carried more weight. Somewhere, there might have been a correct barrel to replace yours, had the proper leverage been applied. Maybe not, but Midway didn't even try...

I agree with wannashootit Midway passed the buck back to DPMS. Midway USA should have inspected THEIR order to be sure they received the proper order. Midway screwed the pooch in my opinion!! That is why they offered you the $50.00 gift certificate.

I disagree. Even though the error was made by DPMS- Midway is the retailer. DPMS does sell direct, but that was not their role in this transaction.

There are reasons- and this one of them- that MANY companies elect to sell wholesale only. They choose not to deal with purchases made by the individual consumer, and Midway should have respected their role in this particular transaction.

Actually, I would feel the opposite of the OP- and be pissed at Midway. What Midway did, was shirk off their responsibility, and ask YOU to contact DPMS- when it should have been Midway making the call.

Who do you think would have the most "pull" with DPMS, to get you the correct barrel? I would think a call from Midway's rep that handles the DPMS account, to the DPMS rep, would have carried more weight. Somewhere, there might have been a correct barrel to replace yours, had the proper leverage been applied. Maybe not, but Midway didn't even try...

You are so wrong, They did not ask me to call dpms, I asked them.

I agree with wannashootit Midway passed the buck back to DPMS. Midway USA should have inspected THEIR order to be sure they received the proper order. Midway screwed the pooch in my opinion!! That is why they offered you the $50.00 gift certificate.

You sir are even more wrong as you do not have any thought & can only agree or disagree.

I also agree that Midway should have handled the problem for you. When I had a problem with a Surefire muzzle brake I bought form Brownells they handled the problem and got the problem resolved thru Surefire without my intervention.

I also agree that Midway should have handled the problem for you. When I had a problem with a Surefire muzzle brake I bought form Brownells they handled the problem and got the problem resolved thru Surefire without my intervention.

So if the part is bagged & shipped to the retailer & it is wrong, broken or just plan fucked-up, who is at falt

So if the part is bagged & shipped to the retailer & it is wrong, broken or just plan fucked-up, who is at falt

Dpms screwed up to midway. Midway screwed you. It's on midway to check and make sure they recieved the right product before passing it along to customer. Dpms has nothing to do with midways transaction to you. You keep blaming dpms. And act like midway was the savior. Midway gave you a number to contact dpms to see if they had any barrels in stock. That's it. Not to complain about the wrong barrel in the package. They have nothing to do with you. It was midways transaction to you. Deal with midway, and midway can deal with dpms.

I bought a ruger mainspring housing assembly from Midway and they sent the wrong model, and it took almost a year to get. I called Midway and they said to send it back with a message explaining why it is the wrong part. They called me and said it was the correct part number and IF it was the wrong part it was Rugers fault. So I sent them a picture of the correct part from Rugers site and a picture of the part they sent me and pointed out the difference between a MKIII and 22/45 mainspring housing assembly. I told them it was their responsibility to get the correct part to the customer and they need to have a knowledgeable person to inspect products coming in and going out. It took another three months to get the correct part.

I didnt buy the part from Ruger, I bought it from Midway. SO it is Midways responsibility to get it right!

I dont buy from Midway anymore.

I bought a 40 round magpul mag from midway a while back. The stupid fedex man left the package on the car. The dog chewed up the box and the magazine. Called midway and they refunded my money since the mags had since went out of stock. So far they have been good to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I buy from Midway all the time and I have rarely had an issue with an order. I can think of two instances where there was shipping damage and they sent me a replacement at no cost. I have nothing but good things to say about Midway. In fact, my experiences have been so positive I'll go out on a limb and say anyone who says they suck should probably look in the mirror.

I don't know what arrangements Midway does or doesn't have with DPMS, so I won't comment on the OP's issue. However, it appears Midway is taking care of him.

DPMS is a known quantity and they are not known for a high quality product. You get what you pay for.......

Dpms screwed up to midway. Midway screwed you. It's on midway to check and make sure they recieved the right product before passing it along to customer. Dpms has nothing to do with midways transaction to you. You keep blaming dpms. And act like midway was the savior. Midway gave you a number to contact dpms to see if they had any barrels in stock. That's it. Not to complain about the wrong barrel in the package. They have nothing to do with you. It was midways transaction to you. Deal with midway, and midway can deal with dpms.

So in your mind every retailer should open every item shipped to them.

