• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mil-C vs H59; what do you like best?

I don't really care for the Mil-C, though i cater to tree reticles. I know it can be done with a GAP Mil, Mil-R/C, LLR Mil, etc. but when i get to a stage that i can't dial on the tree is simply more effective to me especially if a wind hold comes into play. I really like the H59, despite it being pretty busy. It would be my choice. Dunno what the purpose of the scope will be but if i was to run a NF it would have an H59 in it.

Thanks 5RWILL
I just shoot for fun, sometimes far out. Maybe one day I'll try one of these PRS matches, they look like fun. Started with reticles such as MilDot, P4FL, NP-R1 but switched to others such as EBR-2C and H58; they just make sens. Was curious about the Mil-C; wasn't sure if it was like a Mil-R but thinner.I understand the H59 with his thinner dot would be a bit better than the H58 for small groups, especially close up, say 100 meters, even though I was surprise by the accuracy allowed by the H58 at 200 meters, which is still real close. Also, on top of the possibility of using the tree, rather than the turrets, I like the ease of a fast and precise following shot with these reticles; love bolt actions, no doubts but they got to be rocknrolling on a semi auto. Got to find me a scope with a H59 reticle and look through it; maybe it will be love at first sight!

I'm not a tree reticle guy, I have a Mil-C and like it. Definitely easier to look at than the Mil-R

What are the biggest differences you see? I haven't been able to see a mil c in person and the 1 Miles r I saw was so long ago I don't really remember how thick it was.

I like the .2 mil subtensions across the whole reticle. It's easier to hold over/off with it. The Mil-R is .5 mil, then .2 mil after that, but it's a gap and then a hash. Makes it look like 1/3 mil. Kinda fucky.

The main difference to me is the .2mil wind holds and floating dot. While I prefer the SKMR1 > Mil-C, the Mil-C is way more friendly than the Mil-R for quicker holds.

A little off topic, but I ordered a MIL-C and ended up returning it. IMHO don't pick between that and an H59 if you haven't looked through a Kahles SKMR3 reticle. It has the .2 mil holds of the MIL-C, some of the advantages of the H59 because of the "tree", but without the clutter. It's a clean, clean image, and that open center with the dot in the middle is fantastic; no more deciding if you split the target in four perfect quarters. If you put that dot on it, you are going to hit exactly there... Designed for PRS matches.
1186BE00450DC390CB8F2EF648D1568F5BB037CE.jpg

Last edited:
From what I've seen from our customers, it seems that even though the Mil-C is the new 'hotness' that the Tremor3 and H59 are still the more popular options over the Mil-R reticle for the 5-25 Nightforce F1's. Feel free to call Mike at 916.670.1103 to discuss the Pros and Cons of the various reticles and for hide pricing.
Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56mm F1 ZeroStop .1 Mil-Radian, Digillum, PTL, H59 $3,395.00 http://bit.ly/2xKHMHW
Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56mm F1 ZeroStop .1 Mil-Radian, Digillum, PTL, Tremor3 $3,395.00 http://bit.ly/2vxrl5g