• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett scopes? Give me your opinion

NorthernMichiganArms

Private
Minuteman
Ok here it is. I would like to get a rating on Millett scopes. I'm hearing alot about them these days. I would like to know if you own one, what it was on and what your review of the thing is. If you have not owned one or shot a gun with one on it please dont leave a review. Too many negative people out there that have never even used the product they are bashing.

Ready for Millett scope feedback.

Re: Millett scopes? Give me your opinion

I have two of the DMS 1-4X models, both mounted on AR15s. They have held together well as far as the stuff that counts (stays zeroed, reticles intact, glass didn't fall out, etc) but there have been a couple of things I didn't like. They came with covers (BC style) and those covers didn't make it thru the first day on either scope.
I would not plan on mounting one to a 338 LM or the like and it working out well though.

I got a 4-16x50 on my 17HMR, and to honest i am really pleased with it. I bought it and a Vortex viper PST at the same time as the Millet, and I was more impressed with the Millet. I need to send in the PST for some warranty work still, but for the money i think they are decent scopes for the price. Maybe some one will chime in with some larger caliber experience with them. For a low end optic it has preformed well, but then again it is on my rimfire ground squirrel stick.

Have a DMS-1 and a TRS-1. The TRS had a strange habit of everything turning white on high magnification. Not sure why it did that, but I feel like the power was useable only to about 10x (it's a 3.5-15 I believe). It was mil/moa I didn't like. I then upgraded to the F1 NF and mounted my TRS on the trainer...I'll be getting another scope for the trainer.

Granted, I may be spoiled by the NF.

The DMS-1 sat on top of an ar-15 for a recce role. It's durable, the eye relief is a little finicky at 4x. The covers are absolutely pointless and I never ran them. Illumination wasn't bad. I set the zero appropriately and never used the reticle for anything except for putting the dot on target and pulling the trigger.

I believe the DMS is a decent optic. The shortcomings of the glass quality are sort of minimized in a 1-4 role. I felt I needed some more magnification for the recce role, but at the time a 1-8 wasn't in budget. The TRS to me felt like a bit of a let down. I'm a big fan of FFP and I like to be able to use the reticle at all magnification. The TRS didn't have this feature. It's illumination was fine, the adjustments were okay, but it was a bit finicky.

If I had to do it all again, I would look at something other than the TRS. The DMS worked.

I have a TRS 2.For under $300.00 it is a great scope. I used it to learn and see if I want to try to get good at long range. I will be up grading but it was worth every penny spent for sure.

i had the TRS-1 on my 700 for a while before i sold it to a buddy. i havnt had the opportunity to shoot a lot of high dollar glass, but i absolutely loved the scope. only reason i replaced it was because Natchez had the LRS 6-25x56 for ~$250. havnt gotten to shoot the new one yet though. this thing is BIG!

it saved me a lot of money too. the LRS came with 35mm rings, and those things arent cheap!

I've been looking into buying the mil/mil TRS-1, can anyone tell me about that one, I've been reading the reviews, there are bad ones, but most certainly more good than bad.

I've a Buck Gold 4-16x56mm, mildot ret on a .308 for 8 months or so. I think its decent, I was surprised by the clarity and brightness. The adjustments (MOA) are accurate and repeatable, parallex works, full power range is usable all the way thru dusk, reticle calibrated at 10X. The turret clicks are not consistent audibly or tactily so you have to really pay attention or watch the hashmarks, they reset to zero by loosening one screw. The parallex adjustment make a mechanical/binding sound that leads me to believe it will eventually fail. The reticle is in my opinion too thick for true precision target shooting, but I think this of many. It is heavy, and it is large.

