• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Military Snipers and Special Forces

Re: Military Snipers and Special Forces

HEADSHOTBY308's initiation into the elite sniper community:

Dammit. Link/video won't embed... Search for "It was always Fumbles" on youtube, maybe somebody can post it.

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadshotBy308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does any one have any info for military sniper MOS sites that you have verify MOS to join? So I don't have to deal with these wannabee's.As a PMC I have to much respect for our profession to allow assocation and axcess to our sensitive information by these personel. It is insulting you have to earn SNIPER not just join a site. Semper Fi. I am a member of scout sniper assocation verified MOS, and SOCNET.</div></div>

As a former military linguist I'd prefer to find a place where people need to either prove their rate or MOS as a linguist or I'd even settle for a high school diploma/GED before posting. That way I don't have to read (sic) their abortions of the English language, complete with "gamer speak" and shit bird "handles" like yours.

Sick of the "wannabees" who profess that English is their first or second language.

There. We're even....

Headshot,
Please PM me. I want to learn how to be a real sniper. There are so many posers on this site and I am glad someone finally came along that could teach me some real world sniper craft. It would be the highlight of my life if you would take me under your wing.
I will change my handle to Headshot's Bitch if that is what it takes.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DW3dg9VURMU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DW3dg9VURMU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I think it's taken, But seriously I was trying to locate another site because of the unprofessional feed back I see, and get. seems like no one can answer a question with out putting some one down. my post is proof.

jesus loves you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadshotBy308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no I agree civilian is more advanced, But as a former 0321,8541 with 7 years served at age 50 I don't need to be treated like a 19 kid. Thats why I created the post. I see they can dish it out. </div></div>

Maybe you would like to send your DD-214 to a Mod to back up that claim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadshotBy308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no I agree civilian is more advanced, But as a former 0321,8541 with 7 years served at age 50 I don't need to be treated like a 19 kid. Thats why I created the post. I see they can dish it out. </div></div>

Maybe you would like to send your DD-214 to a Mod to back up that claim. </div></div>

Agreed!

I don't think verifying his qualifications matters one bit. Douchebags make it through all the schools in the military, SF, Ranger, Sniper, it doesn't make them any less of a douchebag.

What matters is how you conduct yourself as a member of the shooting community, and this is not a good start....

I was taught that a Sniper is a professional, if you want to be treated as one, act like one.

I spelled wannabees like that for all the wannabe's. And my handle "Headshot" is what I was called at Bco 1st Recon Bn as a real 8541. I added By308. Fare play and thanks for the kick in the crotch I had it comming. Sorry Im not a linguist. Im a sniper 10% shooting 90% field craft. I do 500 yard headshots with a M-16 with iron sights, and thats why they call me Headshot not linguist!
And let me get this correct you are a (LINGUIST)and you are a (SNIPER)correct? Check ( )yes or ( )No. I think not hence the reason for my post.

I agree I will conduct my self in a military manner. On socnet.com we don't allow the BS that goes on here. We are Professionals. Just wanted to put the want to be's in there place. One guy was a former Linguist talk about stepping on it.

thank's semper fi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadshotBy308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spelled wannabees like that for all the wannabe's. And my handle "Headshot" is what I was called at Bco 1st Recon Bn as a real 8541. I added By308. Fare play and thanks for the kick in the crotch I had it comming. Sorry Im not a linguist. Im a sniper 10% shooting 90% field craft. I do 500 yard headshots with a M-16 with iron sights, and thats why they call me Headshot not linguist!
And let me get this correct you are a (LINGUIST)and you are a (SNIPER)correct? Check ( )yes or ( )No. I think not hence the reason for my post. </div></div>

Keep it going. Your mole hill is at McKinley, and going to Everest.

Its idiots like you that trash good sites like this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadshotBy308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I agree I will conduct my self in a military manner. On socnet.com we don't allow the BS that goes on here. We are Professionals. Just wanted to put the want to be's in there place. One guy was a former Linguist talk about stepping on it.

thank's semper fi </div></div>

1. stay on socnet
2. you put nobody in their place
3. you're not a professional
4. kthnxbye

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadshotBy308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I agree I will conduct my self in a military manner. On socnet.com we don't allow the BS that goes on here. We are Professionals. Just wanted to put the want to be's in there place. One guy was a former Linguist talk about stepping on it.

Put the PlayStation controller down and if you don't like the "BS" here get the fuck off. Without posting your DD-214 you're the king of the "19 year old" "be's".

