• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Millett BK810004

NOR

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2009
macon, mo. 63552
Has anyone used any Millett scopes? Thinking of buying model LRS 6-25x56 mil-dot. It has 140 moa ele.adj. Hoping to get insight fron anyone who has used or at least researched it or other models. Also where are they manufactured?

Re: Millett BK810004

all i have heard is that the rings that it comes with are too high. and for what its worth, do a search for Millett and read all the threads about people with issues before you buy. there are other scopes that are close to the same price that are mil/mil and ffp. stuff i never knew about before i found this site and bought my TRS-1. i may have chosen a super sniper or a falcon menace had i known then what i know now

I just got my TRS-1 in the mail monday. So far mine seems to be a good one. Obviously pending the fact it is unmounted untill my rifle arrives on Thur morning. All my turrets are crisp and smooth. I have full MOA adjustments (which has been a problem for some people) I am crystal clear on 16 power. So far no complaints out of me. I will tell you one thing though. The mil/mil models seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. SWFA told me that they have not had any for some time and do not know when anymore will come in, if they ever do again. So if mil/mil is a must for you, Millett is out! I bought it as a decent starter scope that I can put on my 17HMR later when I upgrade to something better! I will let you know more when I get it mounted and get a zero.

The Millett scope i was looking at was a LRS-1. When you were talking about TRS scopes, I thought you meant a different brand name, not a millett model. Do I feel stupid!

The TRS is their Tacital line and the LRS is the Long range line. Let me know what you decide to go with. Interested to see some of the competition in the same general price range

Axman

glad you got your scope taken care of. we try to give the best service possible.

as to the Mil mil scopes that have .1 mil clicks, we are shipping them as fast as we get them in. Demand is high for all the tactical scopes. We are still making them so look around and you will find one I am sure.

Good shooting

Steve

My recent Duren Custom Rem 700 acquisition had/has a Millett TRS-1 (old knobs) on it. So far I've had no complaints about it other than the knobs, which Millett has updated. I keep my dialing noted in my data book when I make adjustments, so no worries there.

1/2 MOA @ 100yds with 150 gr Federal soft point ammo and that was the 1st outing with it for me and I know it will shoot better than that with tuned loads and more practice.

Now if I could just figure out how to get a replacement sunshade...

steve, i have been critical mostly because i was starting to feel like i should have gotten a kiss. you know, because i felt like i was getting...well you know the old saying. i have liked the scope since i got it and like all the features that it has for the money it costs. i hope everything works out and the name overcomes the quality issues. its all the little things that add up. have the site and instruction manual updated, that seems so easy to do and it would really, in my mind, give a more professional face to millett products. i have had millett iron sights on several pistols and love them. that was part of my decision to purchase the scope over nikon. and i have a nikon camera plus they give a free mildot master with all mildot scopes. but good customer service goes a long way. thanks.

slurpin, sorry, i should have been more clear. i wouldnt discout the scope. i like the features it has, i think it will be fine. i knew when i paid $300 it wasnt an S&B, USO or Leupold. i couldnt afford them on the budget i had allowed. plus had i spent that much i would really be kicking my azz for not having shot it. i wanted everything right before i pull the trigger. i just want it to work. now that i can get the warranty work done, i totally believe it will be a good scope. next i would like to build/have built a rifle and that one will get higher dollar optics.

hide, just call bushnell or buy a generic. maybe ebay if the other options fail.

Will do some more research on Millet and a few others. Sounds like bushnel is somewhat over whelmed at the present time trying to get millet issues ironed out. Thanks fellas.

I also have a TRS-1 on my SPS Tactical and it is working out real good so far for me. I did have to send back the first one because the turret had a bad tooth the clicks felt mushy at one spot every so many, but SWFA took care of me and sent me another.This one is fine.

I'm very pleased with my millet TRS-1.
My range only goes to 200, so I don't have a chance to extend it out.

If I turn the turrets ALL the way out, to maximum elevation, I notice that the turret ends up skewed a bit. I would never need all of that elevation though.

