• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millet LRS Scope

DHShooter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2011
How good is the Millet LRS? 6-25x56mm. Is this scope Is the reticle on the second focal plane or the first? How is the clarity and focus.
Thanks

Re: Millet LRS Scope

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DHShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How good is the Millet LRS? 6-25x56mm. Is this scope Is the reticle on the second focal plane or the first? How is the clarity and focus.
Thanks </div></div>

Most people on this forum hate them, and you'll hear plenty of bad things about them. I had an early model that was made before Millett was sold to Bushnell, although I don't know if that really changes anything or not. Either way, for the money, I wasn't unhappy with my LRS-1 that I had. It was on top of a .300 WSM, and withstood at least 1,000 rounds of moderate 190 grain loads. I never had a problem with it holding zero or shifting zero. It's on top of a friend's .270 and is still holding zero and working fine.

It is a second focal plane reticle. The focus worked just fine on mine. The glass quality isn't "great", but it's about what you'd expect for a $300-400 rifle scope. I thought mine was quite bright, and had pretty good resolution. I do think there's better glass if you want to see "true colors" or a few more of them. To my eyes (subjective), I'd put it right in there with Bushnell Elite glass. It's different from the elite glass, but I'd say it's on that level. The scope is VERY large and pretty dang heavy. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's something that you should know. The 56mm objective lense lets in a lot of light, and mine always performed pretty well in low light situations. You just have to understand what you're getting. I didn't have any problems at all with the one that I owned, but that doesn't mean that you won't. If you do some searching, there are several people on this forum that have had problems with theirs. You'll find quite a few stories of people having problems with TRS scopes, but I think they're in a different quality standard level. Some others will disagree, but that's been my experience with them so far. If you can find one for a pretty good price (cheap), and that's what you're really wanting, go for it. If you are going to pay full price for one, there's scopes that will probably serve you just as good or better for the money. At the time that I bought mine, there wasn't really much better for the price, and a few things that were right there with it. I have since moved on to a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x mil/mil, but the LRS served it's purpose and wasn't bad to me.

My buddy has one, the only thing I don't like about it is the rings set so dang high, if you could get lower rings that would set the scope down closer to the barrel it wouldn't be bad, and it is huge, we nick named it the Hubble LOL

I have one sitting in my safe waiting to get sent back to Millett to get replaced. This is the 3rd one i have had replace. The 1st one after 50rds through my 338 the reticle turn clock-wise about 10 degrees. Sent it back for warranty which was replaced. That lasted about 300rds until the power ring messed up on it. Every time u turned the power ring up or down the reticle will 2-3 degrees either way. Sent that one back and the current one i have now has pieces inside the scope from where the locking ring on the windage turret broke. After getting this one replaced im gonna turn around and sell it. I have almost 500rds through the same rifle with my S&B and its spot on. So word of advice stay away from the LRS.

Looking at the sale at Natchez's?
I just saw it there for $220 and it's pretty tempting for the $$...

But after reading reviews here, and elsewhere, I'm gonna pass...

I too have one in the safe waiting to be send for repairs. Was only used in a .223 and lasted less than 500 rounds.

I purchased another exact model as my wife had it on her rifle and I wanted it replaced quickly as we were heading to the range the following day.

If the new one fails, I'm not getting a third. I will go to something else. I think you can tell what I think of them. This reminds me. I have got to send that wonderful scope in for repairs.

It's a huge ass scope, so there are only so many rings that will sit it down low. I use TPS rings and it sites nice and low.

B9afb.jpg

i have two of them and love them i have one on a ar10 308 and another on a rem 700 police both are very clear hold zero im thinking on buying another one

Replaced 3 in a 5 month span. 1st one, 308 recoil scrambled the internals and the elevation turret stopped working. 2nd one, the elevation screw stripped like it was made of butter and 3rd one the reticle got knocked out of whack on only the 10th shot out of the box.

In short, don't waste your money and if you're on a budget, but an SS 10x for the same price.

Pass on em! I've looked the a trs (i think it was) anyhow the next step down model wise. Looks decent, but I ain't heard much good. Go to wonderoptics and get a wotac for $300-350 better all the way around.

i have had zero problems with my trs-1, just ordered the LRS1 off of natchez. ill post back with my results

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pass on em! I've looked the a trs (i think it was) anyhow the next step down model wise. Looks decent, but I ain't heard much good. Go to wonderoptics and get a wotac for $300-350 better all the way around. </div></div>

Apparently you're not quite up to date on Wotac. There's been quite a lot of complaints about Wotac scopes, customer service, and even getting in touch with wonder optics. I'm not necessarily saying just rush out and buy an LRS, but I've heard lots of things just as bad or worse about Wotac scopes lately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomcat088</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pass on em! I've looked the a trs (i think it was) anyhow the next step down model wise. Looks decent, but I ain't heard much good. Go to wonderoptics and get a wotac for $300-350 better all the way around. </div></div>

Apparently you're not quite up to date on Wotac. There's been quite a lot of complaints about Wotac scopes, customer service, and even getting in touch with wonder optics. I'm not necessarily saying just rush out and buy an LRS, but I've heard lots of things just as bad or worse about Wotac scopes lately. </div></div>

I bought a Wotac from Matt(Wonders Optics). The scope is nice, repeatable, good glass and nice feel. However Matt is horrible to deal with. I think if you want to buy one, I would call Matt directly and place the order. Do not place the order over the net. Tell him you will be calling the next day for a tracking number, and if he doesn't have it you will stop payment on the credit card. That's how I got mine handled, I told him to cancel the order, he then overnighted it to me. He must of lost every penny he made from me in shipping. I own upper end glass for my other rifles and this is just as clear and works just as good. Maybe I just got lucky, but no problems so far with about 300 rounds on a 308. This gun see about 400 rounds a month so I'll know pretty soon if it can take the abuse.

I see there is quite a series of mixed reviews on this scope. I put a couple hundred rounds through it with my .300 win mag. I have it on my .375 for now until I get a Nightforce for that gun. For the money, I thought it was great. I got it on sale for $300 a while back and it served me very well. I am going to put it on my 22-250 after I get my NF.

Like people said before, it is a big fricken scope and weighs a lot. The 35mm tube and 56mm objective were very helpful in low light.

This scope served me well but like most low to mid-end scopes, it can sort of be a crap shoot for the quality of your scope. My elevation locked up and then when I turned it, the crosshairs weren't moving. Found out it was a lose screw and once I tightened that down it worked again. I was a bit disappointed with that factor but other than that it has worked.

If you find a really good deal on one, I would get it.

I own 3, and they all perform as expected. 1 is on a 308 rem AAC, 1 is on my Savage 338 lapua, and the other is on my 300 mag. Out of all of these, the 300 mag has about 4900 rounds through it and no problems. My only bitch is eye relief and weight. But they are not bad scopes for the $

I have mine on a 300WM so far works great. I did buy some low rings which are somewhat pricey. I do not have many rounds down range with it on (100-200.