You're trying to tell us that your got the nickname 'headshot' by making 500yd headshots that everybody with a PlayStation controller can do too?!?!? Sounds like you've been watching to much Top Gun.

<span style="font-weight: bold">You're a walking insult to those of us who actually served.</span>

You have ZERO posts on SOCNET. So I have no idea what you are talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My nickname was intergalactic sniper champion of the universe. </div></div>

WIN

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadshotBy308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spelled wannabees like that for all the wannabe's. And my handle "Headshot" is what I was called at Bco 1st Recon Bn as a real 8541. I added By308. Fare play and thanks for the kick in the crotch I had it comming. Sorry Im not a linguist. Im a sniper 10% shooting 90% field craft. <span style="color: #FF0000"> I do 500 yard headshots with a M-16 with iron sights </span> , and thats why they call me Headshot not linguist!
And let me get this correct you are a (LINGUIST)and you are a (SNIPER)correct? Check ( )yes or ( )No. I think not hence the reason for my post. </div></div>

uummmmmok?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadshotBy308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks I'll change my sig lol, I new I was going to step on some toes it had to be done. And thank you for the info on the sites.
</div></div>

Changing your sig would be a start.

Do not try to put words onto a screen an imply that I gave you something I did not. If you were given any site addys, they were not from me. I indicated the US Army as some, but I have never, nor will I ever link them.

Having or worked a MOS means nothing. A 214 would be a start of sorts, but the pudding is always within 201's, AAR's or other places of truth.

You have a very long road to hoe here, make the most of your time.

You know, on a related note I have been on this site a long time. Many along with me and a few longer than I.

I cannot recall any time someone has come in with the "I'm a bad ass" attitude and been the real deal.

Not casting dispersions on the OP, although personally I think he's full of shit, just posting an observation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, on a related note I have been on this site a long time. Many along with me and a few longer than I.

I cannot recall any time someone has come in with the "I'm a bad ass" attitude and been the real deal.

Not casting dispersions on the OP, although personally I think he's full of shit, just posting an observation. </div></div>

Remember how that JJMcQuade deal turned out....KYS338 had to go back and delete all of his posts in that deal to save face. I still stand by the fact that he was spouting goofy shit about long-range Mp5SD work.

And since sarcasm is so hard to convey in text, here's some Homer Simpson to help portray my complete lack of seriousness on this matter.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FWXcuRdxOI&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FWXcuRdxOI&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, on a related note I have been on this site a long time. Many along with me and a few longer than I.

Not casting dispersions on the OP, although personally I think he's full of shit, just posting an observation.</div></div>

Especially if they haven't done the job in 25+- years. Must be a midlife crisis. He sure as hell isn't representative of the Reconnaissance community and his comprehension seems pretty low for him to have met the GT score requirement.

I am also quite confused about the "feedback" he was looking for as this thread was his second post and first question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm...

So remind me again why we can't make fun of the retarded fucking noobs?

</div></div>

Technically our posts are self defence and not an attack. He drew first blood when he slammed everyone on the site. >)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSSamurai</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think verifying his qualifications matters one bit. Douchebags make it through all the schools in the military, SF, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #FF0000">Ranger</span></span></span>, Sniper, it doesn't make them any less of a douchebag.

What matters is how you conduct yourself as a member of the shooting community, and this is not a good start....

I was taught that a Sniper is a professional, if you want to be treated as one, act like one. </div></div>
Wait a minute, I resemble that remark ...
laugh.gif
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadshotBy308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no I agree civilian is more advanced, But as a former 0321,8541 with 7 years served at age 50 I don't need to be treated like a 19 kid. Thats why I created the post. I see they can dish it out. </div></div>

Maybe you would like to send your DD-214 to a Mod to back up that claim. </div></div>

A great start would be simply "Acting Your Age !!!".Most of us here on SH are all about helping less experienced,and learning from more experienced members.

Still,the laughter provided by guys claiming to be 50yo and acting like middle school children provides entertainment......

"500 yard headshots (multiple?)w/ an M16 and iron sights"....WOW,just F'en WOW !!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm...

</div></div>

Cause they cry like little fucking babies and the mods feel bad for them...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummm...

</div></div>

Cause they cry like little fucking babies and the mods don't like <span style="color: #FF9900">hearing them whine like pussies....</span> </div></div>

Fixed it for you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Batyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, on a related note I have been on this site a long time. Many along with me and a few longer than I.

Not casting dispersions on the OP, although personally I think he's full of shit, just posting an observation. </div></div>

Remember how that JJMcQuade deal turned out....KYS338 had to go back and delete all of his posts in that deal to save face. I still stand by the fact that he was spouting goofy shit about long-range Mp5SD work.