If they made one just like it, except FFP and .1 mil turrets, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I have one of the LRS-1's mounted on my 300 RUM, I have 159 rds through the rifle so far with no change in POI, it returns to zero every time. I have only taken the rifle out to 700 yds so far, but at 12.5 power everything is clear, at longer ranges at 25 power you will start to see the difference between a 450 dollar scope and a 2000 dollar scope, not as clear as a S&B or Nightforce, but very good quality for what you pay. The Mildot/Dash works great for ranging targets as the dashes are .5 mil
My one gripe though is the rings, they are extremely high, with that 35 mm tube and a 20 MOA base, might sight height is 2.6"

The only other rings I have found in 35 mm are $ 150-200 a set.

my scope is on the way to bushnell. i got a mesaage on their facebook page to email a guy in tect support. i did, he called me back. we talked and he is going to take a mil/mil version to the tech shop to have them verify everything is 100% and then mailing it to me. so the mil/mil millett (s-s-stutter much?) does exist and is on the way to me right now. ill keep you posted. if they added ffp to the line up, they would have all bases covered

I have enjoyed my Millett LRS and haven't had any issues with it. I got it before Bushnell bought out the company (pre-production order). The optical quality is great, I can make out a 12"x12" target at 1500 yards, I don't know what's not to like about that. Mine is on a .300 WSM with 123 rounds down the tube, it's held zero, no problems. I've taken it out to 800 yards, and haven't had any issues with that either. The rings would keep the scope "high" on certain stocks yes, but you need pretty tall rings to accomodate a scope that has a 56mm objective. My scope doesn't sit that high off of the barrel with Butler Creek covers on the front. So I can see how it would be high on some stocks, but if you have a higher cheekpiece, I don't find it unreasonable. It's what you have to deal with when you get into large objective lenses.

I haven't verified the reticle size, although I need to. I bought this model before they mad the mil/mil model, but if she holds up, I may get another in with mil/mil, when they're available. Either way, she's been a good scope, and I love the reticle.

yup, big river posted that he had three in stock in the optics forum. may still have them.

I have a friend that has a 5r with a Millett LRS-1, 6-25x56 with a 35mm tube. IMO, the scope was very clear and tracked very well from 100 to 500 yards throughout the day. It has a mil dot reticle with half mil hash lines which I thought was very nice.

Got an LRS-1 on a 50BMG. No problems to date. Sighted in and shot a few (maybe 20 rounds) and it's held. Tracks well, pretty clear up to about 22x then it dims quite a bit thereafter. Didn't want to drop the coin for a NF etc. on a rifle I don't shoot much. So far, so good, no complaints to here.

When we get some warmer weather and I can spend some serious time working the scope, I'll take it out to a range I've found that has an 800 yard distance so I can work the math and work the mil-dot on the Millett. I don't expect any problems, but anything can happen.

Had a 32x BSA Contender on my DPMS LR308 and it helped me pop a clay pigeon at 450 yards, so the Millett should be capable of the same thing.

I have a Buck Gold 4-16x56 on a m700 5r. Its actually pretty damn good considering it was only $300.

As you can see, it is HUGE!!!!

i came in from out of town yesterday and i have 2 of these waiting for me. they are huge. no one can argue that. everything seemed good with the clicks and glass so far. i just wrapped up mounting them this morn. as stated before, the rings are just ridiculous high. i used an egw 20 moa base on my m700 5r and literally i have 7/8" of a gap between the lense cover and the objective. over and in gap to the actual objective. dark ops make a set of 35mm med height rings. gonna order a pair soon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hide or Die</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When we get some warmer weather and I can spend some serious time working the scope, I'll take it out to a range I've found that has an 800 yard distance so I can work the math and work the mil-dot on the Millett. I don't expect any problems, but anything can happen.

Had a 32x BSA Contender on my DPMS LR308 and it helped me pop a clay pigeon at 450 yards, so the Millett should be capable of the same thing. </div></div>

800 yard range near us? Where at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUN NUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hide or Die</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When we get some warmer weather and I can spend some serious time working the scope, I'll take it out to a range I've found that has an 800 yard distance so I can work the math and work the mil-dot on the Millett. I don't expect any problems, but anything can happen.

Had a 32x BSA Contender on my DPMS LR308 and it helped me pop a clay pigeon at 450 yards, so the Millett should be capable of the same thing. </div></div>

800 yard range near us? Where at? </div></div>

Big Piney Sportsman's Club: Houston, Mo. Sent you a PM with the details as there's a F-Class shoot on 1/24 at 0900.

Got my replacement TRS-1 today. 1 week + 2 from the date that Bushnell received it. New Milletts have a lot of "fluff" in the box. Big spiffy red box, big fluffy scope cover with gold embroidery "Millett", internal display stand for the scope (why I don't know). Even came with a sunshade and flip-out covers.