• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mil reticle in spotter

M4orturnate

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2021
Cleveland Ohio
So im looking for a cheap spottet or monocular with a mil reticle for prs. I spot with razor uhd binos so im just looking for something cheap to mil targets quickly. The vortex solo and bushnell seem ok. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

The vortex razor hd has a mil eyepiece available

The Vortex monocular or the SWFA 12x32 Binos are probably the cheapest way to get into a MRAD "spotter".

Reactions: M4orturnate
I like my 8x Vortex monocular. For what it is and the price, I think it’d be hard to beat. Additionally, the RRS binocular mount works with it so you can mount it to a tripod with ease.

I got the polymer version of the mount from RRS for $40, they make an aluminum one for $125. But for the monocular (~$135) and mount (~$40), you’ve got a decent setup.

That said, I picked up a used Leupold BT binos with their mil reticle and its definitely easier to use. But FOR THE MONEY, the Vortex is a great deal. Vortex also makes a 15x for a few more hundred.

The Bushnell has much better glass than the Vortex in my experience. I had both and returned the Vortex. Unless it’s gotten a big glass upgrade in the past 5 years go Bushnell.

I have binos not the spotter. Dont know if id use a actual spotting scope enough to justify the cost.
your title and post literally mention a spotter

vortex recon 15x is nice
bushnell legend thing but the glass is meh at best

or...just buy a rangefinder (rangefinding binos would be better) for the same price and way more usefulness

Sorry I'm disregarding price, but Athlon's spotter, Ares 15-45×65, has a mil eyepiece you can buy. I have the spotter, but haven't tried that eye piece, which is on amazon for $175

Sorry I'm disregarding price, but Athlon's spotter, Ares 15-45×65, has a mil eyepiece you can buy. I have the spotter, but haven't tried that eye piece, which is on amazon for $175
Are those like the Razor where it's fixed at 22X? The Leupold Mark 4 or GR w/impact can be a good value if found used plus they're FFP and the reticle is effective at all magnification ranges.