Yet again dpms continues to give me reason to steer away from anything they make.

No problems with midway here. I would have called midway and dpms. More so to let them know there was a problem so others didn't have to go through the same thing.

Proof positive that the correct answer on SnipersHide seems to always be "its Potterfield's fault".

IMO, Midway did all anybody could possibly ask them to do to "make it right".

Opening the packaging and visually verifying what was in there prior to sending to the OP would have prevented this issue on Midway's end...but then again a distributor would hope and should reasonably expect that manufacturers would ship exactly what the distributor orders. In this case, DPMS QC failed miserably.

So like most things...it could have been caught multiple times before it got to the end purchaser but was not. The retailer tried to make it right but the initial fuckup was with the manufacturer, and obviously Freedom Group is rubbing off on DPMS and their QC/CS.

It is common custom in the USA to follow something known as "privity of contract." Simply stated, this means that when you have an issue in a business dealing, it is customary to hold the prime contractor accountable. As far as the customer is concerned, a failing of the subcontractor becomes the prime contractor's fault. For instance, you engage in business with Midway (the prime), which subcontracted out the job of producing the barrel to DPMS. However, since your business is with Midway, a screw up by DPMS is a screw up by Midway unless there are clear terms and conditions noted during the sale abdicating any responsibility for the product. Can you imagine if you bought a "Fight Club" DVD at Wal-Mart, but inside the Fight Club packaged box the DVD turns out to actually contain "Brokeback Mountain", you take the DVD back to Wal-Mart and the CS rep suggests that you take the issue up with Sony or Universal? That is essentially what Midway did to you.

It's not really your problem or concern to how Midway deals with DPMS, and it was unacceptable of the first Midway rep to pawn their problem of dealing with a troublesome supplier to you. Midway is the big retailer holding all the leverage, and its pretty low to make the customer try to sort out nonsense like that. I'm glad that the manager you spoke to later took some positive steps to ameliorate the situation, but this instance does not really speak well of Midway's customer service staff, regardless of what your post title says. If you are happy with how Midway treated you, good; but it's another reason for me as to why Midway is a vendor of last resort for many others.

It's not really your problem or concern to how Midway deals with DPMS, and it was unacceptable of the first Midway rep to pawn their problem of dealing with a troublesome supplier to you. Midway is the big retailer holding all the leverage, and its pretty low to make the customer try to sort out nonsense like that. I'm glad that the manager you spoke to later took some positive steps to ameliorate the situation, but this instance does not really speak well of Midway's customer service staff, regardless of what your post title says. If you are happy with how Midway treated you, good; but it's another reason for me as to why Midway is a vendor of last resort for many others.

Yet if DPMS had the barrel in stock and was able to work something out with the OP on the matter would we even be seeing this ? Can you imagine if your local gun shop was in charge of warranty work on a firearm... I think the CS rep at midway was making a suggestion that could possibly get the OP back up and shooting faster since hes going straight to the horses mouth rather than having 3 parties playing phone tag to figure out a situation where the affected parties might have been able to right the issue. moreover with these being out of stock with everyone its a bummer that you'll have to wait but midway is doing what they can to make you happy.

The OP shouldn't have had to deal with this SNAFU at all; this was Midway's monkey to feed. Midway didn't deliver what the OP requested and then prompted him to sort out the mess. There's a reason certain vendors on this forum get high amounts of praise (MHS, GAP, Triad, Impact Data Books) and why some are often mentioned as vendors of last resort (CTD, Midway, Botach).

I don't understand how you can compare this issue to warranty work on a firearm; that's something totally different.

The OP shouldn't have had to deal with this SNAFU at all; this was Midway's monkey to feed. Midway didn't deliver what the OP requested and then prompted him to sort out the mess. There's a reason certain vendors on this forum get high amounts of praise (MHS, GAP, Triad, Impact Data Books) and why some are often mentioned as vendors of last resort (CTD, Midway, Botach).

I don't understand how you can compare this issue to warranty work on a firearm; that's something totally different.

And a company shouldn't be forced to inspect every product that enters the door because if we are going to open and check to make sure it is what it is I am now going to expect a form of quality control from them now also to make sure they are in spec before I buy.... And not just barrels every single product needs to be inspected every odd screw you buy needs to also be checked to make sure the threads are not messed up since we are holding the middle guy accountable.