And since sarcasm is so hard to convey in text, here's some Homer Simpson to help portray my complete lack of seriousness on this matter.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FWXcuRdxOI&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-FWXcuRdxOI&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Homer is my hero, and that is one of his classic moments. Thanks for posting. In fact this thread is beginning to make me thinkd of this ....

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=2EibxeGhOsE&feature=fvwp[/video]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not casting dispersions on the OP, although personally I think he's full of shit, just posting an observation. </div></div>

Will that observation bend 180* w/o a complete break?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadshotBy308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do 500 yard headshots with a M-16 with iron sights, and thats why they call me Headshot not linguist!</div></div>Well, headshot not linguist, that is indeed impressive
whistle.gif
Now I think I know why they call linguists 'cunny' and not 'Gunny'.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HeadshotBy308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spelled wannabees like that for all the wannabe's. And my handle "Headshot" is what I was called at Bco 1st Recon Bn as a real 8541. I added By308. Fare play and thanks for the kick in the crotch I had it comming. Sorry Im not a linguist. Im a sniper 10% shooting 90% field craft. I do 500 yard headshots with a M-16 with iron sights, and thats why they call me Headshot not linguist!

Not a sniper, never claimed to be but had I wanted to, I would have. Simple as that.

Had you been a serious individual, worthy of respect - you would have received serious responses and good discussion after the initial post.
Booger eaters like you give the entire community a bad image and of the TRUE snipers/SPECWAR individuals I've had the distinct pleasure of working and serving with - you're not fit enough to carry their dive fins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"500 yard headshots (multiple?)w/ an M16 and iron sights"....WOW,just F'en WOW !!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Hmmm let's see the front sight post on an M16A2 appears to be about 40" wide (e-type silhouette) @ 300m. That gives us about 13.33 MOA, and at 500m the front sight post would appear to be about 67 inches wide. Hmm the head on an e-type is about 10 in. So the front sight post would be about less than 1/6 the width of the front sight post.

Wow indeed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wanderlust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow indeed! </div></div>'told you it was impressive!
laugh.gif

It's that 90% fieldcraft secret training that teaches snipers to see the head at 500.
wink.gif

Yusss! ^^^^^^

Bahahahha.

Thanks guys, this made my Saturday night.

Cheers!

Here is a synopsis of Ancel Hersman's AAR's.

http://www.bfbc2.eu/en/ps3/stats/HeadshotBy308

I gotta give the dude credit. In 225 hours of PS/3 play, he has racked up 129 headshots and has a 0.36 Kills per minute average. Oh, wait. That's using a joystick. Never mind.

This is a pretty amusing post from a GunsAmerica ad for an M40:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/ultimate-sniper-rifle-3-inches-at-1000-yards-tactical-rifles/

"Reply
. HeadshotBy308 May 9, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Good Ol m40-a1 with the Redfield hold over and Kentucky windage. I remember that sweet thing slamming them out to 1,000 yards and more easy."

Then, he wrote:

"HeadshotBy308 May 9, 2011 at 2:41 pm

As a former Marine Recon Scout Sniper I grew up cutting my teeth head shooting small game with a 22. I have found that it is the shooter not the equipment. I know 3 inch groups can be done if ammo and conditions are right. But on the other hand I have purchased a 308cal. $300 Remington 700 hunting rifle from the pawn shop with iron sights, and mounted a $200 5×20 cheap scope. And out shot 3,000-5,000 dollar rifles at ranges from 600-1,000 yards with 5in to 8in groups. I don’t recall the barrel length 21in but not a 26in bull barrel. Rifles are to pricey today they are only as good as the operator, with a little trigger work, and consistant ammo you can get the job done. And fre floating barrels does help but it doesnt cost 3,000-5,000."

Mount Everest... here we come!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Ancel Hersman's profile on Tactical Crusaders:

He added scuba and demo to his MOS. And this in 2008. Seems he has been a Marine sniper Recon Demo expert for a while!

http://tchq.niceboards.org/u9

And from the MilDots forum:

http://www.mil-dot.com/articles/how-to-get-the-most-out-of-your-mil-dot-reticle

"HeadshotBy308 | April 25, 2011 at 11:43 | Reply
Well said basics,map and compass no batteries,mil dots no batteries. Kentucky windage Semper Fi, From a Recon Scout Sniper, and thanks for the refresher."

Cheers,

Sirhr

50 yr old ex-sniper or .....

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-jLlVMbQusQ&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-jLlVMbQusQ&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>