• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Millett Tactical Scopes

hrfunk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
Ohio
Anyone running a Millett Tactical Scope? I was looking at them and thought they looked interesting. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
HRF

Re: Millett Tactical Scopes

There's been about a zillion threads on here about them. Use the search function and you will come up with more info than you can read in a year. I've had 3 TRS-1's and still have one of them. I have zero complaints about them for their price! However, you will find that others on here have different opinions about them.

OOPS! be prepared for a possible lashing, one post, same question that comes up a few times a month....

there's more than a few threads on millets, click on the "easier to find stuff - sniper's hide google search" in my signature and enter millet, millet trs, millet optics, millet scopes. if you can't find what information you are looking for, come back and ask again.

get ready to duck...

Sorry. I didn't realize I'd touched a hot-button.

HRF

Don't worry about it. Some on here get their panties in a wad over the small stuff. The search engine that top predator gave you above works much better than the one on this site.

not with all, but with some. then the bandwagon kicks in. just thought i'd give you a heads up.

it's a great site though, lots of information, lots to learn and enjoy. sometimes newbies get the hazing, especially on recently multiple covered topics. if your gonna stick around, do the search thing first to avoid the beatings.

oh, where are my manners, welcome to the hide.

ive got one. click my name, view my posts. its a form of search

Yeah I should have mentioned that this is a great site! There is a wealth of knowledge in long range/tactical shooting here. Plus if you're like me, it's gonna end up costing you an ass load of money! Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. I'm new to the site, but not to the subject matter. I've been a Police Sniper for 13 years; trained by both the FBI and OPOTA. I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and opinions. I guess I just picked the wrong subject to start with. Budget cuts are hitting my department pretty hard and when I saw the price of the Millett scopes I wondered if they were any good. I didn't expect them to be the equal of Night Force, or the tactical Leupys, or any of the other top shelf glass, but I wondered if they were good for the money.

Thanks Again,
HRF

The 'search before posting' thing is the hides only pet peeve - ok, that and don't show pics of your 'impressive' three shot groups, lol! No one on here's gonna be impressed unless they're five shot groups.
For the money, they are a great scope, but don't compare it to a high-dollar scope side-by-side at long distances and max zoom...
I use mine successfully to 600 yards, and will probably be forced to use it at 1,000 in a few weeks unless the Viper PST starts shipping. It's pretty clear glass, but only the inner circle of it, then it starts to get cloudy. You won't notice it until you compare it directly to a nicer scope with top-shelf glass. Then you'll realize that the glass actually kinda sucks. Still, it's the best scope in it's price range if you're looking for the features it offers. YOu can get better glass for around the same price, but it will be a fixed power scope and not have all the bells and whistles.

Great for ar15 and ar10 due to little recoil obviously...

For bolt action buyer beware... For $2-300 you pay for a millet might as well grab a bushnell or nikon or heck even a leupold for same or 100 bones more.

Farmboy, while I don't agree with you, PLEASE POST SOME MORE
wink.gif
love that .gif!

there crappy scopes but i am able to smack metal at 400 yards easy with a barska 10x swat tactical scope... cheap and poorly made but it did hold its zero well with my ar15

I have to agree with people who call them cheap. You get what you pay for, and in the firearms industry there is no way around that. I went cheap for a scope, and I paid for it dearly.

Been running a LRS-1 for over 2 years now, have no issues with it, tracks well and produces near 1/2 moa groups at 500yds.