In summary I have had no functional issues with this scope, it is clear and bright and the adjustments accurate, it does have somethings that could be better. I have no regrets about purchasing it and will probably run it until something fails, which I do believe will happen at somepoint. I will be upgrading at that time, or maybe sooner, and while I've been happy with it, probably won't be in the market for a Millet again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rusty815</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking into buying the mil/mil TRS-1, can anyone tell me about that one, I've been reading the reviews, there are bad ones, but most certainly more good than bad. </div></div>i had one on my 700 and regularly took it out to 700yds. it was well built and the illumination worked well. i would buy another if i needed to.

im always running into people at the range with the TRS-1, i always get the "well its not a US optics, but you cant beat the price!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treymchattie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rusty815</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking into buying the mil/mil TRS-1, can anyone tell me about that one, I've been reading the reviews, there are bad ones, but most certainly more good than bad. </div></div>i had one on my 700 and regularly took it out to 700yds. it was well built and the illumination worked well. i would buy another if i needed to.

im always running into people at the range with the TRS-1, i always get the "well its not a US optics, but you cant beat the price!" </div></div>

Thanks!!! I heard that they were having a few quality control issues a few years back, it seems that has been fixes since i couldn't really find any complaints from people buying their scopes within the last year. I guess I'll be purchasing the scope within the month (for my student budget build).

I had one for a while mounted on my ar-15 for about 400 rounds and then mounted it on an 280 for 300. It worked just fine the whole time even with all the cranking on the knobs. NO regrets for the price

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .280AI</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had one for a while mounted on my ar-15 for about 400 rounds and then mounted it on an 280 for 300. It worked just fine the whole time even with all the cranking on the knobs. NO regrets for the price </div></div>

was yours mil/mil or moa/mil?

I had mine on my .308 Howa for a couple of hundred rounds and it's now on my Nagant (yes you read it right) and has done about the same, no complaints as of yet.

I still have a TRS1 4-16 moa/mil. It needed the illuminator switch replaced when received. Bushnell made me pay shipping both ways or they wouldn't accept it on the loading dock. I still have that one as a backup for a Ruger M77 308. It's usable at 16x but milky appearance and critical eye position. I also had two TRS1 mil/mil scopes. Those were both useless at anything above 12x due to very milky image and were returned without ever being mounted. The inside of the tube is improperly blackened. That's a manufacturing problem so a replacement might be as bad. I will never buy another Millett product due to it's poor quality and Bushnell's warranty policy. Some people have gotten a good one, but not me.

I was looking to buy a TRS-1 , and then I started to read all kinds of problems and complains on them , so I changed direction and went to the 30mm Mueller Tactical 4.5-14x40 APT . The glass is great , and the objective parallax is very precise . I am very pleased , so pleased that right now I am also waiting on the 30mm Mueller Target 8-32x44SF scope . In my humble opinion , for the money these scopes are the best bang for the buck and much more . I think that the Mueller scopes are way underrated ... these are not your average run of the mill cheap scopes and have lifetime warranty that I hear is very good .

Have a TRS2 4-16x. Had it mounted on to Rem 700 and LAR 8 at one point. It worked well, but I didn't use it for dynamic shooting. Image quality was acceptable for shooting paper on a bright day, but it was a little cloudy at 16x. Held up to recoil fine on my .308s, but I've since upgraded and relegated the scope to a less serious rifle.

Good Post!
I own 3 Millett's, they are all the same, they are called
New Generation Varmint Target model # KB 30738. They are mil dot, and side focus.
I have one on my 24" Target AR 15-223/5.56
I have one on my 22" Oly 243 WSSM
The other will be put on a 6.5 Grendel some time this week. As you can tell I like them. The 2 that are in use havn't given any problems. I think for the Budget Long Range Shooter it would be hard to beat!! I have got to go up a few post'd and get the info on the 6.5x25x56 for $250.00 that is a lot cheaper than I paid for the KB 30738!!! I gave $425.00 for mine and the next step up to get a better Glass you have to double that amount, I have allways said your rifle is only as good as the Glass you have on it!!!
That just happens to be my 2 cents.
Greg