• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Millionaire Still Getting Food Stamps

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/175873/1/Millionaire-Still-Getting-Food-Stamps

Auburn, MI-- Most of us dream of winning the lottery to escape a life of poverty and government assistance.

However, CBS Affiliate WNEW in Michigan found a man who won $2 million on a game show and he is getting food stamps, which is paid for by taxpayers.

In 2010, when he wasn't rich, Leroy Fick won his millions on a Michigan lottery show called "Make Me Rich!".

A year later, Fick confirmed to TV5's Reporter, Bill Walsh, that he still uses food stamps.

Fick's logic for still using the card, is because more than half his winning went to taxes. Fick and his attorney said the Department of Human Services told him he could continue to use the card.

Fick and his attorney claim they contacted all the necessary officials but Fick was not denied the card.

<span style="font-weight: bold">When the reporter asked about why he think's it's okay to continuing getting food stamps, Fick told him, "If you're going to try to make me feel bad, you aren't going to do it."</span>

Neighbor's told the station that they have seen Fick driving a new Audi convertible.

Re: Millionaire Still Getting Food Stamps

Shanky secretly admires him. Just imagine how cheaply he could feed his herd of heifers.

You can wash the mudd off a pig.......But in the end, he is still a pig.
......SmokeRolls

Typical Michigan BS. State is hurting for money and this guy thinks it is alright to get taxpayer money. Figures.

He paid his taxes and is eligable......I say go for it.

Thank you Goldie, For fucks sake, He payed more in taxes in that one winning than I'll make over the next 20 years. I don't blame him for wanting "HIS" money back.

dont hate the player, hate the game. he followed the rules. if you dont like the rules, change them or the law.

and remember, the same senator or congressman thats showing his "rage and indignation" also voted himself a raise every year he has been in office

Sad. I tried getting before in college. I paid for my college education completely myself, had a job, was barely scraping by and was denied. Guess I just needed to win the lottery.

I hope none of you guys are going to take your social security checks when you are eligable.

Man, I am so sick of people talking about how much they hate social security/welfare, but then they are the first ones lined up with their hand out demanding their check when its their turn.

He didn't follow the rules. If he filed his taxes correctly hewould have been kicked out of the system! I am guessing he will be in deep shit now???

Like the TeaParty lady said, Keep Government out of our lives and dont touch my Medicare!

I wonder if the 'news' agency actually checked to see if infact the welfare office had been notified and did infact ok the Millionaire continuing on food stamps.

Oh well, I hear tell most lottery winners are flat broke within 5 years of winning the jackpot. Most likely he wont qualify for food stamps then,
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope none of you guys are going to take your social security checks when you are eligable.

Man, I am so sick of people talking about how much they hate social security/welfare, but then they are the first ones lined up with their hand out demanding their check when its their turn. </div></div>

Ive never heard anyone ever say they hate Social Security.....

The best thing that could happen at this point is for all the government handouts to end, medicaid, foodstamps, they are all over abused. 1in6 people are on food stamps and enough is enough, I feel sorry for the people that really need a hand up not a hand out but something has to give.

People on the dole should be ineligible to receive any kind of lotto winnings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope none of you guys are going to take your social security checks when you are eligable.

Man, I am so sick of people talking about how much they hate social security/welfare, but then they are the first ones lined up with their hand out demanding their check when its their turn. </div></div>

Ill be 62 in 6 months 21 days and 7 hours. Im practicing extending my hand now. I want it nice and limber when the check and medicade come my way. Im gonna live a long time soI can suck long and deep from the younger generationt.

Better not choke while sucking, It will be hard to find a doctor that takes Medicaid. Hard enough to find one that takes Medicare.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He paid his taxes and is eligable......I say go for it. </div></div>

Right!

Not his fault the system is flawed... I'd do it too if I were in the same situation, and was allowed to!