• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes millet DMS , who has used one

DAFAR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2003
Bremerton Washington
Guys,
I am considering putting a Millet DMS on a 16 inch AR platform. I already have an Aimpoint but I would like a little magnification. I am also looking at the vortex viper PST 1-4x but I am somewhat budget limited right now.
My intended use is 3 gun/4 inch targets out to 200 yards and paper plate sized targets out to 300.

I have been interested in the 1-4x DMS but I am concerned about the durability.I have had 0 exposure to Millett scopes so I have no idea about the quality. I have 4 questions I would like to ask SOMEONE WHO HAS USED OR SEEN ONE OF THESE UP CLOSE.

1,How well does their donut dot work at close range as a CQB optic?

2,Is there any visible recticle if the battery is dead?

3 how solidly built is the unit, is it a toy or will it hold up to field use?

4 lastly an opinion question. Do you think the glass/optical magnification good enough for my intended use?

Thanks for your time. I know there are other units out their but I am somewhat budget limited at this time

Re: millet DMS , who has used one

I had one and liked it a lot but just went back to open sights to save on weight.

The reticle is black when not lit I dont think I ever used the illumination.

It is not a true 1x so you still have a little magnifacation.

the clicks are positive and its well built for the price point but it is on the hefty side.

for the price of the DMS1 and a good mount you could go with a 3x for the Aimpoint you already have.

Form the money its a good scope for what you intend to do but its on the heavy side.

Dustin

I had the millet for awhile. As started the reticle is etched so its always visible. the illumination is not daytime visible, you might be able to see it against a dark background. But its not what id consider daytime bright.

as for the glass,I didn't care much about it. it has a pronounced fish bowl effect on 1x. Glass is adequate, but nothing to write home about.

the mag ring has a long throw, like 270º and is pretty dawn stiff

Ive got one on a S&W MP-22. No real complaints, other than the fish bowl effect on 1X.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DAFAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What were the adjustment knobs like under the caps?</div></div>
finger turrets
I like the scope but the two major down sides for me are the eye relief and weight