• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mil/Mil rifle scope for .308 for 300-900 yards.

You should really look into the CounterSniper line of Tactical Scopes.

You should really look into the CounterSniper line of Tactical Scopes.

Are they quality scopes? Have you ever used one? How is the build quality and quality of glass? any other info you could give me would be great, im looking at some of them atm, and i was wondering why the same model of scope ranges from 1000-7000 dollars with no difference in magnification or anything.

Why not look at an SWFA 5-20x50HD SS they are mil/mil and right in your price range. The 3.5-21 Bushnell HDMR is another great option and it would get you the Horus H59 reticle.

Are they quality scopes? Have you ever used one? How is the build quality and quality of glass? any other info you could give me would be great, im looking at some of them atm, and i was wondering why the same model of scope ranges from 1000-7000 dollars with no difference in magnification or anything.

He was kidding, they are the butt of every joke concerning tactical scope marketing.... They are cheap turds marketed as wonder optics.

Ok, for $1500 and under, (these are all FFP and mil/mil) in short:
SWFA SS 5-20x50
Bushnell Elite 3.5-21x50
Vortex PST 6-24x50
Sightron SIII 6-24x50

A little cheaper yet and still very good:
SWFA 3-15x42
Weaver Tac 3-15x50
Vortex HST 4-16x44

With the high end scopes I mentioned in the first responce, they are absolutely good for 300-900 due to having the best resolution on the market, resolution and clarity always trumps magnification.

He was kidding, they are the butt of every joke concerning tactical scope marketing.... They are cheap turds marketed as wonder optics.

SWFA SS 5-20x50
Bushnell Elite 3.5-21x50
Vortex PST 6-24x50
Sightron SIII 6-24x50

SWFA 3-15x42
Weaver Tac 3-15x50
Vortex HST 4-16x44

With the high end scopes I mentioned in the first responce, they are absolutely good for 300-900 due to having the best resolution on the market, resolution and clarity always trumps magnification.

Im looking at the sightron SIII 6-24x50 on opticsplanet and i was wondering what the difference in the mil-dot and the mil-dot mrad?
Nevermind that, what about this http://swfa.com/Sightron-10-50x60-SIII-30mm-Riflescope-P48423.aspx is that as good of quality as the 6-24x50 version?

Last edited:
For 1500 there is a lot of options. I would highly recommend contacting Colonial Armory, Mile High Shooting, or Euro Optic for all your scope buying needs. I hate to narrow down to one brand but if I was spending 1500 I don't think a Sightron would be my top pick.

For 1500 there is a lot of options. I would highly recommend contacting Colonial Armory, Mile High Shooting, or Euro Optic for all your scope buying needs. I hate to narrow down to one brand but if I was spending 1500 I don't think a Sightron would be my top pick.

Could you recommend a few scopes then?

Crosshair just about has it nailed down. There is also the Leupold Mark4 line. You could prolly even find a used NF NSX or Steiner for around that Coin. It would pay to do your due diligence and search all these things and educate yourself on everything before you buy. Hope this helps you.

I would personally be searching the for sale section for a like new or slightly used Nightforce, Vortex Razor HD, Steiner Military ETC.. 12-15 magnification is more then enough for 900+ yds, but having more does not hurt either.

Just to help everyone out.. Are you planning to use this as a bench/prone scope or for tactical matches, etc? If you are moving towards tactical, where you would be transitioning between targets, acquiring targets and whatnot, I would not suggest a scope with too much mag. Your field of view will be too narrow and may handicap you. If you are looking for a bench scope only, I would not suggest ffp as your reticle will be larger than you may wish at high mag and you do not need it to range bc of know distance range targets.

I would suggest reviewing your intended use for the optic, telling everyone your intentions, doing even more research, then make a decision.

Right now, there's a Nightforce 5.5-22x50 for $1350 for sale. Love my NF's.

Just to help everyone out.. Are you planning to use this as a bench/prone scope or for tactical matches, etc? If you are moving towards tactical, where you would be transitioning between targets, acquiring targets and whatnot, I would not suggest a scope with too much mag. Your field of view will be too narrow and may handicap you. If you are looking for a bench scope only, I would not suggest ffp as your reticle will be larger than you may wish at high mag and you do not need it to range bc of know distance range targets.

I would suggest reviewing your intended use for the optic, telling everyone your intentions, doing even more research, then make a decision.

Mostly bench/prone, later in life i may do some matches but as of now it's just fun competition between me and my dads friend from work.

This is sound input

SWFA SS 5-20x50
Bushnell Elite 3.5-21x50
Vortex PST 6-24x50
Sightron SIII 6-24x50

SWFA 3-15x42
Weaver Tac 3-15x50
Vortex HST 4-16x44

+1 the scopes on this list will do just fine. I personally run SWFA scopes. But everyone is different and some like them some do not. If you can check out the scope before buying that will be a major +

Consider looking for a used Nightforce…as mentioned above. This would give you a lot of glass for your money.

My $1500 choices would be
Nightforce- NXS 2.5-10x42 NXS 3.5-15 NXS 5.5-22 You may have to get a used one. Nothing wrong with that.
G2DMR- FFP bushnell scope. I have been very pleased with mine, I like it much more than the 5-20 SuperSniper HD that I have
5-20 HD Supersniper- I forgot what they are running now. I'm not a huge fan of the reticle but it works fine. It should be a tough optic. Parallax knob seem to suck on all of them though. Very stiff.
3-15 super sniper; I haven't seen one yet but I bet it would serve you right.
Fixed 10 Super Sniper or Bushnell Elite 3200. Both are solid scopes for under $300
Used Razor. I don't recommend Vortex scopes except the razor. Not a fan of the PST. I know people here love em but I've seen too many mess up.
There are other choices but none of these ^^^^ are bad choices.

My first two choices would be Nightforce of any of the above mentioned models or the Bushnell G2DMR. I've got thousands of rounds with mine and not taking it easy on it with zero problems.

Good luck!

Todd Conley has a new HDMR Horus H59 in the for sale section right now that would end your search with money in your pocket. And he is a great guy to boot.