• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Millett LRS-1

Yowie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2014
What are these scopes like? Pros and cons?

Read about 2 dozen reviews and they are mixed but all say that had no issues with the company if the scope broke or had any defects after use

I had one that performed well... until it got rained on. After that, the magnification band stuck at 12X. I twisted a bit harder & the reticle twisted 1/8th.

I called the company & they sent a replacement to me. It took a little while, but it finally came.

In fairness, the original worked well until it got wet. I never performed a tracking test so I can't say oneway or another how well it tracked. Believe it or not, the glass is pretty clear.

I haven't had the replacement in any sort of inclement weather so I can't say whether it was a fluke or not. I hope this helps.

I have both the TRS and the LRS and I gotta say they both work for me. My only gripe with the TRS I have is it is a MIL/MOA but I guess they make a MIL/MIL version now. I had a Leaupold go bad on me and needed a quick fix so I bought the Millett, never put the gold ring scope back on. I wasn't too stoked that Bushnell owns them but they have a great warranty.

Ok well basically I'm at the point of deciding to either go with the millett LRS-1 for $550 or saving my money and going up to a Ziess Conquest HD5 5-25x50.

Thoughts?

I expect to replace my Millett at some point and when I do, it will be the new Burris XTR II. It has one of the industrie's best warranty and I think it will give Nightforce a run for their money at half the price.

I have a LRS-1 that I got for cheap. I've read about the horror stories some people have with them.....foggy glass, sluggish dials, so far the glass is clear through out the magnification range and the dials are positive and crisp.
Maybe I've got one of the good ones???? We'll see when it gets subjected to some recoil and a tracking test. .......

It's a pretty damn good scope for the money.

I bought one for a piggin' scope on a .223 and ended up slapping it on a 308 for the last six months while I ironed out what glass I wanted. I used it to shoot to 1000 yards without issue. Even competed with it a couple times. Tracked great. I have no complaints.

Ok well basically I'm at the point of deciding to either go with the millett LRS-1 for $550 or saving my money and going up to a Ziess Conquest HD5 5-25x50.

Thoughts?
For the same money as LRS1 I'd rather have the Falcon Menace as it's ffp.

For the same money as LRS1 I'd rather have the Falcon Menace as it's ffp.

That is like saying you would rather have a horse turd over a cow pie. Both are a waste of time. SWFA or Bushnell are the lowest price full function scope you should be looking at.

That is like saying you would rather have a horse turd over a cow pie. Both are a waste of time. SWFA or Bushnell are the lowest price full function scope you should be looking at.

Millet is owned by Bushnell. When you have a question about a Millet, the Bushnell rep answers the phone. When they ship Millet scopes out, they leave the Bushnell plant.

Ever notice that Bushnell has an LRS scope for almost the exact same price?

My shop is trying to get the 1x6 Millet that is due out in October as an inexpensive option for 3 gunners who want a 6x. Guess who our rep is...... Bushnell dealer sales.

Just sayin'

Last edited:
I had an LRS and liked it until I tried to stretch it out. Tracked very well, but on the way back down it would lose zero.

Good glass though...

I sold it (after fully disclosing to the guy the issues) and bought a Viper PST with the money and never looked back.

I almost went with one but when I was at shot and looked through it and held it.. it just felt... off. idk how else to explain it. glass was nice though. Ended up going with a Sightron SIII

General Motors also sold the Corvette and Geo metro at the same time.

Just Sayin.....

There wasn't anything wrong with the Metro either. It was just a budget car with a hampster motor. It got from point A to point B.

Spending less needs to come with the understanding that you are getting less in return. It doesn't always mean it's junk.

For $250 plus dollars the Millet is a decent scope. It's not junk. It's every bit as nice as the Bushnell LRS. But it's by NO means the quality or features of a nicer scope. It's a Geo Metro, not a Corvette.

I sold it (after fully disclosing to the guy the issues) and bought a Viper PST with the money and never looked back.
Careful. Your scope isn't on Benders list of approved lowest price full function scopes.

I almost went with one but when I was at shot and looked through it and held it.. it just felt... off. idk how else to explain it. glass was nice though. Ended up going with a Sightron SIII
Neither's yours.

I've opted to spend the $1500 on a Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 as I know it will be good quality, it fits my current rings and isn't as bulky as the LRS.

Cheers for the input guys

It too rubbed me the wrong way when I looked at one at a shop. First impression of it in person was that it is much bigger and heavier than it looks in pictures over the internet. Glass was pretty clear though and reviews on them seem good. For what it's worth I ended up going with a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50mm mil/moa.

I've opted to spend the $1500 on a Zeiss Conquest HD5 5-25x50 as I know it will be good quality, it fits my current rings and isn't as bulky as the LRS.

Cheers for the input guys

I'm sure this thread would have went an entirely different direction had you mentioned you would spend up to $1500 on glass.

I'm sure this thread would have went an entirely different direction had you mentioned you would spend up to $1500 on glass.

Well I was being a tight ass and only wanted to spend $550 on the millett but now I'm like fuck it and going to spend $1,000 - $1,500 on glass. Zeiss Conquest HD5 or Vortex Viper PST, I'm deciding on which one as we don't have heaps of brands here in Australia like you guys in the US

Zeiss over Vortex.

> means greater than. Whatever the open end points to is greater. It is a math term.

Zeiss over Vortex.

> means greater than. Whatever the open end points to is greater. It is a math term.

Ah yes true, don't use that much haha do you know if they are still making the conquest range? As the local dealer said they stopped making them 3 years ago

I have no idea. But new Ziess stuff is good stuff. Look at the new Weaver 5-30. Or used scopes here on the hide. vortex are ok, but for the money you can do better. A SWFA 5-20HD is $1500 new and a great value. Bushnell and Burris xtr line is good. Lots of stuff better than a PST Vortex. Unless you get a a Razor from Vortex. They are a great scope. Lots of choices. Don't skimp. Spend the most your budget allows.